Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2010, 08:47 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,728,847 times

Advertisements

I'm lovng True Blood!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 01:03 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,585,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I like this season. I like how they are not strictly following the books. I like Alcide better on the show than in the books. He's sooooooo hunky and I mean than in a physical way. They could use some more actors with some literal meat on their bones. That character is a fine specimen of a manly man as long as he doesn't start whimpering (or howling) over Debbie. Did you know that at one time the actor was a stunt man?

I actually think Bill is a much better character this year away from Sookie. Not that he's a nicer character, just a more interesting one. I want to give a shout out to the director and crew of the episode before the most current one. That scene when Bill walks in to the king's livingroom (I think) in the creme colored jacket to announce he's taking up the King on his offer was shot exceptionally well and Moyer did all of the right physical moves. It reminded me of movies when a confident mobster glides into a room with an entourage of body guards behind him and surveys the scene. Also, they shot him up making the actor look bigger than he actually is. He rocked in that scene. It's so much better than playing Jessica's and Sookie's stern "father."

Franklin is still creepy but he's really interesting, too. The scene of him with Jessica was sooooo good. Not sure about him and Tara.

Jason "blackmailing" Andy though is out of character. He's not smart enough or mean enough to think up something like that. He was just telling Andy he was his best friend and now he's pulling this?

Sam's family ought to put the kabosh on kids looking for their biological parents. Are they the family from hell or what?

I like the vampire blood selling story line and the Queen of Loiusiana vs the King of Mississippi political story line. And anytime we get to see the Magister is fine by me. I really like the Eric conflict.
Because Jason is jealous. I don't think I'm gonna like him this season. And then too he's losing his mind seeing everyone with bullet holes in the head

Old 07-15-2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organized Mess View Post
I have never had the overwhelming desire to lick a man's abs before in my life...until now.

Shirtless man of the week: Joe Manganiello of 'True Blood': Shirtless Man of the Week - Show Patrol
Steamy

Whew, I wouldn't be able to control myself LOL

Old 07-18-2010, 08:06 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,728,847 times
True Blood was really really exciting tonight!

Old 07-19-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
True Blood was really really exciting tonight!

It was good!

Old 07-19-2010, 08:14 AM

24,813 posts, read 24,468,730 times
So far, its been a good season. Far better than that crap last year.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:35 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,796,197 times
I am very freaked out by that Franklin vampire now. He seems straight-up schizophrenic. Why can't Tara snag a somewhat normal guy? Or at least someone that will allow her to be the basically good-hearted person that she is.

OMG...Lafayette and his new boy-toy were just too great to watch! I love it when actors are secure enough in themselves to play gay characters well (and not just have them be some sort of ridiculous stereotype - put there to look ridiculous and for laughs only).

I hope that something starts up between Jessica and Sam's brother. I think they would make a much better match!

Bill kinda-sorta redeemed himself this week. But now he has messed things up with both the King and Eric/the Queen. Not to mention doing too little too late to keep Sookie out of trouble (I felt that he knew she was in Jackson...even from that night when she was in the werewolf bar).

As much as I love Eric, why hasn't he been singled out for death yet? I mean he was caught selling V by that guy that tied up Pam; he was caught lying to the King (even if he was feigning ignorance); when the Queen finds out he will never be able to hide the fact that he betrayed her. Oh, and his plan to pin it on Bill did not work either. Or maybe I'm not understanding the politics here. I'm just truly lost as to how he manages to scoot the blame around. Unless Eric is going to take the place of Bill in whatever role the King has envisioned for him (which should be interesting...in that Eric has no love lost on the King).

Oh, and if you can't yet tell, I cannot for the life of me remember the names of all these new characters!

Old 07-19-2010, 04:09 PM

947 posts, read 3,146,613 times
So the King of Miss killed Eric's Dad! I wonder what retribution Eric has in store for him. If the queen doesn't have Eric killed first for ratting her out.

I'm wondering what superpower Sookie has? (I know where she descended from based on the books but I'm afraid to give that away, it may be considered a spoiler). I think Bill was trying to trace where Sookie came from because he is curious also.

Sometimes I think Sookie is an idiot for not staying out of vamp business and now were business, but then there wouldn't be much of a show. She's doing it all for Bill ~~

Franklin is beyond crazy but he went for Tara because he believes she is as messed up as he is. Poor, Poor Tara. Some people just don't have a chance. I wonder if she really becomes a vamp?

What's up with Sam's Brother and his psycho Dad? I wonder WTF was that craziness him screaming that he owns him. Goood Lord!!!!

I can't wait for next week!! Jeez Louise!!

Old 07-19-2010, 11:54 PM

Yes, It's gonna be a great season. What's up with Jason and this new chick? Love the Lafayette storyline. Poor Tara, she just can't win lol! Oh, yeah Sam's dad is truly screwed up in the head that gene pool is poisoned lol!

Old 07-20-2010, 09:58 AM

37,833 posts, read 41,178,545 times
They are definitely changing the book story in parts. I actually decided to re-read Club Dead after rewatching the latest episode last night. I don't think the book author likes the character "Bill" as much as Alan Ball does and in the books Lafayette is long since toast so any TV storyline involving him is totally new. There is one character I miss from the book for this season and that character is Bubba, a vampire who is a real famous deceased rock and roll legend and who is now a "slow" but kindly vampire. I'm thinking the TV people were concerned about lawsuits so they didn't use the character. It certainly wouldn't have been difficult to find someone to play the character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV