Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 11:16 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,013,419 times

Advertisements

How long has the King of Mississippi been the king? I thought that the Col. Flood that Alcide and Sookie saw, in his thoughts that Sookie read, said something about him coming here and causing these problems and wished he would move on. Or was that just me?
Bubba was such a minor character, but one that is very memorable and answered some questions about the rock and roll legend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 11:21 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
How long has the King of Mississippi been the king? I thought that the Col. Flood that Alcide and Sookie saw, in his thoughts that Sookie read, said something about him coming here and causing these problems and wished he would move on. Or was that just me?
Bubba was such a minor character, but one that is very memorable and answered some questions about the rock and roll legend.
So if each state has a king or queen, is there a tutti de tutti king or queen??? Or do these vamps just rove around for centuries declaring themselves kings and queens???

I'm still not clear on what it is that Bill is doing. I am digging Franklin though. I think he and Tara have great chemistry. Is he going to turn her???

Old 07-20-2010, 11:45 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,457,035 times
We had to miss Sunday's episode. Anyone known when it'll re-air? I tried using HBO's website, but it gave me a big headache by not letting me adjust times, just days.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:34 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,733,951 times
I'm glad there's some comic relief between Franklin and Tara. My favorite scenes from last Sunday's episode:

Tara: "Baby, we need to talk!"
Franklin: "oh no, every time a woman says that I go blank and the next thing I know I'm surrounded by body parts!" LMAO!

Then there's Russell yelling to Talbot "Talbot..! King?!" while pointing to himself because Talbot protests too much.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:54 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
We had to miss Sunday's episode. Anyone known when it'll re-air? I tried using HBO's website, but it gave me a big headache by not letting me adjust times, just days.
Do you have On Demand where you can watch movies and TV shows on demand. All of this seasons episodes of True Blood are available as well as all of Season 2 and some special shorts on True Blood. They become available, as long as you have HBO, on Mondays.

If not, use this website for the True Blood TV Schedule (HBO's is terrible):

True Blood Schedule - TV Listings | LocateTV

Old 07-20-2010, 02:27 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,457,035 times
Laura, I don't have OD, but with that site it seems I hardly need to. Excellent resource, thanks much!

Old 07-20-2010, 04:44 PM

947 posts, read 3,139,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They are definitely changing the book story in parts. I actually decided to re-read Club Dead after rewatching the latest episode last night. I don't think the book author likes the character "Bill" as much as Alan Ball does and in the books Lafayette is long since toast so any TV storyline involving him is totally new. There is one character I miss from the book for this season and that character is Bubba, a vampire who is a real famous deceased rock and roll legend and who is now a "slow" but kindly vampire. I'm thinking the TV people were concerned about lawsuits so they didn't use the character. It certainly wouldn't have been difficult to find someone to play the character.
I have a friend who will not watch the show because she has heard so much about how much different it is from the books.

I on the other hand love that the show is such a huge departure from the books. It let's each week be such a surprise! To me, the only thing that is the same as the books is the location and the names of the characters. Everything else is so different so I just roll with it.

My favorite book is book 4 - "Dead to the World". Fell deeply in love with Eric in that book. Couldn't stand Bill. The show makes Bill so endearing with his tortured expressions that at times I find him annoying.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:30 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Red View Post
My favorite book is book 4 - "Dead to the World". Fell deeply in love with Eric in that book. Couldn't stand Bill. The show makes Bill so endearing with his tortured expressions that at times I find him annoying.
I haven't had a chance to read the books, but I'd still go with Eric over Bill any day. The tortured expression + "SOOKEHHH".... it's nauseating.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:32 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,101 times
Personally I'm just a bit tired of Bill's whole denial of his vamperism (is that a word? )

Of course I've never found guys who pretend to be something else attractive anyways.

Now if Sookie would just learn to use her powers she might be a person to be reckoned with.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:28 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
I don't think Sookie even realizes what powers she has. maryanne seemed to have a clue though. I think the vamps are just incredibly attracted her her, but don't realize what it is that she truly is either.

I don't see the chemistry with Bill anymore. I actually think he and Lorena should go off and globetrot the world again eating everyone they can get their teeth into. Now Alcide and Sookie ... Eric and Sookie? Yea, that there's some pairings I'd like to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV