Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 12:00 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,175,770 times

Advertisements

hm......I ws expecting to be really excited and "into" the new season but it fell flat. Maybe I will get into it as the season goes on.
Anyone else notice that at times the filming looked different and the setting looked like they were on a stage settting and not actually on location??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 05:18 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,638,312 times
Post News, ‘Survivor’ sends two castaways home.

The tribe has spoken: The last person picked for a tribe was also the first person voted out. Michelle was sent home by Fang, who found her to be annoying — even though she finished the first challenge before any other woman.

'Survivor' sends two castaways home - Survivor - MSNBC.com

Old 09-26-2008, 08:57 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,991,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
hm......I ws expecting to be really excited and "into" the new season but it fell flat. Maybe I will get into it as the season goes on.
Anyone else notice that at times the filming looked different and the setting looked like they were on a stage settting and not actually on location??
It usually takes me a few episodes to really get into it. I don't dislike anyone yet!!

I think it looked different because it is filmed entirely in HD.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:49 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,925,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
The tribe has spoken: The last person picked for a tribe was also the first person voted out. Michelle was sent home by Fang, who found her to be annoying — even though she finished the first challenge before any other woman.

'Survivor' sends two castaways home - Survivor - MSNBC.com
Yeah, bad choice by Fang. They should have booted Jillian first. I don't care if you're old, but ya gotta be able to pull your weight, and for god's sake stop being so annoying. Sure, they booted her second, but if they'd kept Michelle they might not have lost again because it was damned close.

The players I'm liking so far are the young doctor (can't recall his name) and his gay admirer and the two women they've pulled into their foursome. If they can trust each other and stick together, they can do some real damage.

The woman that's the track and field gold medalist -- I was flabbergasted that she did so poorly on the opening competition! She was nearly the last one to get up the hill, what's up with that? I expected her to be way out front.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:32 AM

1,416 posts, read 5,604,708 times
My favorite so far is Bob, the 57-year-old handyman physics teacher! Love the way he converts his tribe buff into a bowtie, btw. And for some reason the headgear he made in the second half of the show made him look like an older Peter O'Toole 'Lawrence of Arabia' .... loved it.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:35 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,925,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyfrazzled View Post
My favorite so far is Bob, the 57-year-old handyman physics teacher! Love the way he converts his tribe buff into a bowtie, btw. And for some reason the headgear he made in the second half of the show made him look like an older Peter O'Toole 'Lawrence of Arabia' .... loved it.
Perhaps, but he'll only be around as long as his tribe keeps winning immunity. As soon as they lose, he's a goner.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:55 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,458,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Perhaps, but he'll only be around as long as his tribe keeps winning immunity. As soon as they lose, he's a goner.
Hmm, I don't know...I'm thinking they need someone with cerebral skills to get through the challenges that require brainwork, not brute force. He seems to be pretty good physically as well, esp. considering his age. I think they'll keep him on until at least the middle of the season. Or maybe I just hope they will, because he impressed me the most so far too.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:02 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,991,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Hmm, I don't know...I'm thinking they need someone with cerebral skills to get through the challenges that require brainwork, not brute force. He seems to be pretty good physically as well, esp. considering his age. I think they'll keep him on until at least the middle of the season. Or maybe I just hope they will, because he impressed me the most so far too.
I think you're right. He pulls his weight and provides the brainpower needed for some of the challenges. I think they'll keep him around for a while. They may not lose for a few more challenges anyhow!

Old 09-26-2008, 12:42 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,151,046 times
I noticed at the end of the 2-hour first episode last night that it was dedicated to the memory of someone....I think his name was Aaron Dupree? (I may have the name wrong.) Does anyone know who that was?

Old 09-26-2008, 02:07 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,458,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
I noticed at the end of the 2-hour first episode last night that it was dedicated to the memory of someone....I think his name was Aaron Dupree? (I may have the name wrong.) Does anyone know who that was?
It was Alton Desiree, and apparently he was a crew member who drowned:

Alton Desiree, Crew Of Survivor, Drowned | BrokenControllers.com

Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV