Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 02:45 PM

10,100 posts, read 14,511,701 times

Advertisements

What are the absolute best? "Best" being defined as best production and editing quality, and of course, the most entertaining (which can be super subjective).

What say you?

For me, these are tops:

*Survivor: A classic that is pretty consistent after 9 years.
*Amazing Race: I always catch just part of the season, but the pace of the show keeps me glued to the tv.
*Project Runway: Up until now, it has been excellent quality with great hosts, judges, and very interesting challenges and personalities. Who knows about the new season.
*American Idol: It jumped the shark this season (IMO) with the 4th judge. Some argue it did with Sanjaya. I am still extremely entertained watching people rise from regular people to being household names in a matter of 2-3 months.

I used to enjoy these, but the quality has gone down and I'm bored with them now:

*America's Next Top Model: Tyra's cheesiness did it in for me! I can't deal any longer.
*Big Brother: The concept just became boring, as did the challenges.
*Real World: totally irrelevant and kind of boring, unless you are under 25.

Those I hate, but keep watching (like a car wreck I can't look away):

*The Hills: I don't know, call me whatever, but I love this show. I'm fascinated.
*I Love New York: I laugh so hard I hurt at this chick. Entertainment!!
*The Bachelor: I'm so tired of it, but I get sucked into this show about every season and hate it! lol
*Kitchen Nightmares: I just watch to see him yell @ people.
*Hell's Kitchen: So cheesy, but again, I watch to see him all pissed off.
*Bro-mance: Because Brody is such a hot dude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 04:49 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,752,250 times
The only shows on the list I still watch are The Amazing Race and Survivor. I gave up on Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen and the others are just stupid.

I can't believe The Real World is still on and don't even get me started on American Idol.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:22 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,423,469 times
reality shows I still watch:

Amazing Race
Top Chef
Hell's Kitchen
Kitchen Nightmares
The Food Network show's..........so many but I enjoy the cooking challenges
Survivor (boring, but usually nothing else on)
Housewives of O.C. (I like to get a few laughs)

Old 01-31-2009, 02:16 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,226,753 times
I guess my DH & I are reality show junkies, because we (or at least I) watch most of them. Amazing Race is still my favorite. I love seeing all the places they get to go and I think the challenges are better than on most of the reality shows.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:03 PM

306 posts, read 1,249,045 times
II admit it too.
I love reality shows and usually give all of them a least one shot.
After one episode I can tell if it's stupid and I never watch it again.

The ones I love and still watch are:
Survivor (same game, new people)
Amazing Race (I love the locations, travel aspect and insight to cultures)
Top Chef (Yum)
Project Runway (fun)

Recent Car wrecks - that I know are lame, but I can't turn away:
True Beauty
Real World/road rule challenges
Rock of Love - (where do they find these women??!)
Tool Academy
Charm School
Housewives of OC, NY and anywhere else.

Shameless ... I know.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:15 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,213,139 times
Survivor last season kept me going I was ready to bail on it.
Top Chef
Celebrity Rehab to use as a lesson for my kids to not use drugs.

Glance at ones if my kids have VH1 on but most of the time make them turn the channel.

Have tried to get into Gone Country but it is so lame this new one seems even more so. Click. The new Sober House is on pass here too those people are nowhere near ready to be living in a sober house.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:06 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,690,040 times
The Mole is the best reality show ever. You actually have to use your brain when you watch it.

Others I watch are Survivor and Amazing Race.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:32 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,549,284 times
The only one on the list I watch is American Idol each year...and the main reason I started watching it was because everyone at work was watching it...so it gave us all something to talk about the next day! Now that I'm retired, I miss discussing it with everyone. Since my husband refused to watch it, I was kinda on my own up until this year. My son and daughter-in-law are watching it now!

Old 01-31-2009, 10:34 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,226,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
The Mole is the best reality show ever. You actually have to use your brain when you watch it.

Others I watch are Survivor and Amazing Race.
I guess I have to take back what I said about Amazing Race being my fave....although it's my favorite that is on regularly. The Mole is my all time favorite!

Old 01-31-2009, 10:40 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,561,725 times
A few years ago, there was a show called "Paradise Hotel" on the Fox network. Initially, i wanted to see some skin, but the show ended with alot of twists and surprises. It had to be the best mind games in reality tv that i had seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV