Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2014, 09:06 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,164,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Ever notice all the "actors" who never say anything? They can be waiters, messengers, cops standing around and other people. As long as they don't have lines they don't have to be paid the union scale. Sometimes it would be so natural for one of them to say something like "Thank you" or You're Welcome " or even "OK" but that would cost money. And if you do see a one time character with only a few words or sentences these are reporters, weathermen, etc from TV stations all over the country who are sent to cover a soap or soap star and they are already members of the union.
I always did find it weird that the people that were the walk-ons in the role of policeman, nurse, waitress, etc. for only a few seconds never said thank you, or bothered with manners and seemed very rude at times. They don't even have eye contact sometimes. They are there, but were like moving props. Now I know the show was just trying to get around union scale. I hear the birds chirping "cheap, cheap..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 08:58 AM

43,674 posts, read 44,425,236 times
Quote:
They don't have to pay as much for individual body parts on air!
Perhaps they use hand models for that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
About Phyllis and the big secret.... One thing that Genoans seem to forget is that she may not remember anything, or only little bits... She's been in a coma for over a year! Moreover, maybe many people won't believe her, saying she is confused after all that time. She can't just open her eyes and start behaving as if nothing had ever happened!
That sounds very realistic in real life but this is a soap opera where I assume she will remember immediately what Sharon did!

Old 08-05-2014, 04:11 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,800,655 times
I don't like the "new" Lily - childish and vindictive, seems like her hubby is feeling the same way.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:32 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,899,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
About Phyllis and the big secret.... One thing that Genoans seem to forget is that she may not remember anything, or only little bits... She's been in a coma for over a year! Moreover, maybe many people won't believe her, saying she is confused after all that time. She can't just open her eyes and start behaving as if nothing had ever happened!
Is there going to be a new Phyllis? I heard Michelle Stafford is now on GH.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:51 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,108,088 times
yes

Old 08-05-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
yes
Why isn't Michelle there anymore?

Old 08-05-2014, 07:33 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,324,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Why isn't Michelle there anymore?
She wanted to do different things. As an actor, playing the same character for ever can feel less challenging.
Phyllis is now going to be portrayed by Gina Tognoni, first air date next week from what I heard.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:13 AM

Any indication that Kevin is going to become gay, his boyfriend a cop named Mark Harding? Greg Rikaart wouldn't mind if it happens. Is there any foreshadowing of this in current episodes?

Out soap actor would be happy if his character on The Young and the Restless was gay too | Gay Star News

Old 08-08-2014, 01:39 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,108,088 times
No way. They are setting up a romance between Mariah and Kevin. that was obvious from the little encounter in the coffee shop.

And besides people don't become gay. They are born that way and while some get married and have kids to try "to fit into society better" that hardly seems necessary today. But a same sex relationship would be in order on Y&R. But I think it would have to be new characters or bring back Roul the lawyer Adam manipulated a few years ago.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:50 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,164,638 times
Default Mariah and Kevin

Quote:
No way. They are setting up a romance between Mariah and Kevin. that was obvious from the little encounter in the coffee shop.

And besides people don't become gay. They are born that way and while some get married and have kids to try "to fit into society better" that hardly seems necessary today. But a same sex relationship would be in order on Y&R. But I think it would have to be new characters or bring back Roul the lawyer Adam manipulated a few years ago.
I also got the sense they were setting up a romance between Mariah and Kevin. The running into each other is not an original way of future lovers meeting. I hope they bring Roul back, too - I liked him and the guy that played him was a very good actor and they should use him again if they want to have a good gay storyline on Y&R. On Days, I think they have a strong gay storyline between two men, but I haven't watched Days in long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV