Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 08:12 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I was also let down by the finale! glad to be rid of maryann and thought it was good to see sam and bill work together. I like sam and would not want him dead. I am wondering where next season will take sam in the search for his real parents! I was disappointed that there was not more eric/bill conflict in the finale. Seems like eric would be the one to kidnap bill, but that seems a little too obvious. Oh well..a year to wait and speculate!
Well, we know season 3 will be Maryann free! Yay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 08:15 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
Seems like eric would be the one to kidnap bill, but that seems a little too obvious. Oh well..a year to wait and speculate!
Possibly the Fellowship of the Sun - I'm sure we haven't heard the end of them. But Eric could still be behind that too!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:25 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,908,523 times
Thumbs down IMO: Evan Rachel Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I thought Maryann suffered a just end. Felt bad for Eggs though.

I don't think it was Eric per se ... I thought I saw bare hands on the silver rope. I'm sure someone was dispached by the Queen, maybe Sookie's cousin or that other yahtee guy. I'm not too hip on the actress playing her ... or the way she's playing her.
I so agree.
I cringed at her every word or attempt to act.
Sophie-Anne (Evan Rachel Wood), imho; SUCKS. Im wondering, did she structure her perception of the VampQueen based on Lindsay Lohan? A bone thin scratchy voice snotty be-yotch coke head? WTH? She would be better off directed to go back to the runway or the crack house, whichever is closer. As for the writers, how many times did she have to reference sex, same sex-sex, watching sex,, ,blah blah.. over & over. OK OK OK we get the point - she's a sex crazed nympho. I guess acting this part was easy for her, just be yourself. Like most of Hollywood youth.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:26 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
I so agree.
I cringed at her every word or attempt to act.
Sophie-Anne (Evan Rachel Wood), imho; SUCKS. Im wondering, did she structure her perception of the VampQueen based on Lindsay Lohan? A bone thin scratchy voice snotty be-yotch coke head? WTH? She would be better off directed to go back to the runway or the crack house, whichever is closer. As for the writers, how many times did she have to reference sex, same sex-sex, watching sex,, ,blah blah.. over & over. OK OK OK we get the point - she's a sex crazed nympho. I guess acting this part was easy for her, just be yourself. Like most of Hollywood youth.
They should have cast Lucy Lawless as the Queen

Old 09-14-2009, 08:52 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gairetjax View Post
This was my reasoning.
Well it would just be one more PC thing they throw into the show. I was laughing my butt off over the recycling thing earlier in the season, then it was Lafayette with no medical insurance, followed by Tara aghast at the rabbit and Sookie aghast at the cat while people are being slaughtered and no one bats an eye and didn't they do something regarding vegetarian something, too, plus we have the whole anti-religion thing....Jeez, Louise.

It's HBO. The don't go for ratings, just awards. And who votes on awards? Hollywood. That's the only audience they have to please.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:45 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I thought Maryann suffered a just end. Felt bad for Eggs though.

I don't think it was Eric per se ... I thought I saw bare hands on the silver rope. I'm sure someone was dispached by the Queen, maybe Sookie's cousin or that other yahtee guy. I'm not too hip on the actress playing her ... or the way she's playing her.
I swear I saw black gloves on the hands. After Eric said, "I'll take care of him" to the queen, its to big of a hint. Of course, it could equally be Bills maker, or someone from the FoS.

Still all and all a good season.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:08 AM

154 posts, read 396,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I swear I saw black gloves on the hands. After Eric said, "I'll take care of him" to the queen, its to big of a hint. Of course, it could equally be Bills maker, or someone from the FoS.

Still all and all a good season.
Indeed, the hands were gloved. A logical person would assume that because of Eric's last proclamation during this finale, he would be the prime suspect. Then you ask yourself, why would Eric with his 2,000 years of life and immense power need to subdue Bill with silver? Tis a quandary...

Old 09-14-2009, 10:13 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times
I'm slightly dissapointed by the finale.

As usual, Alan Ball decided to make Bill a hero and leave Eric on the back burden. It seemed unusual that Eric took Queen's advice and didn't get involved with saving the town from Marry-Ann.

I thought it was funny how Jason thinks he saved the town and was a hero at the end.

I'm pretty sure the kidnapper is not Eric, but since I read the books I will not spoil any further.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:07 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The writers are really deviating from the books.

I liked the bull scene - that was pretty cool.

I guess they are really making Eric out to be the bad guy - who else would have chained Bill and kidnapped him?

In the books, it was his maker (on the threat she would kill Sookie) and a computer project he was working on - the reason why he left.
I hope Bill is not chained up in the basement as was Lafayette. IMHO - one of the worst scenes.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:12 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Anyone have any idea why Bill wanted to get married in Burlington Vermont? Is that a reference to them allowing gay marriage therefore they would allow human/vampire marriage?
Yes. When the series first came out, I read Charlaine Harris substituted the discrimination against vampires in place of gay people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV