Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 09:59 AM

2,152 posts, read 1,817,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I wonder if Britni, Claire, Sara Beth, Alyssa and Derek X have wondered if maybe there's an alliance that does not include white people?
Doubtful because the alliance is playing more than just a we stick together game. They have formed other alliances and have steered them so that most of their moves are seen as what the group wants. Each one of of the people you listed has a close relationship with a member of the cookout and they all probably think that if they go out their friend will avenge them. That is why Tiffany's plan of having their own personal pawn is brilliant. No one is going to be shocked if a pair like Hannah and Derick X get put up together or will be upset if the pawn gets voted out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 02:55 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,273,257 times
People say this season is boring, but things are about to change.

It seems like everybody is in alliances or has deals with everybody else, some real and some fake. They're at the point where they have to betray people. It won't be pretty. The Cookout may prevail, but they're going to have to go after each other.

I expect a bitter jury.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:56 PM

10,041 posts, read 9,541,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
There have been all white alliances in almost every season. Blacks have been targeted regularly and couldn't fight back because they didn't have the numbers. Now they have the numbers and are taking advantage of it. I don't see a problem. They're playing the game.
My issues aren’t with the players, but with the network. You know had a white group discussed whites sticking together in an alliance, the network would of had a fit.

Old 08-19-2021, 08:22 AM

10,041 posts, read 9,541,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I wonder if Britni, Claire, Sara Beth, Alyssa and Derek X have wondered if maybe there's an alliance that does not include white people?
Not sure but they should of figured out on day one what CBS was doing. I’ll say it if know one else will. CBS decided to label this the “woke” season.

Old 08-19-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
My issues aren’t with the players, but with the network. You know had a white group discussed whites sticking together in an alliance, the network would of had a fit.
But the vast majority of alliances that were formed at the beginning of a season were all something. Usually all white and male. There have be thoughts of all female alliances but they never seem to come together. Could you please point me to another 6 person alliance that was formed by the players in the first few weeks that weren't all white.

Old 08-19-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Not sure but they should of figured out on day one what CBS was doing. I’ll say it if know one else will. CBS decided to label this the “woke” season.
I won't consider it woke as much as committing to being closer to the actual nationwide diversity figures. CBS said that casts will be at least 50% minority and right now they make up about 43% of the US population.

If anything this will show them that they need to make more of an effort to diversify their minority cast

Old 08-19-2021, 02:25 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,550,521 times
i have no real problem with the 'Cookout' alliance, except - why isn't Derick X allowed in? Why no invite??? Soon the chef's will begin to turn on each other, and it won't be pretty. Kind of like Derick F in a speedo... Even though they'll soon turn, they did accomplish what was necessary, a Jury majority. Now one of them needs to make it to the end.

Old 08-19-2021, 05:07 PM

11,909 posts, read 5,882,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
I won't consider it woke as much as committing to being closer to the actual nationwide diversity figures. CBS said that casts will be at least 50% minority and right now they make up about 43% of the US population.

If anything this will show them that they need to make more of an effort to diversify their minority cast
It's definitely woke. Between your race and sexual preference - the push was on for being woke. I don't like any groupings as the stronger people or "cool kids" always vote out those less popular. The face that Xzavier and others aknowledged that the POC had to stay together is what has people upset.

Derek X is Asian but not included in the cook out. Alyssa is Mexican but was not included. The group is made up of blacks - 6 of 16 contestants when blacks account for 13% of the population.

Funny thing is - the majority of Americans don't even look at a person's color but their character. My favorites this year were Britini, both Dereks and Azah

Old 08-19-2021, 08:53 PM

693 posts, read 1,043,678 times
Quote:
I’ve watched every season except for one. There have been at least a few seasons when lines were clearly crossed. In almost every season there’s always been the token black, the token gay, etc. The difference with the cookout is that they are not alienating others. They’ve formed genuine friendships. That I can respect.

BTW, take a look at all the past season winners: https://www.goldderby.com/gallery/bi...5-andy-herron/

Old 08-20-2021, 03:27 AM

11,909 posts, read 5,882,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorgirl2007 View Post
I’ve watched every season except for one. There have been at least a few seasons when lines were clearly crossed. In almost every season there’s always been the token black, the token gay, etc. The difference with the cookout is that they are not alienating others. They’ve formed genuine friendships. That I can respect.

BTW, take a look at all the past season winners: https://www.goldderby.com/gallery/bi...5-andy-herron/
Yep - I see - BB Winners - Jun Song - Asian, Josh Martinez - Mexican and Sri Lanka heritage, Kaycee Clark - Philippino - but because they aren't black - they aren't considered POC.
Here it is in black and white - notice how far these POC got - because they didn't win says more about their gameplay or social connections than it does about the color of their skin.

Danielle Reyes - 2nd - BB3

Monica - 3rd - BB2

Jameka - 4th - BB8

Kalia - 5th - BB13

Marvin - 6th - BB5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV