Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 10:03 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,930,045 times

Advertisements

Hate them all, and have never intentionally watched a full episode of any....except the Kardashians...if that counts, cause kim is too hot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 08:05 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,264,745 times
I hate them all and have never watched any except for Survivor which is ok.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:03 PM

350 posts, read 1,119,776 times
I like American Idol, Nanny 911 (although if I was Nanny I'd be kickin' some parents *ss along with their kids a**es). Hate Rock of Love and can't believe their going for a 3rd. I like Ice Road Truckers and Deadliest Catch, but just don't get people airing their dirty laundry on TV, like the Kardashians... whats up with that? Who cares? and that Tia Tequila (???) Big Brother??? all the whispering and coniving...don't get it. People are cheapening themselves.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:02 AM

517 posts, read 1,969,188 times
I think the whole reality thing is getting "old". I remember when tv consisted only of dramas and sitcoms. There are hardly any sitcoms anymore! Eventually, the pendulum will swing again and something will replace all these reality shows and we'll just be left with a few (hopefully just the good ones!)

Old 01-23-2009, 07:35 PM

838 posts, read 1,881,957 times
My son and I started watching the very first Survivor episode. It was mildly interesting; the physically challenges were different. Then they went to the circle in the woods, and the first thing the host said was "This is sacred ground". My son & I looked at each other, changed the channel, and we haven't watched any so-called reality show since.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:24 AM

958 posts, read 2,138,253 times
I don't mind them so much. What I am tired of is those shows with judges have to have at least one snotty Brit on the panel. It started with Simon on American Idol now it seems you can't have a show without one.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:42 PM

124 posts, read 309,923 times
They were alright when they first started, and just went downhill. Like, I'll still watch The Amazing Race. It's always creative and different.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:27 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,419,334 times
I like some reality shows but the ones where the viewers vote annoy me because it turns it into a popularity contest. Right now the only shows like that I really watch are So You Think You Can Dance and America's Next Best Dance Crew. I do enjoy some of the home shows like Clean House or Flip This House but I don't consider those reality shows. I tried watching Baldwin Hills once but it thoroughly aggravated me

Old 02-03-2009, 03:17 PM

91 posts, read 226,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
I don't mind them so much. What I am tired of is those shows with judges have to have at least one snotty Brit on the panel. It started with Simon on American Idol now it seems you can't have a show without one.
I think Simon saw how popular Anne Robinson (The Weakest Link) was and figured HE'D be the perfect male counterpart.

To me, the reality shows are like infomercials.... if you tune in, it's hard to change the channel sometimes & you end up hooked. I try to avoid them like the plague. lol

The only reality show that I think is worthwhile & watch regularly is "Intervention." Some of the others are entertaining & I'll watch them once in a while but way too many are pure garbage. The studios are so lazy & cheap now, they'll pass ANYTHING off as entertainment these days.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:03 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,755,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn_Guyland_Mom View Post
I think Simon saw how popular Anne Robinson (The Weakest Link) was and figured HE'D be the perfect male counterpart.
I would take Anne over Simon any old day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV