Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 11:18 AM

821 posts, read 2,042,853 times

Advertisements

I loved Romper Room - My husband never heard of it I loved it when they used to sit on the steps for story time or get the phone call and what was going to happen for the day... well i tried to find it on you tube but came up with nothing :-(

Anyway - I also watched land of the lost, Transformers, GI Joe (I have brothers) Flinstones, superfriends, Jem, She-ra, He-man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 11:20 AM

821 posts, read 2,042,853 times
Does anyone beside me remember
I believe it was on superfriends
They were the Wonder Twins - they would say something like
Wonder twin Power Activate and then turn into something.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:44 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,666,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC JC Mom View Post

http://www.mepierdo.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/wonder-twins1.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-20-2008, 04:03 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,743,190 times
Who Remembers Top Cat, Heckle and Jeckle, Deputy Dog,UnderDog and Felix The Cat?

Old 11-20-2008, 11:42 PM

3,321 posts, read 4,151,994 times
I remember Felix the Cat........"Felix the cat, the wonderful wonderful cat, whenever he gets in a fix, he reaches into his bag of tricks, Felix the cat, the wonderful wonderful cat, you'll laugh so much your sides will ache and your heart will go pitter pat, watching Felix, the wonderful cat.

I actually have some of the original Felix the Cat cartoons from the early 1920's, the ones made in the 50's were much better of course. Liked the one where Felix goes up against "The Master Cylinder" Always enjoyed them on a local childrens show that ran for decades here on WOI TV "Betty Lou and The House With the Magic Window" which also featured "Tales From the Riverbank" about the hamsters that drove around in toy cars and motorboats.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:08 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,398,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC JC Mom View Post
Wonder Twins...Activate!

Form of *something made of water* (boy twin)

Form of *some animal* (girl twin)

Old 11-21-2008, 05:33 PM

3,321 posts, read 4,151,994 times
"The Herculoids" and "Johnny Quest" need to be recognized as great Vietnam era cartoons. I think they were trying to teach the little tikes how to fight like a soldier and "destroy" the enemy (with extra emphases on destroy). The voices for the characters on JQ were especially good, such as Race Bannon and the many villians such as Dr. Zen.

Have to admit that the only newer cartoon that I could enjoy in the 80's was GI Joe. The serial plot where they dug up the most evil leaders of history to combine their DNA into a new Cobra leader to replace the failed "Cobra Commander" was very entertaining. Shipwreck and Sargent Slaughter were good characters in the series, and of course, Destro. "Superfriends" did a good job with the Hall of Doom thing, but GI Joe creators built well upon the supervillian theme with "Cobra"

Old 11-23-2008, 02:00 PM

465 posts, read 1,421,784 times
GI joe till death baby! The GI Joe movie was the most gangster cartoon movie ever.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:10 PM

436 posts, read 1,351,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Grape Ape- The Banana Splits Show-Flash Gordon-Romper Room
Yes, I loved Banana Splits! I'm humming the theme song as I type. Good memories!

Also liked Scooby Doo (not Scrappy Doo), the Jetsons and the Flintstones. Those were my cartoon mainstays back in the day.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:08 PM

12,973 posts, read 34,041,878 times
There are some great shows listed here. Some of my favorites:

Lidsville
H.R. Pufinstuff
Superfriends and Legion of Doom
Land of the Lost
Banana Splits
Thundar the Barbarian (and Okla the Mock)
Fat Albert
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV