Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2012, 05:27 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,804,050 times

Advertisements

The same thing happened in the books. The more books you read, the crazier into the 'sup' world it became. You just have to let that go to enjoy it.

I am liking the season much better. I can't wait until next week to find out about Sookie and the contract. And Russell running off not caring about Lilith was fantastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 07:36 AM

1,791 posts, read 2,391,987 times
G
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
The same thing happened in the books. The more books you read, the crazier into the 'sup' world it became. You just have to let that go to enjoy it.

I am liking the season much better. I can't wait until next week to find out about Sookie and the contract. And Russell running off not caring about Lilith was fantastic.
I was waiting for Russell to talk trash to Salome. I could tell he was never a true believer. Now he's going after Sookie and Bill is starting to care. I think Russell will discover the hidden fairy nightclub and there'll be a show down there. And Eric seems to be faking his conversion.

And we finally saw Andy's fairy baby mama. I was wondering if we would ever see her again. That lucky dog! Why can't I walk around in a desolate country field and get propositioned by a sexy fairy?

Tara and Pam still are entertaining. I wonder if that guy was actually a sheriff or was he faking?

Old 08-13-2012, 10:26 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,133,402 times
I agree with you guys. I was wondering how much longer Russell would continue to play the Lillith game before just saying "screw it" and going off on his own.

Question about Russell, is he THEE oldest vampire in the world? I don't know if that's been established yet. Like, is there any other vampire older than him?

It was cool when Russell became angry and his ancient accent came out and he dropped the southern accent

Old 08-13-2012, 11:19 AM

1,791 posts, read 2,391,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I agree with you guys. I was wondering how much longer Russell would continue to play the Lillith game before just saying "screw it" and going off on his own.

Question about Russell, is he THEE oldest vampire in the world? I don't know if that's been established yet. Like, is there any other vampire older than him?

It was cool when Russell became angry and his ancient accent came out and he dropped the southern accent
I don't know if the writers have given Russell the superlative as the oldest vampire but I think it's safe to assume he is since he's 3000 years old. Whoever cast Denis O'Hare to play him needs to get a pay raise!

Old 08-14-2012, 12:21 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,701,542 times
praise lilith.. lol

Old 08-14-2012, 01:02 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,782,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
I don't know if the writers have given Russell the superlative as the oldest vampire but I think it's safe to assume he is since he's 3000 years old. Whoever cast Denis O'Hare to play him needs to get a pay raise!
HELL YES!!! I love love love love love him!

Old 08-15-2012, 12:50 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,271,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
praise lilith.. lol

LOL....since the very first time they dropped the name "Lilith", all think of is Lilith from "Cheers" lol

but I couldn't read the thread until I watched Sunday's episode (spoiler alerts) and I have to say, this one had me hooked for most of the hour like the previous seasons. I think I felt Jason's and Jessica's pain when Hoyt wanted to be glamoured. I cried. And then I cried again when Jason stopped Hoyt and Hoyt was like, "Oh, Stackhouse. You know Sookie?" and Jason cried when he went back to his car.

Best line of the evening: Tara calls the new sheriff and she's frantic when he arrives and she rambles, "I don't know nothing about birthing no baby vampires!"

Old 08-15-2012, 01:43 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,797,757 times
So what do y'all think the deal with Bill is? He was so easily converted, but he's put Eric in too much danger and essentially killed the tech vampire chick for this all to be a ruse. And if/when the mainstreaming vampires return to power, what can he say to redeem himself?

Oh, and I think Nora is probably having second thoughts after seeing Lillith kill ghost Godric. Maybe she'll be the key to overthrowing Salome.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:54 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,701,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
LOL....since the very first time they dropped the name "Lilith", all think of is Lilith from "Cheers" lol

but I couldn't read the thread until I watched Sunday's episode (spoiler alerts) and I have to say, this one had me hooked for most of the hour like the previous seasons. I think I felt Jason's and Jessica's pain when Hoyt wanted to be glamoured. I cried. And then I cried again when Jason stopped Hoyt and Hoyt was like, "Oh, Stackhouse. You know Sookie?" and Jason cried when he went back to his car.

Best line of the evening: Tara calls the new sheriff and she's frantic when he arrives and she rambles, "I don't know nothing about birthing no baby vampires!"
I think I was so good because there was no terry or no werewolf plot and we could stay focus on one thing

Old 08-15-2012, 04:19 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,165,447 times
I keep going back and forth on this season, I hate it, then it redeems itself. It definitely did redeem itself again with this last epsidoe and I really can't believe there are only 2 episodes left...this seems to have gone by VERY fast.

My thoughts: I LOVE Russell! And I ended up loving what happened to Tara, it made me enjoy her character again. Still ove Lafayette. Still like Sam but I hate the werewolves and shifter storylines, but I do like the addition of Russell. Didn't care about Terry but was amused by the smoke monster, who seems to have escaped the mysterious LOST Island and headed over to Bon Temps. Hated the authority and really really miss Nan!! Don't know what to think about Bill, how can he explain himself now if this was all a ruse? but I suspect not. Love the scenes in the fairy nightclub and the whole evil vampire kills parents, owns first born daughter storyline.

I'm excited again about the show, hope they tie it all up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV