Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 02:17 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,641,217 times

Advertisements

The bus episode was really stretching the premise of the show. Plus, how did they get to the pie place in 5 minutes? Doesn't even make any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 02:39 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,828,649 times
the Office used to be my favorite. Started losing interest when Jim and Pam had the baby. Their appeal was just lost. Nothing there to tickle you anymore.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
the Office used to be my favorite. Started losing interest when Jim and Pam had the baby. Their appeal was just lost. Nothing there to tickle you anymore.
Other than Rainn Wilson, I don't see any of them having careers outside this show. So they probably wanted to drag it out as long as possible.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:45 PM

5,985 posts, read 13,149,816 times
I was/is a huge fan of "the Office" but I really lost interest with the eighth season.

Now however I am giving it a second chance, I mean it is their last hurrah (last season).

It just seemed that they were really flailing figuring out where to go next when Steve Carell left, like they were just all over the map with the show, and thought they had no direction.

But then I thought, maybe in the real world with such a major change as Michael Scott leaving, maybe it would just make sense that things would chaotic for a while.

It seems like they are getting back to their roots in this last season.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:57 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,087,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Other than Rainn Wilson, I don't see any of them having careers outside this show. So they probably wanted to drag it out as long as possible.

The woman who played Jan already has a new show on TBS.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
I was/is a huge fan of "the Office" but I really lost interest with the eighth season.

Now however I am giving it a second chance, I mean it is their last hurrah (last season).

It just seemed that they were really flailing figuring out where to go next when Steve Carell left, like they were just all over the map with the show, and thought they had no direction.

But then I thought, maybe in the real world with such a major change as Michael Scott leaving, maybe it would just make sense that things would chaotic for a while.

True.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:38 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,745,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Wow, I can't even locate the Office thread on the TV board anymore to comment on new episodes. Well JAN made a guest appearance last night and wanted to know if anyone saw the episode?

I never seen that show. To me it was one of those 'bandwagon' shows where people watched it at the time b/c it was 'cool' to watch a nerdy show like that. Not saying everyone but that was the vibe I got....Now that nobody's watching it, seems so.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,087,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I never seen that show. To me it was one of those 'bandwagon' shows where people watched it at the time b/c it was 'cool' to watch a nerdy show like that. Not saying everyone but that was the vibe I got....Now that nobody's watching it, seems so.

When I think of Bandwagon shows I think of

Modern Family

Old 11-17-2012, 08:16 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,778,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The woman who played Jan already has a new show on TBS.
Every actor on the show has had and continues to have a thriving career outside, "The Office" on TV, on stage and on the big screen!

Old 11-17-2012, 11:24 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,175,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post

I always though that Carell was all over the map, right from the beginning.

Am I alone in thinking him the least talented actor to become a star since this century began?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV