Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 06:14 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,746,093 times

Advertisements

I dont get the love for Arthur. To me every song sounds exactly the same. Also his being there means someone from this season isnt. For me that is Cassandra. For others it may be someone else. Either way it shouldnt be Arthur. He had his chance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2021, 08:46 AM

9,900 posts, read 7,792,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
My recap of last night. Disclaimer - I can't stand Disney anything.

Caleb - Can't stand this guy. Could you not even bother to put on decent clothes? Should have gone home.
Kind of like him, he's young and local, but others are better.
Willie - Good, but branch out a little. Agree.
Casey - Meh. Should could have also gone home and I wouldn't care.
She's turning into my favorite.
Chayce - My favorite. Kind of hope he doesn't win so he doesn't get the Idol curse.
He's just so-so to me, surprised he's still in.
Hunter - OK but he needs a lot more experience. He seems like a deer in headlights all the time. Yes!
Grace - She's good but it gets boring. She's very very good. Love every performance.
Alyssa - Got screwed!! She should have stayed.
Truth! Very surprised. I think she and Grace shared the same fans.
Cassandra - Needs more experience. It was her time to go.
I loved the uniqueness of her voice, maybe next year.
DeShawn - Also got screwed. I liked him too.

Arthur Gunn - I like him and thought he should have won last year. Last night was his best yet.
If he wins, that would be a travesty to this year's contestants.
My top two right now are Casey & Grace.

Old 05-09-2021, 08:02 PM

4,351 posts, read 4,735,497 times
Coldplay night. And songs for their mothers?

Watching Chris Martin work with the Idols makes me love him even more. It was very nice to hear that he is truly a nice guy.

Casey - Coldplay song did not suit her. I still feel meh about her. The Alanis Morissette song was much better suited for her but I really hate that song.

Chayce- He is my favorite and I would go pay money to see him today. The Coldplay song was very good. The original song was nice. It would be interesting to see what Shane McAnally would do with it.

Willie - Wow! He did total justice on “Yellow”. So good. The Joe Cocker song was not my favorite that he’s done.

Caleb - I still can’t stand this kid. He whined about not knowing any Coldplay songs and then sang it like he was bored or pissed off and then shrugged as he walked off. Original song was pretty good.

Arthur - The Coldplay song wasn’t my favorite song that he’s done. I didn’t get why he sang “Simple Man”.

Grace - THIS is what we’ve been waiting for from her. So lovely. “Fix You” is such a great song. And then on the Adele song she went right back to you being stilted and perfect.

Hunter - “Everglow” was one of his better performances. His original song was nice. He does have a distinctive voice.

I would send home Casey and Caleb.

Old 05-09-2021, 08:19 PM

18,075 posts, read 27,530,227 times
Pretty ok with tonight's results but Chayce, wow, wouldn't have been bummed to see him go several weeks ago.

I think Grace vs Willie, wife thinks Grace vs Casey.

Hunter, like the guy, but voice tone, not good enough for this group.

Old 05-09-2021, 10:21 PM

11,819 posts, read 12,070,293 times
I am thrilled with how things turned out tonight with the final five.

I’m not a huge fan of Caleb but his original song was great!

Old 05-12-2021, 10:43 AM

9,900 posts, read 7,792,897 times
I agree, Caleb is one heckuva songwriter! And I liked Chayce's mom song too.

I hope all 5 have great careers in the business, as well as some others that have already been eliminated.

I'm going to stick with Grace and Casey in the finals and Casey for the win.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:19 PM

So this happened:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/05/12/ameri...ideo-surfaces/

Quote:
Caleb Kennedy -- who was one of the final 5 contestants on this season of "American Idol" -- is no longer in the running to win after a video surfaced showing him sitting next to someone wearing a Klan-like hood.

The country singer just announced his departure from 'Idol' saying ... "Hey y'all, this is gonna be a bit of a surprise." He adds ... "There was a video that surfaced on the internet and it displayed actions that were not meant to be taken in that way."

Caleb claims the video is from when he was younger and he "did not think about the actions" ... but says that's no excuse. He's apologized to his fans and people he disappointed and says he's going to take time to better himself

Old 05-12-2021, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
This does not surprise me at all. I knew there was something off about him.

Old 05-12-2021, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
This does not surprise me at all. I knew there was something off about him.
And I just read online that they’ll stick with 4 contestants and only eliminate one on Sunday.

Old 05-13-2021, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
And I just read online that they’ll stick with 4 contestants and only eliminate one on Sunday.
That makes sense. If it’s as close of a vote as they said it was then bringing one of the three eliminated people back would not really be fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV