Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 12:57 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,537,465 times

Advertisements

And they've gone out and found some real heavy weights. 3.5 tons of them. If this is like any other season there will be some REAL transformations. This show above all others is Life Changing. Some of them likely living much longer and with higher quality of life.

Last Season they had some of the Meanest women to have ever played the game - Vickie and Heba. Gotta wonder if anyone can ever live up to the standards they set for mean-ness.

Hopefully that part of the game is beyond these folks. This is far too important, thier lives are at stake.

It was GREAT to see Jillian return to the Winner Circle against Bob. Let's see if she can keep it up. Who will she be training?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 02:08 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,125,899 times
I'm going to watch, but I will stop if they bring on more nasty contestants like Vickie and Heba.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:15 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,682,080 times
Yeah, I'm glad that Vicki's stupid self won't be on there this season. I still don't think they painted her with a broad brush or anything--she gave us what she really is in real life. Here's to a great season--the DVR's already set!

Old 01-07-2009, 09:08 AM

4,363 posts, read 6,537,465 times
Day One - Another round of reality for some fairly comfortable folks. Comfortable on the couch that is. Seeing them being introduced to the world of work and hurt is something else.

I loved how they spied on them as they were asked to work out on thier own. Old guy nearly bought it. I just wonder how they expect him to adjust to a life style of physical work at this point in his life.

The twist of fate this time is that nearly every team had to send home one member. The remaining contestant has to hope to remain for 30 days to allow thier partner to come back. Like one cast member said: This is a dose of reality - for most of us are at home ourselves trying to get healthy. It has to be done at home, not many of us have the luxury of shows like The Biggest Loser.

Seemingly no Heba's or Vickies.... Yea!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 09:30 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,125,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
Yeah, I'm glad that Vicki's stupid self won't be on there this season. I still don't think they painted her with a broad brush or anything--she gave us what she really is in real life.
I completely agree. It would be a little hard for them to edit all that smirking and talking about how she was there for the money.

Was anyone else surprised by last night? I understand sending the contestants home because so many people have to lose the weight at home alone, but the contestants have so much weight to lose. It would seem like this twist would have been a little better for them weeks into the game after they've received more training and tips from Bob and Jillian.

Also, are they extending the season? Won't it take much longer than the normal season for many of them to get near their goal weight?

Old 01-07-2009, 11:01 AM

631 posts, read 1,887,140 times
I haven't watched The Biggest Loser since Season 3 but I got hooked again last night. So far I like this years group. It was such a moving season opener. Seems like they are all off to an amazing start because those were some huge numbers everyone dropped last night. I was stunned.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:47 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,223,434 times
It just seems like this group is a nicer bunch of people overall so far. Did you see how everyone was so concerned about Jerry? And some mentioned having friends there already, etc. Maybe after the Stupid Vicki Syndrome the producers decided to get NICE people for the show. Seems that it would be more motivating to all!

Old 01-07-2009, 04:12 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,682,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Was anyone else surprised by last night? I understand sending the contestants home because so many people have to lose the weight at home alone, but the contestants have so much weight to lose. It would seem like this twist would have been a little better for them weeks into the game after they've received more training and tips from Bob and Jillian.

Also, are they extending the season? Won't it take much longer than the normal season for many of them to get near their goal weight?
I think, personally, that they're gonna bring Kim (the blonde one who was on the 50-state season) back from a few seasons back. I read somewhere that she was returning this season. My theory is that the folks who went home last night will return in a few weeks and there will be three teams. Of course, I could be wrong, but if Kim is really coming back, that is probably the "catch" of the season.

My take on the first episode--I think Blaine is hot the way he is...couldn't even tell he was over 300 pounds! There are some very likeable people on the show this season...at least for now! I can't believe some of the preliminary weights...there are gonna be some huge weight losses throughout the season since so many men--and women--are at or near the 400 lb. mark.

I don't want to say I'm burned out from The Biggest Loser, but they've been playing back to back seasons for a while, haven't they? Granted, it's a good, mostly drama-free show, but they're producing seasons almost as quickly as MTV is producing The Real World and CBS is producing Survivor. I didn't watch the seasons in which the twin and the first woman won, so if my statement was inaccurate, I apologize. It just seemed that way, though.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:12 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,223,434 times
My husband said the exact same thing about bringing Kim back for the 9 who went home. We'll see if you guys are right about that!

One thing cool to share....we just joined a gym (due to inspiration from TBL) and guess what? They have TBL competition there starting in a few weeks! I am so excited! I'm not as big as the people on the show, but I certainly need to lose some weight. The big "prize" for winning is a free year's gym membership, plus they have a lot of other prizes along the way. We get trainers to work with us (unfortunately not Bob & Jillian!) and everything. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:02 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,795,824 times
I hate seeing people there just for the money.
A lot of times the wrong people end up going home.

I have loved the show from the first season but I am always curious as to how many people really keep the weight off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV