Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 02:39 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,386,181 times

Advertisements

What we need, folks, is a little music to set the mood:

YouTube - True Blood Opening Credits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 03:16 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,546,503 times
If the opening credits haven't won any awards, it is a travesty. Too cool! I planned my whole day around TB yesterday. I wasn't disappointed. I am wondering what the wheel thing was for also? Looked like they had a bucket to use for the bathroom and they had to turn to get to it? Or am I missing something?

To become a vampire (answering another post) I think the person has to be drained almost competely and then ingest a lot of VB. I sometimes get confused about that since every vampire story is a little different.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:36 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,253,962 times
I like the opening credits except for the time speed maggoty fox - thats just over the top disgusting. I like to combine a treat of ice cream with a favorite show and that maggoty fox just ruins everything.

Do we need a read all the books seen all the episodes spoilers thread? I would like to be able to discuss past, present characters and guesses about the future of the show vs. the book.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:03 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,135,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
Ditto that. Eric is such a hottie with his foil highlights. I'm hoping we see a lot more of him... a lot more . I loved Bill and Sookie sex scene - I'm sure it's easier for them when you're actually dating in real life. Sad we didn't get to see Jason's abs this week - I so look forward to that! .
Jason looked a little thin last night. Or was that all in my head???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Do we need a read all the books seen all the episodes spoilers thread? I would like to be able to discuss past, present characters and guesses about the future of the show vs. the book.
I have the books and have read #1, but I like the series so much I'm afraid to spoil it by reading more. However, my friends say that this first epi of season 2 is very different from the book.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:23 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,667,344 times
I read the first book last year and figured I didn't want to spoil the show, so I will wait and read the books later. I think to become a vampire..when bill "made" jessica, he had to nearly drain her, then sleep in the ground with her. It is all a little sketchey! I don't recall all of the details.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:33 PM

295 posts, read 839,647 times
Don't worry about the books spoiling the series. I've read all nine books and I still really enjoy the series. The differences between the two are really interesting.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,274,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
what did you all think? There's something with Bill that isn't right ... could be me, I don't know. Not sure what the dungeon is. What is that thing they are turning?
It almost looked a sundial or something when they pointed the camera upwards. The dungeon scene was very creepy. I'm glad to see Bill is an environmentalist and recycles. I laughed at loud when he was instructing the young vampire how to recycle.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
If the opening credits haven't won any awards, it is a travesty. Too cool! I planned my whole day around TB yesterday. I wasn't disappointed. I am wondering what the wheel thing was for also? Looked like they had a bucket to use for the bathroom and they had to turn to get to it? Or am I missing something?

To become a vampire (answering another post) I think the person has to be drained almost competely and then ingest a lot of VB. I sometimes get confused about that since every vampire story is a little different.
The Chris Isaac song could not be more perfect for the opening. I love the opening of True Blood.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Last night was great! I also loved the Eric scene. Of course, I wish he would have been in more scenes, but... Sookie and Bill are so hot together. Sookie gets pissed so often though. I wanted to scream at the tv that he almost fried for her so she should cut him a little slack! LOL
I was really happy that Lafayette wasn't in Andy's car. It should be interesting to see if they really turn him.
I wonder if they're still dating. I love LaFayette.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:10 PM

What was with the Greek or Roman God Pan (forgot which, used to read mythology as a teenager) pictured in the gazebo? And how will that relate to the story?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV