Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 08:52 AM

111 posts, read 235,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I read someplace Forbes would or should be nominated for an emmy for her role as Marianne.
I think she's great. A lot of people are objecting to her character, and I think it's because they have read the books (I haven't) and feel that the emphasis on her character this season strays too far from the books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 08:53 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,274,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
Yea, I got the sequence (I watched that scene 20 times so far) - but I just love his facial expression when he said it.

I like the queen too - especially when she said that Bill and Eric should just eff and get it over with - and she would watch. Too funny!
When I watched the scene again between Bill and Eric, I realized Bill might be considered a "teacup" human next to Eric. He towers above Bill. I just loved when Eric called him Billy like he was a teacup human. LOL

Old 09-03-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, no one can tell me why Jason wasn't attracted to the guy he and his then girlfriend held in the basement? If Sookie and Lafayette dream about Eric why wasn't Jason dreaming about that guy? He tasted enough of his blood.
I wonder if it's based on the strength of the vampire blood. Eric is a high ranking vamp compared to the guy in the basement. His blood may be more powerful.
On edit: I remember the age of the vampire has something to do with power.

Last edited by tigerlily; 09-03-2009 at 09:46 AM..

Old 09-03-2009, 09:49 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,135,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, no one can tell me why Jason wasn't attracted to the guy he and his then girlfriend held in the basement? If Sookie and Lafayette dream about Eric why wasn't Jason dreaming about that guy? He tasted enough of his blood.
Well, since none of us are the writers or the producers and we see the same thing that you see each Sunday night, I'm sure we don't have an absolute answer for you. But in my opinion, it has to do with how powerful Eric's blood would be given his age vs the guy in the basement being a recently turned vamp.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:50 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,135,092 times
Quote:
I wonder if it's based on the strength of the vampire blood. Eric is a high ranking vamp compared to the guy in the basement. His blood may be more powerful.
LOL I see I should have read the thread completely!

Old 09-03-2009, 10:48 AM

5,023 posts, read 10,739,672 times
I think that the blood actually has to be still in the vampire. Apparently, when you v, you don't get the nasty side effect of naughty thoughts *LOL*

Old 09-03-2009, 10:49 AM

24,865 posts, read 24,449,915 times
Quote:
Maybe its because the guy in the baement is dead and gone?

Dunno, but its an interesting question.

As for those who are fans of the books, remember Dexter on showtime started out similarly. They strayed from the book story line of Dexter though, as his creator got kind of weird with him. Perhaps HBO is doing the same with True Blood. Maybe they didn't like where the characters were going in the books, so they've taken them in their own path. After all, Lafayette was supposed to be dead already from all I've heard of the books.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:52 AM

154 posts, read 397,019 times
This is true. Lafayette was supposed to be the corpse in the car at the beginning of season 2. I'm happy that they kept him.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:20 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,809,008 times
Well golly, after reading through all these posts, I need to collect my teacup humans from school

Old 09-03-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Maybe its because the guy in the baement is dead and gone?

Dunno, but its an interesting question.

As for those who are fans of the books, remember Dexter on showtime started out similarly. They strayed from the book story line of Dexter though, as his creator got kind of weird with him. Perhaps HBO is doing the same with True Blood. Maybe they didn't like where the characters were going in the books, so they've taken them in their own path. After all, Lafayette was supposed to be dead already from all I've heard of the books.
Lafayette become a favorite of watchers. Maybe that's why they decided not to kill him. There might be a certain amount of flexibility for the writers depending on how far ahead they film each episode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV