Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2009, 08:22 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,665,932 times

Advertisements

I won't give anything away, but..I hate when we have to wait 2 whole weeks for the finale!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 08:29 PM

408 posts, read 725,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I won't give anything away, but..I hate when we have to wait 2 whole weeks for the finale!!!
oh darn.... I didn't know it was 2 weeks...

Old 08-30-2009, 08:37 PM

111 posts, read 235,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZappa301 View Post
oh darn.... I didn't know it was 2 weeks...
They didn't want to do it over Labor Day weekend-too many people away.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
The collaboration tonight between vamps and humans to lay the plans for the "kill" next week. It'll be great having the queen introduced tonight. I watched last week's episode again. It's funnier the second time around. Can't wait - 45 minutes to go. LOL
Thought last night's episode was a bit over the top, but it had some funny moments. Hope they are setting things up for a great finale.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:01 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,272,803 times
I think the whole series is over the top. LOL. I have to watch last night's again. Some of my favorite lines: Eric calling the kids "teacup" humans. Jason pondering whether Sam could turn into a chicken and then lay an egg? Sam turning into a dog and then having sex with a lady dog? Eric calling Bill "Billy" . Eric with the blouse. Eric was hot in that grey suit. He does tower over Bill. We were wondering why Lafayette was immune to Marianne's spells. I guess he's not. It looks like Weiner's veering away from what I've read about a maenad's characteristics. We'll have to wait two weeks.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I think the whole series is over the top. LOL. I have to watch last night's again. Some of my favorite lines: Eric calling the kids "teacup" humans. Jason pondering whether Sam could turn into a chicken and then lay an egg? Sam turning into a dog and then having sex with a lady dog? Eric calling Bill "Billy" . Eric with the blouse. Eric was hot in that grey suit. He does tower over Bill. We were wondering why Lafayette was immune to Marianne's spells. I guess he's not. It looks like Weiner's veering away from what I've read about a maenad's characteristics. We'll have to wait two weeks.
I liked "teacup humans" and when Eric said, "Goodbye little humans." Also, Jason saying "it's in the Bible...or the Constitution."

Old 08-31-2009, 09:15 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,272,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra23 View Post
I liked "teacup humans" and when Eric said, "Goodbye little humans." Also, Jason saying "it's in the Bible...or the Constitution."
The "bible and the constitution" was also a good one.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:38 AM

37,817 posts, read 41,119,481 times
I have not read the books so I am not "tainted" or "jaded" by the author's characterizations. You know, I can't compare her characters to the ones on the TV show.

In my opinion, the best episode this season is the one where the guy comes in strapped with a bomb and the one immediately preceding and following it.

I do not think Godric should have been killed off, and I mean the Godric as he was presented in the TV series. He presented a little stability and sanity to the whole human/vampire conflict plus, he lives in Texas. They didn't have to make him a regular. They just could have left him in Texas and pulled him out of mothballs when 1) they needed someone to add some peace and tranquility to calm the nuttiness built up over a few episodes; 2) needed to do more Eric back story and/or 3) put Eric in danger. The other character that tended to calm things down in the show, Sookie's and Jason's grandmother, was also killed off.

And is there not one quiet person living in the town, you know, maybe a librarian or that nice quiet telepath working in the hotel in Dallas who minds his own business, doesn't drink at Sam's bar, doesn't sleep in a box or sleep with someone who sleeps in a box, doesn't take his or her clothes off at the drop of a hat, ...

The Anal Retentives - Bill, Andy, Steve Newlin
The Motor Mouths - Sookie, Tara, Hoyt's mother, Sarah Newlin
The Hystericals - Jessica, Tara's mother, Arlene, Bill's Maker Lady Vamp
The Odd Balls - Sam, Marianne, The Queen, Sheriff Dearborn
The Not So Bright With Good Hearts - Jason, Hoyt
The Shifty - Eric
The Underdeveloped So Far - Terry, Eggs, Pam, the John Billingsley character

The one I like a lot but can't categorize because I have no idea where the character is going: Lafayette (I hope they don't sacrifice Lafayette or Eric because they've painted themselves into a corner with the basement interaction between those two characters.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:05 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,161,088 times
Quote:
The "bible and the constitution" was also a good one.
Or when Jason and Andy are planning to attack their fellow townspeople and Jason says, "Don't forget...they ARE Americans" to which Andy replied, "that used to mean something."

Show is totally over the top but funny. The lady cutting off her finger...uh...gross.

LaFayette apparently is not immune to Maryanne. When he showed up in front of Sookie with the black eyes, my jaw literally dropped. Wow...what an ending.

I couldn't believe Tara (who up until this point has been one of the smart ones) could be so stupid. I mean...I kind of understand her wanting to rescue her boyfriend, but standing in the kitchen helplessly telling Maryanne to "leave us be" was totally out of character. Grabbing her boyfriend and trying to get him in the car before Maryanne caught up to her or at least attempting to smack Maryanne around a little (before her eyes turned "zombie" again) would have been more in line with her character. She never acted helpless before and that bugged me.

I think I understood what the Queen said Maryanne's weakness was. Correct me if I'm wrong (and perhaps help us all get on the same page). She has thought she is a God for so long that she is powerful. She keeps waiting around preparing to meet the real God but he never comes. The only time she's vulnerable (ie-"killable") is when she has sacrificed a semi-powerful (this time it's Sam) person and is engaged in the ritual of calling to God to come now and accept the offering?

I SLOWLY went through the previews for the finale: Everyone is dressed in white (including Sookie who has found herself as part of the ritual). The Queen seems to set up Eric against Bill. There is definitely SOMEONE sacrificed as there is blood shown dripping off a knife and of course, the big one...Sookie clearly upset and whispering "I'm sorry." Someone's gonna die...my bet is Tara's boyfriend.

Anyone have an idea what the hell the huge egg laying in the middle of the bed at Sookie's house was?

Also...perhaps this was mentioned in season 1 (which I swear I will watch this summer)...but I didn't know that Bill only "feeds" off Sookie. He said that to the Queen when she asked him what he eats. Hmmm...does that mean something?

Old 08-31-2009, 03:54 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,165,286 times
I loved the Pam and Eric scenes - best of the night. Pam griping about the smelly children and Eric laughing at her as he walked out of Fangtasia - too funny!
Didn't Eric look hot in the gray suit?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV