Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 05:38 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,437,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post

Coldplay night. And songs for their mothers?

Watching Chris Martin work with the Idols makes me love him even more. It was very nice to hear that he is truly a nice guy.
Can you believe I don't know a single Coldplay song, so all of this was new music to me? I know his ex is Gwyneth Paltrow, their daughters name is Apple, and for some reason, everybody makes fun of Coldplay songs, but I have no idea why. That said ...

Casey - Coldplay song did not suit her. I still feel meh about her. The Alanis Morissette song was much better suited for her but I really hate that song.

I simply don't think she knows who she is as a performer. She should've been doing the girl rocker thing in a big way all season, but she's only just figuring it out.

Chayce- He is my favorite and I would go pay money to see him today. The Coldplay song was very good. The original song was nice. It would be interesting to see what Shane McAnally would do with it.

I actually think that as female as the Idol audience is, he's probably the frontrunner right now despite others being a tich better than he is. But I like his performances and I wouldn't be mad if he won.

Willie - Wow! He did total justice on “Yellow”. So good. The Joe Cocker song was not my favorite that he’s done.

I felt the same about the Cocker song. I do think he's incredible, but if he wins and doesn't do something about his health, he'll just be another Ruben Studdard who won't be able to physically handle the grind of touring, and he'll end up in obscurity.

Caleb - I still can’t stand this kid. He whined about not knowing any Coldplay songs and then sang it like he was bored or pissed off and then shrugged as he walked off. Original song was pretty good.

I just think he's young and scared with no self confidence. He's an incredible songwriter though, and he'll write a lot of No. 1 Country songs for other performers for many years to come. IF people let him come back from this latest "scandal." (More on that below.)

Arthur - The Coldplay song wasn’t my favorite song that he’s done. I didn’t get why he sang “Simple Man”.

He was horrible and I'm glad he got sent packing.

Grace - THIS is what we’ve been waiting for from her. So lovely. “Fix You” is such a great song. And then on the Adele song she went right back to you being stilted and perfect.

I think she'll be in the Final Two, but I have no idea who she'll be up against. At first I'd have bet it would be Willie, but now I'm thinking Chayce.

Hunter - “Everglow” was one of his better performances. His original song was nice. He does have a distinctive voice.

He was good. He's not going to win though.

I would send home Casey and Caleb.

Since we now know Caleb is out, I'm thinking either Casey or Hunter goes home next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
For crying out loud. Caleb is still just a child himself, and had to have been practically a baby whenever this happened. And he wasn't the one wearing a hood, someone else was. So now we're canceling children for being racist adjacent? This is beyond stupid. And FTR, I'm a left-wing Marxist, so my opinion has nothing to do with politics. He should not have lost this opportunity over an old video someone surfaced just to hurt him. I really hate this behavior. I don't like throwing people away unless they're truly malicious and evil, and clearly this kid is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2021, 08:59 PM

18,001 posts, read 27,450,890 times
"What do you know Mcdoggie ! You should be watching The Voice ! It's way better your old friend"

Yup sweetie~, you got that right.

American Idol Cancel Culture sucks.

I think Willie will win, but I ain't watching anymore.

When Caleb's album comes out, we will buy that, Morgan Wallen style.

Old 05-16-2021, 09:58 PM

18,001 posts, read 27,450,890 times
Chayce and Casey, love the duet near the end here. I'm too far behind on the show to worry about spoilers here... but I guess I should be careful.

I just have to say, the four of them are all pretty darned good, honestly, right?

Due to today's "Culture", don't see how it could go but one of two different ways.

We shall see, or hear as it may be.

Old 05-17-2021, 10:04 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,718,896 times
Chayce's original song was so good, and, #1 on the Apple country chart. Very happy with the final 3.

Old 05-17-2021, 05:02 PM

Caleb was 12 years old when that picture was taken according to Seacrest at the beginning of the show. I cannot believe they kicked out a 16-year-old kid for sitting next to the wrong guy when he was 12. Twelve. I'm appalled.

I think the right person went home, but at this point, it really doesn't matter who wins because they'll all have successful music careers.

I decided I'm rooting for Willie. No reason, I just like him.

Old 05-18-2021, 10:26 AM

9,850 posts, read 7,718,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

For crying out loud. Caleb is still just a child himself, and had to have been practically a baby whenever this happened. And he wasn't the one wearing a hood, someone else was. So now we're canceling children for being racist adjacent? This is beyond stupid. And FTR, I'm a left-wing Marxist, so my opinion has nothing to do with politics. He should not have lost this opportunity over an old video someone surfaced just to hurt him. I really hate this behavior. I don't like throwing people away unless they're truly malicious and evil, and clearly this kid is not.
I agree, he was a baby. I just hope he'll be able to work in the industry, he's quite a talented songwriter already.

Chayce has been growing on me, he's been amazing the past couple of weeks. I thought maybe it would be a Chayce and Casey final, I just love her unique voice and ability to do so many different types of music. Oh well.

Old 05-18-2021, 10:30 AM

11,788 posts, read 12,025,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I agree, he was a baby. I just hope he'll be able to work in the industry, he's quite a talented songwriter already.

Chayce has been growing on me, he's been amazing the past couple of weeks. I thought maybe it would be a Chayce and Casey final, I just love her unique voice and ability to do so many different types of music. Oh well.
I love Chayce, but since Willie has triple the followers on Instagram over Chayce and Grace, I wonder if the popularity contest will mean that Willie wins based on those numbers.

Old 05-18-2021, 10:36 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,599,549 times
I keep thinking that if Willie had been raised in a wealthy family he could have had voice lessons very early on and could have become a great, great opera singer.

Sans voice lessons ( I think, anyway) his breathing is incorrect when he sings, and he's kind of drooly, too. I don't like listening to him anymore.

What might have been is sad. He's probably going to win AI this year, though.

So glad that nasty country teen boy is gone; he was terrible.

Old 05-18-2021, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post

Chayce is so good. But have no fear, Casey will still put out music. Maybe Daughtry should reach out to mentor her on how to lose Idol and build an amazing music career anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post

I love Chayce, but since Willie has triple the followers on Instagram over Chayce and Grace, I wonder if the popularity contest will mean that Willie wins based on those numbers.
What if ― for the sake of argument ― Willie is more popular because more people like his singing over Chayce and Grace? It's not like "Vote for the Worst" is still around.

Old 05-18-2021, 07:21 PM

11,788 posts, read 12,025,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Chayce is so good. But have no fear, Casey will still put out music. Maybe Daughtry should reach out to mentor her on how to lose Idol and build an amazing music career anyway!

What if ― for the sake of argument ― Willie is more popular because more people like his singing over Chayce and Grace? It's not like "Vote for the Worst" is still around.
I loooooove Daughtry.

I really wonder if Instagram followers are a good indicator or not. Ultimately is it better to win, or not win and have more control over your career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV