Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2008, 03:06 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times

Advertisements

Here are my top 25 cartoon theme songs (not including animated sitcoms like The Simpsons and South Park) of my childhood decade... the glorious 1990's.
    Timon & Pumba
    : Hakuna Matata never sounded better...
    Powerpuff Girls
    : It was fast and had a drum beat that would make Nick Cannon bow down. And let's not forget the "sugar, spice, and everything nice" origin story.
    TailsSpin
    : I dare you to say that this isn't catchy.....
    Duck Tails
    : See comment above.
    Eek! the Cat &
    The Terrible Thunder Lizards
    : One of the best guitar themes outside the Power Rangers.
    X-men
    : This theme got me the most hyped up.... and it still does.
    Goof Troop
    : This is just a good buddy, father-son song.
    Iron Man
    : Another great guitar theme, especially the solo.
    Aurthur
    : I haven't watched that show since 5th grade and I still know the lyrics... but I wont sing 'em.
    Doug
    (Nick version): No words, just right....
    Gargoyles
    : Epic. Sounds like a movie theme. Goliath's monolouge sets it off.
    Pokemon
    : There was one time we were coming home from school in the 4th or 5th grade, and everyone on the bus was singing. Now tell me if you don't think it should be on the list.....
    Taz-mania!
    : Nothing beats early 90's themes, espeically this one. I'd get home from kindergarden waiting to see this show.
    The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
    : My favorite video game character, with his theme and two classical pieces mashed together..... I love it.
    Mighty Max
    : Once again, early 90's guitar laced themes with acrion packed intros rule
    Captain Planet
    (End Credits): Probably the most recognizable end credits in tv history.
    Darkwing Duck
    : Ya gotta love that New Jack Swing....
    Freakazoid!
    : One of the funniest opening theme songs to a show, ever.
    Pinky & The Brain
    : I'd bet alot over the age of 40 even know this song, admit it!
    Batman Beyond
    : It had a wicked, club vibe to it. Make it sound futuristic, and you've got yourself a pretty good theme.
    Tiny Toon Adventures
    : *sigh* [speachless]
    Mighty Ducks: The Animated Series
    : I thought this theme would best for the NHL franchise themselves as an intro for its players before the game.
    Animaniacs
    : Steven Spillberg was a genius with these cartoons and everything about the Animaniacs was the most memorable, especially the opening theme.
    The Real Adventures of Johny Quest
    : The updated remix of the original theme that gives you a since of adventure and danger, along with a 3D, black and green cavern with pics of the characters in action.... how can yo beat that? Well.....
    Batman: The Animated Series
    : This is how a Batman theme is SUPPOSED to be. Not that crappy, campy 60's theme. It goes along with the opening sooooo well and it makes you glad that you got to see this show in your life time.

So many memories.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 08:15 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,692,521 times
Cool list! Thanks for posting! (I wonder how many days I'll have Pinky and the Brain stuck in my head...)

Old 11-02-2008, 09:09 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
I loved Duck Tails and Tailspin. Some great cartoons back then.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:31 PM

60 posts, read 285,370 times
I have about 95% of those listed! And a bunch more like Gummy Bears, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Gargoyles and cartoons from the 80's like Jem and the Holograms. ^.^

Old 11-04-2008, 02:01 PM

66 posts, read 194,658 times
Did Batman Beyond come out in the 90s? I only saw a little bit of it, but I thought it came out after the 90s.

I used to watch at least half of those shows you mentioned. They made up a good chunk of my childhood. Batman: The Animated Series was definitely the best of the bunch.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:27 PM

60 posts, read 285,370 times
I think Batman Beyond came out really late 90's and continued on into the next century. (I adore Batman Beyond and own the episodes.)
But the list isn't 100% accurate, like Duck Tales I'm pretty sure that was late 80's? But either way the nostalgic feeling that the list brings up is the most important part! ^^

Old 11-04-2008, 10:32 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabelle View Post
I think Batman Beyond came out really late 90's and continued on into the next century. (I adore Batman Beyond and own the episodes.)
But the list isn't 100% accurate, like Duck Tales I'm pretty sure that was late 80's? But either way the nostalgic feeling that the list brings up is the most important part! ^^
That's what I wanted to do....

Old 02-16-2009, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 54,541 times
Anybody remember Wild Thornberries? I LOVED that show! With the girl who could talk with animals and owned a monkey? Their family traveled around in an old mobile home in Africa to learn about animals because he father was a "Steve Erwin" type person.
Anyone else remember that show? So far it has not been mentioned in any top cartoon lists and it was easily one of the best.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:10 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,850,609 times
I'm not sure when Inspector Gadget came out but I loved that theme song.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV