Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 12:57 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,641,384 times

Advertisements

Both to me were disappointing for very different reasons. Supernatural ran for 15 seasons...around 326 episodes. And GOT ran 8 seasons

GOT last season was destroyed by those 2 moron showrunners who just wanted to end the series with a pathetic 6 episodes for the entire season, even though HBO wanted 10

Supernatural season 15 was stopped midseason because of covid and finished like 9 months later and the finale was rewritten that resulted in an almost universal dislike by the vast fandom.

Anyone have an opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 01:49 PM

10,513 posts, read 4,068,904 times
Right now, GOT. I honestly was not as invested in Supernatural as I was GOT and how the Night King was left to be nothing, Jon Snow ended up being nothing and Jaime didn't even kill his sister.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:10 PM

4,884 posts, read 5,022,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Right now, GOT. I honestly was not as invested in Supernatural as I was GOT and how the Night King was left to be nothing, Jon Snow ended up being nothing and Jaime didn't even kill his sister.
Having read GoT and there is no ending there. The series ending was bleh.
Watching Supernatural now on Netflix, up to S12, the Brit man of Letters was killed by his own people. If that helps. Please don't tell me I'm in for a big let down later.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:31 PM

508 posts, read 460,933 times
I watched both and am a huge fan of Supernatural. Season 15 felt and looked different. Sure, there were some fun cameos but it just didn't make up for the rest of the season. The fact they altered the final episode due to COVID was such a huge letdown, and I mean HUGE. I remember watching it and being angry, not sad, but angry. If they couldn't do the final episode like they wanted, then they should have waited and given the fans what they waited 15 yrs for. Now, I have a hard time watching reruns because of my disgust and disappointment. Sam and Dean, however, will always remain in my heart.

GOT, I watched but I never really got into it that much. Never understood the hype but it was at least entertaining to watch.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:05 AM

184 posts, read 106,268 times
Supernatural I could live with. Game of Thrones was a steaming pile.

Old 09-06-2021, 03:20 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,027,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Please don't tell me I'm in for a big let down later.

I thought the series ending was pretty good, all things considered, and we've watched it from the very first episode back when it started.

Old 09-06-2021, 04:27 PM

7,251 posts, read 7,096,061 times
GOT.

Although SPN was dreadful after season 10.

GOT had to guess how things could end and didn't do well. At least SPN wrapped up as many loose ends as it could considering it was the middle of covid.

Old 09-07-2021, 02:37 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,641,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mila123 View Post
I watched both and am a huge fan of Supernatural. Season 15 felt and looked different. Sure, there were some fun cameos but it just didn't make up for the rest of the season. The fact they altered the final episode due to COVID was such a huge letdown, and I mean HUGE. I remember watching it and being angry, not sad, but angry. If they couldn't do the final episode like they wanted, then they should have waited and given the fans what they waited 15 yrs for. Now, I have a hard time watching reruns because of my disgust and disappointment. Sam and Dean, however, will always remain in my heart.

GOT, I watched but I never really got into it that much. Never understood the hype but it was at least entertaining to watch.
Thank you!
I feel the same way. The only thing I cant put my finger is on why. Why is it so offensive to me that season 15 was such a colossal let down.
Spoiler
Was it because Chuck/God was such a petulant man baby?

Amara being useless?
something else?

Old 09-16-2021, 12:04 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,409,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mila123 View Post

It would be nice if SPN would reshoot the finale to what it was supposed to have been pre-covid.

They could have ended with the penultimate episode where they did the montage of the boys at the end and they lived happily ever after. But they had to ruin it in the finale by killing Dean and putting Sam in that bad wig .

Sorry, I never watched GOT so I can’t compare.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:28 AM

22,934 posts, read 28,318,079 times
I was never able to watch SUPERNATURAL. Every time I tried, I would start giggling at the leaps in logic and horrible dialogue and my kids would kick me out of the room. "You're ruining it for us!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV