Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 10:31 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times

Advertisements

I watched a bit and don't really like it too much.
Maybe it was made for women only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2021, 11:39 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlandissf View Post
Has anyone seen this show? It is a Netflix one - guilty pleasure - lots of nudity, and poor writing and unrealistic situations. Perfect couple (white) in Greenwich Connecticut with tons of money and big house - wife is unfilled and has difficulty between superstar stud husband and stud ex boyfriend (fake Aussie accent and perfect body). It makes Melrose Place look intellectual - hard to believe they actually produced this junk but it is entertaining (8 episodes)
You mean the fake Aussie accent from this guy?

Quote:
Adam Demos is an Australian actor born May 24, 1985. He is best known for his role as Jake Taylor on the Netflix film Falling Inn Love, August Walker on the American television series Unreal and Brad in the Netflix series Sex/Life. Wikipedia

Old 07-11-2021, 11:52 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
Yes, the show is stupid but guess what? It's based on a book, and that book is a true-life experience. In the book, the writer journals about four ex-lovers (not just one) and, just like the series, her husband finds her journal and ups his game!

Now I was totally surprised to hear that, because I figured the only reason this series existed was to out-do Bridgerton (which BTW, I won't even care about now that the Duke's not coming back). And wow, out-do it did.

However, the plot really got old towards the end of the season (the constant back-and-forth). I haven't the slightest idea how we're supposed to be interested in Season 2, which looks like it's just gonna be a re-hash of Season 1.

Old 07-14-2021, 07:14 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,073,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySen View Post
...was it really that good??

I enjoyed it.
The characters were good looking...that always helps.

I guess it would be considered like a chick flick.

And, I could relate to some of it...from my youth.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:01 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Yes, the show is stupid but guess what? It's based on a book, and that book is a true-life experience. In the book, the writer journals about four ex-lovers (not just one) and, just like the series, her husband finds her journal and ups his game!

Now I was totally surprised to hear that, because I figured the only reason this series existed was to out-do Bridgerton (which BTW, I won't even care about now that the Duke's not coming back). And wow, out-do it did.

However, the plot really got old towards the end of the season (the constant back-and-forth). I haven't the slightest idea how we're supposed to be interested in Season 2, which looks like it's just gonna be a re-hash of Season 1.
You would hope in Season 2 they would somehow flip the plot. It can't be just another season where she continues to flip flop her emotions between the 2 guys.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:44 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlandissf View Post
Has anyone seen this show? It is a Netflix one - guilty pleasure - lots of nudity, and poor writing and unrealistic situations. Perfect couple (white) in Greenwich Connecticut with tons of money and big house - wife is unfilled and has difficulty between superstar stud husband and stud ex boyfriend (fake Aussie accent and perfect body). It makes Melrose Place look intellectual - hard to believe they actually produced this junk but it is entertaining (8 episodes)
I don't even pay attention to the Netflix trash shows like that one. I prefer some of the Korean shows, although some of these are starting to get trashy too. But there are a great number of Korean shows that my wife and I enjoy watching. Most of the trashy shows are produced in the West, however.

I have been spending more time watching some of the Asian shows at "viki.com" than Netflix, but I started watching a Korean show at Netflix titled, "You Are My Spring." It is sort of a thriller, with romance.

Other Korean shows I enjoyed watching at Netflix are as follows:

a. Night Of The Alhambra
b. The King
c. Vincenzo
d. Sisyphus
e. My Holo Love
f. Live UP To Your Name
g. It's OK to Not Be OK
h. Crash Landin On You
i. Voice
j. DoDoSolSol LaLaSol
k. The Uncanny Counter
l. One Spring Night
m. The K2
n. My Mister

There are a few other more Korean shows.

Old 08-07-2021, 09:33 PM

693 posts, read 1,502,385 times
I just binged all 8 episodes last night staying up till 8 am. It was so good I couldn't stop watching! I really hope Bille doesn't cheat with that loser ex-boyfriend, Brad. Bille was doing better with Cooper and trying to work things out. Why did Brad have to go to that book event for Sasha? I can't believe Cooper was willing to give up Billie to Brad. I hope Cooper doesn't have an affair with Francesca. If Sasha knew how bad Brad was why did she keep hooking up with him?

It will be interesting to see what season 2 is like. I hope the writers don't keep messing with Cooper and Billie. I want them to find some sort of happiness so they don't have to cheat.

Old 08-08-2021, 07:46 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Alright I’m in

Old 08-09-2021, 10:16 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,250 times
Kind of Sex and the City-ish but it lacks some of the humor and it needs to focus or round out the cast more... it's just too focused on the protagnist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV