Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2009, 05:55 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,707,398 times

Advertisements

download them. If you dont have a bittorrent program download bitcomet

google eztv
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 06:13 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,165,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Does anyone know of a place where I can watch True Blood episodes online??? I'm trying to get caught up & I don't have HBO anymore. Please please help
I'd go to sidereel.com or yidio.com - they have lists of links, but you have to do some work to find the real ones. Anything that says megavideo isn't real. Make sure you list all links, then start at the very bottom. I found the last episode just now on sidereel.

True Blood S02-E12, Beyond Here Lies Nothin | True Blood Full Episodes (http://www.truebloodfullepisodes.net/true-blood-s02-e12-beyond-here-lies-nothin - broken link)

Old 12-22-2009, 09:09 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,242,959 times
I used megavideo to watch quite a few of them. I didn't have luck actually finding the vids on megavideo, but via sites that linked. The only deal is that you only get about an hour of run time, then you have to wait 53 minutes.

eta:your site is much better!

Last edited by Braunwyn; 12-22-2009 at 09:24 PM..

Old 02-14-2010, 10:39 PM
dgz

806 posts, read 3,400,037 times
Default Any True Blood fans?

I just caught Season 1 on DVD and loved it. I don't get Showtime so I'll have to wait until Season 2 is out on DVD. I was wondering if Season 2 was shot in Dallas or Louisiana? Just wondering because I heard that Dallas was the location in one of the books that the show is based on.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:21 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,253,449 times
I'm a casual fan of the show. It actually airs on HBO. I am considering canceling all my "premium" cable channels and will have to wait until the show comes out on DVD.

I am tired of waiting years for HBO's pretentious wait between seasons. I did that with Six Feet Under and the Sopranos. No more.

"Its not TV.....its HBO."

Huge Bill Onset

Old 02-15-2010, 05:55 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,253,962 times
There are TB threads that have moved on to higher number pages since the show ended.
Its a hugely popular HBO series, only a moderate number of people on this forum.
One thing to know is that there can be several types of TB fans. Fans of both the books and the shows, fans of the book who aren't as thrilled with the show (though most like the show just wish it stuck closer to the book) and people who have never read the books, just fans of the show. Oh, and then there is the "its hot!" set who seemed most enamored of the good looking actors and sex (in the TB world I suspect they would be addicted fangbangers)
I loved the books and season 1. Did not like season 2 at all. JMO

Old 02-15-2010, 10:22 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,496,339 times
My wife and I liked the recent reruns and plan to watch more. It reminded me of a sci-fi convention gone bad. Since I just came from one of those and enjoy them, I found this very amusing.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:43 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,161,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgz View Post
I just caught Season 1 on DVD and loved it. I don't get Showtime so I'll have to wait until Season 2 is out on DVD. I was wondering if Season 2 was shot in Dallas or Louisiana? Just wondering because I heard that Dallas was the location in one of the books that the show is based on.
I am a TB fan, but I've only seen the show. The show is gory and over the top and while it's fun to watch, I have no interest in digging deeper by reading the books. This IS unusual for me because I am a big reader and love to read a book before I see a movie, but in the case of TB, it's just a silly television show that I enjoy. I don't need to read the book to get more in depth.

Season 2 is heavily shot in Dallas for the first 1/2 of the season. Lots of stuff with the Fellowship of the Sun and the story of Godric (Eric's "Maker"). All of this takes place in Dallas. After that's resolved, Sookie, Bill and Jason return to Bon Temps and find a character named Maryann who has turned everyone in the town (including Tara) into pleasure-seeking zombies. I cannot even type that without laughing but that's why the show is purely for enjoyment for me.

The second half of season 2 is where it really picked up for me and of course, the season finale totally kicked butt. There were some characters who I predict will become larger than they were and likely have a storyline, but season 1 was definitely better.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:32 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,253,962 times
There is no more in depth in the books. The books are very short, light not at all serious reading. There was a pretty large divergence from books to season 2 probably if anything because the books are so short and light they are trying to make the episode/series last so they pump up a lot of characters and add story lines. Just because I'm a book fan doesn't mean I'm totally anti divergence. I was just anti season 2 divergence, the whole Maryann thing far surpassed I'm enjoying some mindless over the top tv to I must be stupid to be watching this. Again, MO

Old 02-15-2010, 01:36 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,843,603 times
I absolutely love the show...never read the books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV