Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 12:18 PM

2,531 posts, read 2,789,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Of course she wouldn't have thought that. But there is a difference in knowing that you're entering into a prominent family with a long history and a lot of protocols, but not knowing the true extent to which the family controls its members. Megan, as an actress, was used to a certain level of minor celebrity, but it could not compare to the scrutiny she went under as part of the royal family.

I watched part of the interview out of curiosity. I don't really care, but, man, just based on the vitriol and judgement in this thread, you can see how Megan Markle was in a terrible position. Even in this obscure corner of the internet, you've got people convinced that Harry, who grew up up in the spotlight, was completely manipulated by this viper of a golddigger, as if he had no free will or isn't used to people wanting things from him. People are mean.
I was being facetious about the grannie and the cookies. I should have used the "facetious" emoji if there is such a thing.

Old 03-08-2021, 12:28 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,356,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
I don't believe for one minute that she didn't know what she was getting into. She's an actress and one researches one's roles. What did she think when Harry said he was going to be introducing her to his grandmother? Did she expect a grannie in a house dress and fuzzy slippers baking chocolate chip cookies?

Not knowing the National Anthem? Not knowing protocol including how to curtsy? How anyone who hasn't lived in a cave, let alone someone who was already a celebrity (and who had lived, for years, in Canada where Queen Elizabeth II is sovereign) possibly not have a clue? Plus she's already media-savvy and had a website of her own. She wasn't a babe in the woods. She should have been prepared on so many levels.

She was ill-suited for the situation she finds herself in and I'm actually surprised (and a bit dismayed) that Harry pursued the relationship. I see a rocky future for both of them.

I do think, though, that Oprah did a good job with the interview. Watching her work was worth it.

I'm not a fan of Oprah but I do think she did a good job too.

Meghan has now, with all of a 2 hr interview, cemented herself as the victim. She was going to suicide, killing herself AND her unborn royal child?? I highly doubt it.

And I hardly think people are being mean. She and Harry put themselves out there and shot both barrels, don't do it if you're not ready for mixed reviews.

Old 03-08-2021, 12:33 PM

15,877 posts, read 21,475,194 times
I think it's been pretty obvious for years before Meghan that Harry wanted out. The only manipulation she had to do was tell him it was OK to leave.

The infantilization of a 36 year old man and combat vet is absolutely astounding.

As far as Meghan being a golddigger, I'm pretty sure she's worth more than Harry at this point. And yet they still left.

Old 03-08-2021, 12:54 PM

7,031 posts, read 2,733,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
I'm not a fan of Oprah but I do think she did a good job too.

Meghan has now, with all of a 2 hr interview, cemented herself as the victim. She was going to suicide, killing herself AND her unborn royal child?? I highly doubt it.

And I hardly think people are being mean. She and Harry put themselves out there and shot both barrels, don't do it if you're not ready for mixed reviews.
Oprah is a racist who was drooling at the opportunity to push a race angle with these two.

Old 03-08-2021, 01:01 PM

728 posts, read 303,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
I agree. Edward was very weak, easily influenced and self-indulgent. Harry seems to be similar. He had the same delusional thinking that he could change the status quo and that love would conquer all. When that didn’t work out, powerful friends and the media were brought in to force the issue. It didn’t end the way Edward wanted and it won’t likely for Harry either.

Harry's great grand uncle who abdicated the throne for an American woman suffered dearly living on the good graces of others in America the way Harry is doing now. Edward VIII was the the King of England. The young fool doesn't learn. Oprah will close her doors when the wind blows the wrong way. It won't be long before we get to see Prince Harry on skid row and dumpster diving in LA.

Old 03-08-2021, 01:24 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,216,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
Edward VIII gave up being the king for the woman he loved and lived out a sad, isolated life. With social media and Oprah as his friend, Harry will remain in the public eye and not be ostracized like Edward. Harry is on the same downward spiral as Edward though. It will take him longer to realize it with the media giving the illusion of relevance. Harry has given up his title with no way back. Edward also believed for a while that he could have it all until reality set in.
Yes, you have a point. The sad thing is that being a prince is the only thing he has been trained to do. Since he gave that up, he simply is not “relevant.”

I don’t know if marrying Meghan was good for him, or bad for him. And when it gets down to it, I don’t much care. But I suspect that giving up his royal privilege will prove to be a pivot point for him, for better or worse.

I’ve read different things about Meghan—some of them good and some of them bad. She should have seen the extreme adversity coming. I don’t think she gave herself enough time on the job, so to speak, before giving up.

But I don’t really care. I did not listen to the Oprah interview. These people have no importance to me, or to my life. I could be totally wrong in my thinking.

Old 03-08-2021, 01:25 PM

18,543 posts, read 18,794,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
I don't believe for one minute that she didn't know what she was getting into. She's an actress and one researches one's roles. What did she think when Harry said he was going to be introducing her to his grandmother? Did she expect a grannie in a house dress and fuzzy slippers baking chocolate chip cookies?

Not knowing the National Anthem? Not knowing protocol including how to curtsy? How anyone who hasn't lived in a cave, let alone someone who was already a celebrity (and who had lived, for years, in Canada where Queen Elizabeth II is sovereign) possibly not have a clue? Plus she's already media-savvy and had a website of her own. She wasn't a babe in the woods. She should have been prepared on so many levels.

She was ill-suited for the situation she finds herself in and I'm actually surprised (and a bit dismayed) that Harry pursued the relationship. I see a rocky future for both of them.

I do think, though, that Oprah did a good job with the interview. Watching her work was worth it.
The interview was well rehearsed and sorted before it hit the air... Oprah dropped everything to rush over here to London for a wedding ceremony not really knowing the couple.. so it mattered to her being involved and invited to a Royal wedding with damn all to do with Meghan who seem to think she was Oprah BF.. laughable isnt it.. apart from Suits Ms Markle would have faded into obscurity.. I read she wanted to come to England and be on Made in Chelsea.. but she got a little upmarket from the show grabbing herself a prince.... Meghan and Harry had a beautiful cottage so they werent living alongside other Royals closely so this rubbish about needed privacy away from the media is laughable.. Did you know that she inisisted on leaving the wedding reception early as she was bored..but Camilla said the couple couldnt leave as they were to recieve guests and Camilla pulled a face at Camilla as she walked away then giggled with her Candadian friend..Jessica Mulroney.. nice lady our Meghan.. no class just brass... I wonder if Jessica has been ghosted now too like her other friends and family...

Old 03-08-2021, 01:44 PM

15,219 posts, read 10,346,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Harry's great grand uncle who abdicated the throne for an American woman suffered dearly living on the good graces of others in America the way Harry is doing now. Edward VIII was the the King of England. The young fool doesn't learn. Oprah will close her doors when the wind blows the wrong way. It won't be long before we get to see Prince Harry on skid row and dumpster diving in LA.
His mother left him millions. Doubt he will ever be dumpster diving or on skid row. Plus he has a nice education. Where do some of you people come up with this stuff?

Old 03-08-2021, 01:46 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,578,440 times
I thought it was sad. Sad that two such privileged people would whine like children about their lives. I think Megan is in charge and I think Harry goes along with whatever she says.

I am also sick of hearing them say its about race. I don't like Megan and it has nothing to do with her race.

I am sick of hearing about both of them. Hope they go away soon.

Old 03-08-2021, 02:02 PM

18,543 posts, read 18,794,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I did,

I enjoyed it,

it was eye opening, and I like her.

I also like that she did not bad mouth anyone, and neiher did the Prince, certain things Oprah fished for and directly answered he said he didnt feel comfortaboe answering, and I like that about the both of them.
NOT bad mouthed who are you kidding.. shes a loose cannon and dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.