Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2021, 01:33 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,329,750 times

Advertisements

Started and watched the new Netflix show about a group of superheroes wanting to pass the torch to the next generation, but there's a conflict between them. Man this was done really well! The Utopian is the leader of The Union (basically like a Justice League) who's team is getting older and they want to have their children and the younger heroes step up to take their place. The problem is The Utopian's old school values of the "no kill rule" clashes with the younger generation, who have noticed their enemies no longer play by the rules and are killing heroes left and right.

As always they shook things up and strayed a bit from the graphic novel, but this is a solid show. The subplot shows how the OGs got their powers and I love how everything ties in as each episodes progresses. The fight scenes and CGI were pretty decent. Netflix impressed me with this one! I hope it gets renewed, especially with that cliffhanger!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2021, 01:56 PM

22,960 posts, read 28,393,569 times
Haven't watched it yet. I read the first volume of the comic and didn't care for it. Mark Millar's stuff is very hit and miss with me, and JUPITER'S LEGACY was a miss.

Old 05-21-2021, 08:49 AM

6,461 posts, read 4,989,313 times
I really liked it. Josh Duhamel was excellent in the lead. The rest of the cast was great as well. CGI effects and fights were well done. I never read the source material but this adaptation was above average for me. The Boys is the gold standard for streaming super heroes IMHO. I hope they do a season 2. The Marvel Netflix group especially Daredevil, Jessica Jones (David Tennant serason), Luke Cage and the Punisher were written and acted better but this was definitely a must watch.

Old 05-21-2021, 02:27 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,346,745 times
I really liked it. The CGI was a bit obvious... in parts, but all in all, well executed. I look forward to season 2.

Old 05-21-2021, 02:45 PM

1,462 posts, read 981,651 times
So far so good for me. I have the last episode to watch and will do that tonight. If there is a season 2, I'll watch.

Old 05-21-2021, 04:31 PM

10,409 posts, read 6,987,223 times
I got excited when I saw the title!

Then I saw the pics in the 1st post. WTF.

I thought it was "Jupiter's Travels..."

[yodasvoice]Dismayed, I am.[/yodasvoice]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV