Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 10:52 AM

89 posts, read 268,453 times

Advertisements

Does anyone watch the show East Enders I have for years and think its a very good soap opera, anyone else on here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 01:26 PM

726 posts, read 2,268,659 times
Heard of it, but I've never seen it.
I would like to watch it though

Old 10-11-2008, 05:06 PM

750 posts, read 1,434,396 times
I really got into East Enders on BBC America a few years ago. They showed back-to-back episodes (I think a week's worth) on Saturdays, called "East Enders Omnibus". Just when thousands of viewers in the US got hooked on it, they suddenly stopped it. There was a big outcry, emails to BBCA, etc. All they said was that it was too expensive.

They replaced it with stale old reruns of the same, stale old reruns that they had shown for years. Endless DIY shows. Last I checked, they still do this. There are maybe 18 episodes of "How Clean is Your House" but BBCA has probably shown each episode 893 times.

I've spent time in England, and I've seen many British shows that I think Americans would love. They just don't show them to us. Too expensive?

Anyway, I pretty much stopped watching BBC America. I think it's still on my digital cable lineup, but re-runs of reruns of old shows don't interest me. There are many other channels. And books.

Last edited by jsqueezer; 10-11-2008 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: oops!

Old 10-12-2008, 11:06 AM

Default RE:EastEnders

I watch it every Friday night its on late from midnight till 1 its on PBS station (in the NYC area) its on channel 21, I watch 21 alot they have so many funny BBC shows

Old 10-12-2008, 11:07 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,738,199 times
It's my absolute fav! So much so that I ordered Canadian satellite when BBC America canceled it.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:55 AM

It's also one of my faves, its alot more like real life,not where everyone lives in a mansion and has tons of cash lol ,the only thing is that in England where it airs everyday, we are 5 years behind, I sometimes peek at the BBC Eastenders website to see whats going to happen in future episodes, but I really do enjoy it, What part is it up to where you are? Over here its all about Lil Moe, Trevor,and Sharons new club.

Last edited by LiSuffolkgal; 10-13-2008 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-10-2009, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,272 times
channel 463 dish network, all day ticket Thurs, 8-10 pm sun, $10 month.only few wks behind uk too! WE LOVE IT!!!

Old 05-25-2009, 11:29 AM

157 posts, read 574,340 times
I used to watch EE several years ago and was hooked. It used to be on a PBS station, but it was yanked. I contacted PBS, and an employee there told me that the episodes were expensive, as another poster mentioned.

I watch Corrie, too! We're behind the UK here in Canada, but I read updates on ITV's site and I also look at spoilers.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:06 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,851,661 times
I sometimes try to watch it on PBS but I have a difficult time getting into it. I might try to make another effort but I'm not sure it will stick with me. Footballers wives was a show that hooked me right away. I also like Torchwood. I would love if PBS would re air all those old Mr. Bean episodes. I loved those when I was a kid.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:44 PM

750 posts, read 1,434,396 times
Wow--- I hadn't realized it was last October when I posted about East Enders. I'm still angry at BBC America about that one.

Occasionally, BBCA shows something I'm interested in, like Last Restaurant Standing or Apprentice UK, but mostly I just ignore it. Reruns of reruns.

I got into watching Hotel Inspector, but the schedule they've set up is just crazy. I tried using the ATT Uverse guide to set up the DVR to record the episodes, but the descriptions are usually wrong and I end up recording the same episode 5 times (because BBC America will show the same one over and over and over and....)

So yeah. Used to be a favorite station. Not so much anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV