Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 05:39 AM

43,695 posts, read 44,435,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I guess kristoff just never got over losing his son
Why would he have gotten over it? it was probably with him on a daily basis.

I wonder how they are going to write him out of Y&R as I assume they won't just replace him with another actor for his character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 06:38 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post

I wonder how they are going to write him out of Y&R as I assume they won't just replace him with another actor for his character.
Neal,(Kristoff) would be very hard to replace. I have admired him, sexy, smart, man. He always seemed like a calming force. The last time I saw him on the show, he was putting Cane, in his place.

Neal will be greatly missed. I wonder if they will have a memorial, on the show. Sad, sad, sad.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:51 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post

oh my God I so did not mean it in that way ,,, Im sure it was with him on a daily basis and I was just saying that some people know you must continue to move forward in life despite loses and deaths I guess some people never can move forward . I know I had to after a horrible attack on my person and the death of a spouse at age 31 . That is what I was saying sorry you took it that way .

Old 02-05-2019, 07:01 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
So sad...Kristoff St. John found dead

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/04/krist...-the-restless/
I used to watch Young and the Restless in the mid 80's for a few years when my grandmother lived with us. She always had to watch her "stories". I remember Kristoff St. John very well as Neil. So sad that he died so young.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:36 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,714,281 times
Really saddened to learn of the death of Mr. St John. What a great actor. Just saw him in a cute lifetime or hallmark movie not long ago. I read he was struggling with depression over the death of his son. Some just never recover after losing a child, no matter if they're infants or grown ups. It's just not supposed to be that way. It was especially sad today since taping of the show is about six weeks behind and he was on the show today. He will be missed.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:02 PM

8,630 posts, read 10,159,573 times
Kristoff's final episode as Neil will air tomorrow, 2/6.

In addition, Y&R will air a special tribute to St. John during Friday’s February 8th episode.

Old 02-06-2019, 01:16 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,789,447 times
A very close friend of mine is going through the same emotional heartbreak of the loss of her 2nd oldest child to suicide from 16 months ago. I really liked Kristoff St. John as an actor and I too am saddened by his loss. I am assuming it will be ruled a suicide or an overdose, though so far all I've heard is 'alcohol' tossed out. I can't help but wonder if Mal Young somehow made the situation worse for KSJ by the way he treated so many of the actors on Y&R. Maybe he was trying to get rid of KSJ before he got the boot himself??? I know that Eric Braden aka Victor Newman, has come out and said that Mal was trying to push him out.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:30 AM

43,695 posts, read 44,435,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
oh my God I so did not mean it in that way ,,, Im sure it was with him on a daily basis and I was just saying that some people know you must continue to move forward in life despite loses and deaths I guess some people never can move forward . I know I had to after a horrible attack on my person and the death of a spouse at age 31 . That is what I was saying sorry you took it that way .
I am sorry about what happened to you. As you know everyone handles grief differently and not everyone really moved forward as ideally as some people assume would happen.

Quote:
Kristoff's final episode as Neil will air tomorrow, 2/6.

In addition, Y&R will air a special tribute to St. John during Friday’s February 8th episode.
I am glad a tribute is planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
A very close friend of mine is going through the same emotional heartbreak of the loss of her 2nd oldest child to suicide from 16 months ago. I really liked Kristoff St. John as an actor and I too am saddened by his loss. I am assuming it will be ruled a suicide or an overdose, though so far all I've heard is 'alcohol' tossed out.
According the news reports that I read it was an overdose.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:08 AM

8,630 posts, read 10,159,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
A very close friend of mine is going through the same emotional heartbreak of the loss of her 2nd oldest child to suicide from 16 months ago. I really liked Kristoff St. John as an actor and I too am saddened by his loss. I am assuming it will be ruled a suicide or an overdose, though so far all I've heard is 'alcohol' tossed out. I can't help but wonder if Mal Young somehow made the situation worse for KSJ by the way he treated so many of the actors on Y&R. Maybe he was trying to get rid of KSJ before he got the boot himself??? I know that Eric Braden aka Victor Newman, has come out and said that Mal was trying to push him out.
Although the situations are different, this reminds me of Jill Farren Phelps and the Anna Lee (Lila) firing.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:28 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,165,845 times
Quote:
Although the situations are different, this reminds me of Jill Farren Phelps and the Anna Lee (Lila) firing.
I can't imagine Y&R without Victor, I really can't but there are ways of pushing out people by having the writers move away from that character so that character is diminished, it's like an insidious thing where the fans won't even notice for a while. Oh, I remember Anna Lee's firing - how heartless some people are capable of being.

I just saw an interview with Eric Braeden on youtube, it was a very emotional one, speaking about his friend Kristoff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV