Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 07:56 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,294,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSyddy View Post
Questions for you fans!

Which was your favorite season and why?
Ok, I'll go first

For me, my favorites were season 1 and 2 because it was something new and different. The thought of vampires co-existing with humans was interesting to me. I liked seeing the "human side" in Bill and his ability to show emotion. But I also liked how Eric would just border on showing his human side and then pull back. There were just enough characters and storylines were easy to follow. Maybe it's just me, but the storylines didn't seem so outrageous like the fire monster (whatever that was lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 11:38 AM

7,420 posts, read 5,529,096 times
My favorite season was the first because it was something new. There were less characters to keep track of and there was only one main storyline I can Remember keeping track of and that was who was murdering the young women of Bon Temps.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:55 AM

55 posts, read 58,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
You're right--they might just be hooking up. I thought they were married. Just so much going on.

But I agree--we need more Lafayette! I love his sass

I absolutely love Lafayette he brings some pizzazz to the series. Jessica is also one of my favorite characters...she doesn't mean to be bad..

Old 07-12-2013, 11:35 AM

1,566 posts, read 2,168,447 times
My favorite season was 1, I didn't like 2 because it just turned into such a freak sex show, 3 was pretty good (loved Russell Edgington), I did also like 4 with the witches, but there were annoying parts also, and I HATED season 5 with the Authority. Way too over the top and I didn't even care what was happening to Billith. I also started fast forwarding through much of the werewolf parts. This season has some promise, I'll keep watching the show. I agree also, we need WAY more Lafayette!

Old 07-14-2013, 12:06 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,031,965 times
Quote:
I agree, i think the show itself has gone downhill, but i really do feel like this season is way more put together than last. last season really turned me off with all that crap going on. this season at least the story is a bit more connected IMO.

another thing i think that bothers people is the drastic changes in characters since first season. tara and sookie were best friends (now they never talk), also Tara was straight, bill was in love with sookie, Sam was also in love with sookie, Eric was an *******, and jason was addicted to vampire sex and blood.

just to name a few lol
You nailed it. For people to be interested in the show they have to feel some identity with the characters. Now it is turning into some sort of comic book because the characters have lost part of their identity. It's more superficial now, with offerings one week that trying to out-weird those of the last.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:21 AM

Another "meh" episode until Lafayette summoned Sookie's dad.

Not sure why they brought back Sarah. I really could do without her and as much as I think Joe Manganiello is a hottie, the werewolf storyline seems like a wet blanket this season. I do LOVE Pam though. She tries so hard to convince everyone that she has no humanity but deep down she still has emotions. Should be interesting next week to see the outcome between her and Eric.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:00 PM

7,420 posts, read 5,529,096 times
I am warming up to this season and starting to enjoy it more. I can't wait to see the dual between Eric and Pam. And what will happen to Willa. Jessica has the most human emotions left out of all the vampires I think. She is so upset about eating the fairy girls. And you know someone (maybe Bill) will come and rescue Sookie. And I just heard there will be another season of this show next year, so this is NOT the last season.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I am warming up to this season and starting to enjoy it more. I can't wait to see the dual between Eric and Pam. And what will happen to Willa. Jessica has the most human emotions left out of all the vampires I think. She is so upset about eating the fairy girls. And you know someone (maybe Bill) will come and rescue Sookie. And I just heard there will be another season of this show next year, so this is NOT the last season.
Regarding Jessica, I wonder if her human emotions are because 1) she's a young vampire and hasn't lived long enough as a vampire to witness wars, plagues, tragedies, etc or 2) she was a pretty down to Earth person and good natured as a human. Like when we first saw Bill and his flashbacks, he seemed like a good hearted or kind person before he was turned. Even though he witnessed war, I don't think he had anger/hatred in his heart like Eric did. Pam was also a pretty angry person before she was turned.

Now that Sookie knows that Warlo wasn't lying, I'm wondering if she will save him from Bill but I'm also wondering if she will call out for either of them for help

Eric/Pam duel is what's keeping me antsy til next week

Old 07-17-2013, 09:37 AM

1,797 posts, read 2,398,373 times
Quote:
Questions for you fans!

Which was your favorite season and why?
The first season was my favorite because it was more down-to-Earth and the concept of an alternate world where vampires live openly with humans was novel. I hadn't read the Southern Vampire Mysteries so this was all new to me. The first season was a simple whodunit mystery but the show was still new so the writers didn't have to be too elaborate. Now that we've watched this alternate universe for five years, the writers have to be more creative.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:34 AM

2,004 posts, read 6,852,437 times
Awesome as it is every year. I see it has toned down on the blood and boob showing though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV