Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 02:15 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,148,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
It was Alton Desiree, and apparently he was a crew member who drowned:

Alton Desiree, Crew Of Survivor, Drowned | BrokenControllers.com

Sad.
No wonder I couldn't find any info about him....I was way off on the name - and since I didn't record it there was no way of double-checking.

Anyway, thanks for the link. It says he was on a set in Brazil...? They're currently in Gabon, so I wonder what that's all about? Perhaps the next season is underway already in Brazil...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 02:39 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
No wonder I couldn't find any info about him....I was way off on the name - and since I didn't record it there was no way of double-checking.

Anyway, thanks for the link. It says he was on a set in Brazil...? They're currently in Gabon, so I wonder what that's all about? Perhaps the next season is underway already in Brazil...?
Most likely, yes. I remembered the name from last night because of Alton Brown and I had a colleague named Desiree. Association so helps me retain things.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:57 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
Michelle needed to go first she was complaining already about how hard of time she was having with her bones on the ground and being very cold at night. When that tribe got fire at the tribal council we were screaming at the TV RedSoxFanGoingWest thinking of you!

Here is the deal that ticks me off this is S-U-R-V-I-V-O-R not "camp wanna have fun" they all need to earn the luxuries. I thought it was pretty cool of the guy to make a fishing hook out of his glasses so the tribe could fish! Now that is surviving folks!

Oh as far as the aged players don't count them out for life wisdom that none of the young bucks have yet. Just as the young players have the strength the older ones have thinking wisdom & work ethics needed to do daily camp stuff.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:55 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,148,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Michelle needed to go first she was complaining already about how hard of time she was having with her bones on the ground and being very cold at night. When that tribe got fire at the tribal council we were screaming at the TV RedSoxFanGoingWest thinking of you!

Here is the deal that ticks me off this is S-U-R-V-I-V-O-R not "camp wanna have fun" they all need to earn the luxuries. I thought it was pretty cool of the guy to make a fishing hook out of his glasses so the tribe could fish! Now that is surviving folks!
Exactly. Except that the name "Survivor" probably has more to do with who can "survive to the end of the game" as opposed to "who can really survive in a wilderness".

Nevertheless, I agree with the decision to vote off Michelle. When you go around complaining about being there, it makes me want to scream "THEN WHY THE HECK DID YOU SIGN UP TO BE ON THE SHOW!?!?!?"

Old 09-26-2008, 07:08 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,167,649 times
I just hope it's not going to be one-sided. Where one team dominates the whole season. It makes it too predictable and boring.

No favorites yet - Takes me a few episodes....

Old 09-26-2008, 10:51 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,016,642 times
I cann't believe that somone didn't think to use their glasses to start a fire. Didn't Yo-man do that?

Old 09-27-2008, 12:30 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,168,808 times
I can't believe the clothes some of these characters show up wearing!!

And yes, Yo-Man did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I cann't believe that somone didn't think to use their glasses to start a fire. Didn't Yo-man do that?

Old 09-27-2008, 12:32 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I just hope it's not going to be one-sided. Where one team dominates the whole season. It makes it too predictable and boring.

No favorites yet - Takes me a few episodes....
I find that really annoying too, when one team wins all the time because the other team is too stupid to realize they have to pull together.

And what is with these idiots showing up for the show in their freaking dresses? Was Survivor China the first time that they had to go with the clothes on their back? And that one chick had to run around in her filthy bra and underwear in half the challenges because she was wearing some flimsy dress? Ugh!

Now we've got one in a dress (yes the Olympian who couldn't get up the hill---and she didn't want to "out" herself as Olympian--HA) and another in underwear (well maybe that was Michelle, who is gone now) and a bunch of guys in underwear.

It's like, get a CLUE. You are going on Survivor, wear appropriate clothes right from jump, just in case.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:33 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I can't believe the clothes some of these characters show up wearing!!

And yes, Yo-Man did that.
Wow, you beat me to that comment by two minutes

Old 09-27-2008, 01:41 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,168,808 times
LOL.......great minds and all that jazz
How about the guy with the tie?? and he wore it to tribal council!! LMAO.......is that a first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
Wow, you beat me to that comment by two minutes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV