Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 04:19 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times

Advertisements

It airs wed at 9 pm on fox . We watched last night and it was good . It has a stellar cast . Peter Kraus , connie britton , angela bassett and another anisha hinds . It was excellent and believable with some of the cases . I really liked it and was wondering if anyone else watched it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 08:22 AM

23,020 posts, read 34,397,699 times
I watched it because I love Peter Kraus, but it did not hold my interest. I'll give it another try next week.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:49 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,078,504 times
I watched and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Since it was about 911 calls I expected it to be a very serious show but it seemed to be all over the place. You saw the 911 responses and then some family issues thrown in and then some things that were just ridiculous like that guy using the fire truck to meet up with women.

I read some reviews and critics are bashing the show and wondering why some of these respected actors agreed to be on the show.

Sometimes you need to watch more than one episode of a show before it seems worth watching. I'll watch next week and see what happens.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:33 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
I watched and generally liked it. Wasn't too thrilled with the male nymphomaniac but it's tv.

I knew the face was familiar but didn't realize that was Mariette Hartley until the opening credits! She still has that voice. I just loved those Polaroid commercials with her and James Garner.

Connie Britton does angst so well! Wish she would brush her hair though.

Don't know who Peter Kraus is but he is a looker!

I could see all of those stories happening. People are stupid and the others suck.

Glad it follows The X-Files. Phooey on what the critics said. The only unbelievable part was the horny ff.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:06 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,603,547 times
Recorded, but haven't watched yet.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:01 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I watched and generally liked it. Wasn't too thrilled with the male nymphomaniac but it's tv.

I knew the face was familiar but didn't realize that was Mariette Hartley until the opening credits! She still has that voice. I just loved those Polaroid commercials with her and James Garner.

Connie Britton does angst so well! Wish she would brush her hair though.

I could see all of those stories happening. People are stupid and the others suck.

Glad it follows The X-Files. Phooey on what the critics said. The only unbelievable part was the horny ff.

Yep totally agree I generally liked it as well and I could see all of that happening . I told my husband I once lived in a trailer park when I was single and no kids and the management found a newborn baby still born they thought in the one of the septic systems when it cracked open . The news people were all over the place I had to go out the back entrance to get to work . They eventually found out whose infant it was and they could not do much she was only 14 and her dad was a real donkey if you know what I mean . But yeah I could see the baby and pipe thing.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:29 PM

23,471 posts, read 44,121,361 times
I did watch it and found it enjoyable. Connie Britton is easy to like in whatever she plays, I've been crushing on Peter Krause ever since Six Feet Under and Angela Bassett is always compelling. You could sense Murphy/Falchuk's hand in the production pretty early on with all the quirky s/ls...gay husbands, babies in the plumbing, etc.
Could prove to be interesting.
Did anyone else recognize Connie Britton's ailing mother as Mariette Hartley from the old Polaroid commercials with James Garner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8u0x0Vpy2k

Old 01-04-2018, 05:00 PM

23,020 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
I did watch it and found it enjoyable. Connie Britton is easy to like in whatever she plays, I've been crushing on Peter Krause ever since Six Feet Under and Angela Bassett is always compelling. You could sense Murphy/Falchuk's hand in the production pretty early on with all the quirky s/ls...gay husbands, babies in the plumbing, etc.
Could prove to be interesting.
Did anyone else recognize Connie Britton's ailing mother as Mariette Hartley from the old Polaroid commercials with James Garner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8u0x0Vpy2k
Wow I knew she looked familiar but I didn't recognize her!

Old 01-04-2018, 05:38 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,736,186 times
I tuned in because of the cast. (With that cast, you have to give it a try, I feel!)
Tammy Taylor, Adam Braverman, and I don't identify Angela Bassett as a particular character. Maybe Tina Turner for fun Oh, and C-Note.

I was disappointed, but I will give it time. It wasn't terrible, I just expected something else.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:34 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,238,679 times
I thought it was decent for a pilot. We'll see if it can hold for another episode or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

The sex-addicted guy was the biggest turnoff. The scene where he steals the firetruck to get a girl was ridiculous. I came >< this close to deleting the recording right then. He could be one of those characters that you hate so much you stop watching a show. We'll see where the writers go with him.

Peter Krause is a great actor. He's been in Sports Night, Six Feet Under and Parenthood. Especially recommend watching him in Sports Night if you get a chance.

modcut

Last edited by Beretta; 01-06-2018 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: quoted post deleted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV