Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2022, 08:50 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,314,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Hard to predict how this will happen. I suspect that Saul won't have any interaction with Walt and Jesse. You remember from BB that Walt didn't know anything about Saul until Jesse told him he needed him.

https://youtu.be/jvlEqAjg8aU
I wonder if it will be in the form of a flash forward that gives some context to something happening in season 6. It could just be a simple cameo like one of the two of them being in the background of a scene, but that would seem a little cheap and out of character for the show.

I'm almost finished with season 2 in a rewatch and I forgot how much I enjoyed it the first time around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2022, 09:46 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,646,068 times
Yes, we just finished rewatching Season 5. I know that everyone's interested in what happens with Kim (so are we), but it's also quite striking that she is also not a good person.

Old 04-15-2022, 10:25 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
Quote:
Yes, we just finished rewatching Season 5. I know that everyone's interested in what happens with Kim (so are we), but it's also quite striking that she is also not a good person.
I think that's a bit overly simplistic. The thing about both BREAKING BAD and BETTER CALL SAUL: These are not stories about good guys in white hats and evil villains in black hats. The good guys aren't always so good. The bad guys aren't always all bad. I think Kim is basically a good person who has made some very bad choices at times.

BREAKING BAD was essentially about how a decent, boring guy became a true monster.

BETTER CALL SAUL is actually more complex. Jimmy was not a decent guy at all. He was a lovable miscreant, who actually tries to become a good guy. And the main reason he keeps failing is that the supposedly "good" people in his life (who aren't really good, but only want to appear to be good), keep dragging him down. Kim is actually the one good person in his life who believes in him, and tragically, he seems to be dragging her down into his mess.

The ultimate point of both shows is a great one: Good and evil aren't intrinsic. They are the result of the choices we make. If a good person does enough bad things, when does that person cease to be good? Can that person be redeemed? If a bad person does bad things for good reasons, or if a bad person does enough good things, then is that person truly bad?

Old 04-15-2022, 02:40 PM

157 posts, read 79,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I think that's a bit overly simplistic. The thing about both BREAKING BAD and BETTER CALL SAUL: These are not stories about good guys in white hats and evil villains in black hats. The good guys aren't always so good. The bad guys aren't always all bad. I think Kim is basically a good person who has made some very bad choices at times.

BREAKING BAD was essentially about how a decent, boring guy became a true monster.

BETTER CALL SAUL is actually more complex. Jimmy was not a decent guy at all. He was a lovable miscreant, who actually tries to become a good guy. And the main reason he keeps failing is that the supposedly "good" people in his life (who aren't really good, but only want to appear to be good), keep dragging him down. Kim is actually the one good person in his life who believes in him, and tragically, he seems to be dragging her down into his mess.

The ultimate point of both shows is a great one: Good and evil aren't intrinsic. They are the result of the choices we make. If a good person does enough bad things, when does that person cease to be good? Can that person be redeemed? If a bad person does bad things for good reasons, or if a bad person does enough good things, then is that person truly bad?
Do you do one of those YouTube videos predicting what season 6 will bring?

The stuff you posted sound like some of their analysis.

Old 04-15-2022, 02:50 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,539,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BhoThree View Post
Do you do one of those YouTube videos predicting what season 6 will bring?

The stuff you posted sound like some of their analysis.
Mark has Amazing insight on a lot of good shows. I would watch or read anything he puts out

Old 04-15-2022, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

I think that's a reasonable point, up until the bolded language above, and that's what I think people miss about Kim. Sure, she was a solid worker at the firm at the very beginning, but she really got into cheating that guy at the hotel when she went there with Jimmy. I get that she was doing it for the thrill, but the top of the tequila (?) bottle was almost the only thing she took with her when she left Davis and Main, indicating how important it was to her.

She was also the one who wanted (and maybe still wants) to actually destroy Howard. We'll see how that plays out this season.

In other words, not a good person. Everyone has their reasons, but clearly not a good person.

Also, as a lawyer for over forty years, these are two people who have no business ever practicing law. Even their minor lies, deceptions, and indiscretions should result in their losing their licenses, to say nothing of how embedded in the business of the cartel and Walt Jimmy gets in Breaking Bad.

Old 04-16-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
I think that's a reasonable point, up until the bolded language above, and that's what I think people miss about Kim. Sure, she was a solid worker at the firm at the very beginning, but she really got into cheating that guy at the hotel when she went there with Jimmy. I get that she was doing it for the thrill, but the top of the tequila (?) bottle was almost the only thing she took with her when she left Davis and Main, indicating how important it was to her.

She was also the one who wanted (and maybe still wants) to actually destroy Howard. We'll see how that plays out this season.

In other words, not a good person. Everyone has their reasons, but clearly not a good person.

Also, as a lawyer for over forty years, these are two people who have no business ever practicing law. Even their minor lies, deceptions, and indiscretions should result in their losing their licenses, to say nothing of how embedded in the business of the cartel and Walt Jimmy gets in Breaking Bad.
I thought it was Jimmy that left Davis & Main and Kim left Schwiekert & Cokeley (sp?) - ??

Can something really bad happen to that CEO of Mesa Verde Bank guy? Just for laughs?

Old 04-16-2022, 02:26 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,314,226 times
Jimmy left D&M and Kim left HHM to start their practice together. Kim had an offer from S&C but turned it down.

Old 04-17-2022, 09:34 AM

Right, got the firm names wrong.

Old 04-17-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
Jimmy left D&M and Kim left HHM to start their practice together. Kim had an offer from S&C but turned it down.
I think she did work for S&C. Remember when she spoke that little schewikert guy out in front of his receptionist? Then had to kiss butt and apologize the next day? The party Schweikert threw when Jimmy tried to talk him into taking his entire firm to Aspen?

Then she quit to do pro bono legal work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV