Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 05:26 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,868,006 times

Advertisements

I actually liked this episode (2). When Jessica had her little prayer session, it was a reminder of just how innocent she was when she was turned and that she really is just a kid who's been forced to play grown up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 08:31 PM

7,424 posts, read 5,531,511 times
I had started out reading the books but after...I don't know how many...they just got more and more silly so I stopped reading them. It's Ok with me that they are nothing like the TV series.
I thought episode two was a little better than the premiere, I liked Jessica's prayer at the end, but there is too much going on with the different characters and storylines.
Since this is the last season I hope they wrap it up decently.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:10 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,663,948 times
IMO, True Blood went wrong by constantly introducing scads of new characters and running willy-nilly with the plot line. I tried to read the books but didn't like them - and even though the show doesn't follow the books, it makes the same mistake that the books made. Basically, they create characters and get you to care about them - get you invested in what happens. This i seasons 1 and 2. Then they introduce a lot of new characters and focus on them to a large degree, take the story line in a 180 degree turn, change the characters we care about or ignore them. I hated season 3. Season 4 was better, then they lost me again with season 5. The things that first drew me to the series are all gone. Now it's full of characters I don't care about and the plot is ridiculous. They had so much potential and they totally screwed it up, IMO. It's like they felt it had to get weirder and weirder until it was just off the charts and lost the souls of the original main characters along the way. How sad.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:47 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,851,261 times
This is the final season??

Old 06-25-2013, 06:41 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,145,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
i haven't seen it confirmed anywhere by HBO, but I've heard that too on other forums.

And in my opinion, this would be a good time to end it. As others have already mentioned in here, the show has gone all over the place. It used to be such a simple show. Merlotts, Bill Compton, Sooki, Fangtasia, and Eric. With a bunch of other great supporting characters filling in with comedy relief and small side stories.

Now its gone global, and the show is all over the place. I care enough about our core characters to keep watching, but I'm a little disappointed so far. I'm sure Warlow and the grandfather fairy will make things interesting though.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:17 AM

461 posts, read 914,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I heard that once Alan Ball resigned, this would be the final season...

Old 06-25-2013, 09:10 AM

37,839 posts, read 41,193,924 times
I miss Rene Lenier. For a plain old killer he was awfully polite and was one of the few characters on the show that had a pleasant upbeat personality unlike those sullen moody cantankerous nasty vampires or the whining or overbearing humans. Unfortunately, he killed the other character with a nice personality - Sookie's grandmother.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:57 AM

461 posts, read 914,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I miss Rene Lenier. For a plain old killer he was awfully polite and was one of the few characters on the show that had a pleasant upbeat personality unlike those sullen moody cantankerous nasty vampires or the whining or overbearing humans. Unfortunately, he killed the other character with a nice personality - Sookie's grandmother.
Kinda nothing to do with anything you said... But... He was such a cutie. FYI: He's on Once Upon A Time now too.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:10 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,372,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalaeon View Post
Kinda nothing to do with anything you said... But... He was such a cutie. FYI: He's on Once Upon A Time now too.
It took me about 3 episodes of Once Upon A Time to figure out why he looked so familiar! I was watching and suddenly I told my husband that it was Jesus, Lafayette's ex-boyfriend. He didn't believe me, so I had to pull it up on IMDB.

And he is a major cutie!

Old 06-25-2013, 01:16 PM

7,424 posts, read 5,531,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalaeon View Post
Really? What character does he play on Once Upon A Time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV