Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 11:03 PM

39 posts, read 679,550 times

Advertisements

I used to watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition until the news came out that people were getting foreclosed on these homes. That made me look at them in a brand new light.

I do not watch any others because it really lowers my view of society and depresses me that people are really like this. Especially the Housewives of Orange County etc. This is not how real people live, especially "real" housewives!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 12:33 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,502,963 times
American Idol
So you think you can dance
The biggest Loser
Celebrity Rehab
Snoopdogs ..whatever its called
Intervention

Old 01-25-2009, 12:35 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,502,963 times
Some I have never watched or even wanted to check out
Desperate Houswives
Lost
Survivor

Old 01-25-2009, 04:28 AM

161 posts, read 371,063 times
Desperate Housewives and LOST are not reality shows^
even American Idol or any dance show seems more like a talent show. When I think of reality shows, I think of the horrible sludge like Rock of Love, Bromance and Keeping Up With The Kardashians. I guess my guilty pleasure would be Extreme Home Makeover...

Old 01-25-2009, 04:48 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,614,627 times
When I say I don't watch reality show, I'm talking about the ones where people compete against each other, like trying to get married, be the best dancer, and, of course, the one where people see how much they can eat without throwing up all over the place! Let's make sure Junior watches that one! lol I watch Extreme Makeover, Home Edition, Deadliest Catch (in season, lol), Dinner Impossible, and a couple others. We're getting to where we leave our TV on D.I.Y network or HGTV. That might be called reality, but I like seeing what some people do to their houses.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:35 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,118,784 times
just one, America's got talent.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:36 AM

37,818 posts, read 41,126,784 times
Up until last year, the only reality show I watched was Cops. I hate chit chat in real life so watching two strangers chat with each other in some house or in some exotic location couldn't be more boring, in my mind. Then there were all of those shows that showcase people that were disgusting, to me (Big Brother, Temptation Island and the current Real Ho-usewife Bimbos from Anywhere - and Bravo claims to be for smart people- puh-leeeze.) But one day, I tried Top Chef. I still don't know why. I eat but am not fond of cooking and after watching how chefs finger your food with their bare hands, I'm now less likely to eat out. But, I really like the show and watch it even when it's re-run. I enjoy strategy so I tend to analyze the show in that way. So, I then tried Project Runway which doesn't run concurrently with Top Chef. I can't draw, I can't sew, I have no idea what's fashionable and I have to look at store dummies to know how to match separates. In that case, I think I am totally in awe of the talent of those people. I still watch Cops. I have never watched American Idol or Survivor.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:45 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,038,658 times
I tried to watch the Superstars of Dance or whatever it was called but I only got as far as one episode. But I don't consider that a 'reality' show. Solid Gold was a dance show and wasn't considered a reality show. I just love dancing, especially cultural. That just wasn't cultural to me--Superstars.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:03 AM

170 posts, read 454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopeedew View Post
I used to watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition until the news came out that people were getting foreclosed on these homes. That made me look at them in a brand new light. . .
I didn't know that! Bummer!
I have noticed that Extreme Home Ed has started paying off peoples mortgages along with giving them the home. I wonder if that's why.
The taxes on these new places must be horrendous once they are re-assessed.

Found a list of the top 10 reality shows:
Amazing Race
America’s Got Talent
American Idol
Big Brother
Biggest Loser
Dancing With The Stars
Hell’s Kitchen
High School Musical
Last Comic Standing
Meerkat Manor
Nashville Star
Project Runway
So You Think You Can Dance
Survivor
The Bachelorette
The Mole
The Next Food Network Star
The Real World
Top Chef
Wipeout

(What is "Wipeout"? Never heard of that one.)

Source: MTV Launching Eight New Reality TV Series | Reality TV Magazine

Even more scary is the list of More Reality Shows underneath the Top Ten list! I did not count them all but there are easily 100+

Old 01-25-2009, 12:28 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,525,974 times
Wipeout is like that Japanese show with the obstacle course that is faux-narrated by 2 guys in kimonos on Spike TV. It is a bad knock off of that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV