Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2023, 10:09 AM

509 posts, read 204,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
#3 Buck Rogers....Plot to Kill a City. Generally a good play of this two parter, good spy cover stories, and that tidbit about Dr. Strange....or was it Captain Pike?
Guest-starring the gorgeous Markie Post!

Attached Thumbnails
Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, Star Trek, Battlestar Gallatica?-buckrogersinthe25thcentury-markieandgil.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2023, 10:38 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,077,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiffuseGlow View Post
Guest-starring the gorgeous Markie Post!
My Father commented, it may even have been this episode, when looking at Erin of how she had been poured into her costume. On Buck Rogers, they tended to do that with the guest actresses.

C'est la vie! That's TV of then, beautiful babes, and as Marianna Hill in ST:TOS "Dagger in the Mind" proved the Dempsey & Makepeace line of "Hey (Makepeace), if you want an academy award, you should've landed on your back.".

Old 08-18-2023, 10:55 AM

509 posts, read 204,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
My Father commented, it may even have been this episode, when looking at Erin of how she had been poured into her costume. On Buck Rogers, they tended to do that with the guest actresses.

C'est la vie! That's TV of then, beautiful babes, and as Marianna Hill in ST:TOS "Dagger in the Mind" proved the Dempsey & Makepeace line of "Hey (Makepeace), if you want an academy award, you should've landed on your back.".
The wardrobe design got top marks all-around, where the first season was concerned.

In the second season, they stuck Erin in a costume more appropriate for anime. But most of that season is tragically bad television, anyway.

Old 08-18-2023, 11:12 AM

17,375 posts, read 11,346,119 times
Favorite has always been Star Trek original. The best episode for me is "Who Mourns for Adonis" because it explored the theory, I believe for the first time, that Greek and Roman gods, were really space beings that came down to earth and were worshiped by people. The Enterprise encountered Apollo being the last of those gods. The episode is a rather sad one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6m6eUpFcnQ

Old 08-18-2023, 11:19 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,077,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Favorite has always been Star Trek original. The best episode for me is "Who Mourns for Adonis" because it explored the theory, I believe for the first time, that Greek and Roman gods, were really space beings that came down to earth and were worshiped by people. The Enterprise encountered Apollo being the last of those gods. The episode is a rather sad one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6m6eUpFcnQ
Love that scene......but not the reimaged stuff. But love that scene because.....Spock being so calm while taking fire from shore batteries.

Old 08-20-2023, 07:30 PM

33,348 posts, read 26,570,613 times
Star Trek. As far as the original series goes, my favorite episodes are the ones that were set here on earth.

Tomorrow is Yesterday,
City on the Edge of Forever,
Assignment: Earth.

Old 08-23-2023, 04:27 PM

191 posts, read 314,300 times
Original Battlestar Galactica. Episodes: The Living Legend, The Man With Nine Lives, Murder On the Rising Star, and Hand of God.

Buck Rogers, first season, all episodes with Pricness Ardala. I was in my early teens when that show was on.

Old 08-24-2023, 05:35 AM

3,755 posts, read 2,587,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blickcd View Post
Original Battlestar Galactica. Episodes: The Living Legend, The Man With Nine Lives, Murder On the Rising Star, and Hand of God..
Do you (et al) remember when Battlestar Galactica tried making a comeback as 'Galactica 1980'?
They landed on Earth, and it was a really good string of episodes, but folded up pretty quickly.

I've read that those '1980' episodes were rebranded and just packaged as regular Battlestar Galactica episodes for syndication..

Old 08-24-2023, 05:51 AM

12,411 posts, read 8,204,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Do you (et al) remember when Battlestar Galactica tried making a comeback as 'Galactica 1980'?
They landed on Earth, and it was a really good string of episodes, but folded up pretty quickly.

I've read that those '1980' episodes were rebranded and just packaged as regular Battlestar Galactica episodes for syndication..
I can't say that I remember a string of good episodes from Galactica 1980 but what else was out there in the genre. Buck Rodgers also had a soft reboot for the worst. I could barely get a distorted picture Blake's 7 from a far out PBS station as my local one didn't carry it.

Old 08-24-2023, 06:58 AM

191 posts, read 314,300 times
I remember the Battlestar Galactica 1980 but didn't think it was as good. I seem to remember it didn't last a full season, and the reason the show was cancelled was due to the high production costs.

While I am sure the original series cost a fortune to create back in the day, they got their moneys worth. A classic series fondly remembered by many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV