Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2011, 08:27 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,762,046 times

Advertisements

Thank you to the anonymous person person who ever so kindly increased my reputation and then ripped into me in that same rep for my opinon...

"Ash is the way she is because her Mom was chasing men at night & dumping her kid with whoever was willing to take her. She was a bad Mom in the formative yrs, this is why Ash has no substance. She was put on the back burner & paid of with "Stuff"."

Why not just post in the forum as a reply? But hey, thanks!!!

I still think Jac tried her best with what she was dealt and Ashley is ungrateful and blames her for everything when what she should be doing is kissing her butt and thanking her for the wonderful life she has now because of her. As I said she has more respect and love for the father who abandoned her than she does for her mom who busted her butt to give her a decent life when she was little. She is rude and disrespectful to everyone around her.

And as far as her drawing goes, she is an adult, if she wants to do something with her talent, then she can figure it out for herself. She doesn't need guidance to decide to go to school and make a career out of it. She has already said she won't ever have a boss because she isn't going to work for anyone but herself. Good luck with that honey.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:39 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,109,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
Thank you to the anonymous person person who ever so kindly increased my reputation and then ripped into me in that same rep for my opinon...

"Ash is the way she is because her Mom was chasing men at night & dumping her kid with whoever was willing to take her. She was a bad Mom in the formative yrs, this is why Ash has no substance. She was put on the back burner & paid of with "Stuff"."

Why not just post in the forum as a reply? But hey, thanks!!!

I still think Jac tried her best with what she was dealt and Ashley is ungrateful and blames her for everything when what she should be doing is kissing her butt and thanking her for the wonderful life she has now because of her. As I said she has more respect and love for the father who abandoned her than she does for her mom who busted her butt to give her a decent life when she was little. She is rude and disrespectful to everyone around her.

And as far as her drawing goes, she is an adult, if she wants to do something with her talent, then she can figure it out for herself. She doesn't need guidance to decide to go to school and make a career out of it. She has already said she won't ever have a boss because she isn't going to work for anyone but herself. Good luck with that honey.
wish i could rep you

Old 08-10-2011, 09:18 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,444,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post

A lot of nice kids would have turned out to be rude and disrespectful if they had been allowed. The only difference between them and Ashley is that they were not allowed!

As far as figuring out what to do, don't you think Ashley's statement about never having a boss shows how inexperienced and naive she is?

I don't think Ashley is endowed with tons of natural intelligence. Perhaps a more intelligent kid could do more on their own in spite of their parents not being involved. But that's not going to work for all kids.

The biggest difference in the level of success in children from different families is how involved the parents are.

Jac and Chris have only two modes. They're either giving Ashley extravagant material things or they're telling her off. Nothing constructive happens in between.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:45 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,829,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Well there are different forms of neglect I think. Ashley isn't neglected as far as material things, food, and a roof over her head.
Many people grow up without having 1% of what she has and still manage to succeed. Lacking any means is the last excuse she should use.

Quote:
They seem to think Ashley should be so grateful for the material gifts that she should become responsible. When does it ever work that way? They put the cart before the horse. They should teach responsibility, and only then give her perks.
:::applause:::

Quote:
Jacqueline keeps talking about how Ashley doesn't respect her. I think that's just LAME. It's up to the parent to teach their children to respect them!
:::applause:::

Shooting Stars makes excellent points.

Imo it takes some serious parenting skills to raise a child correctly. Say whatever you want, to each his own, but imo things like hard work and respect are worthy in every household.
Parenting is a job that takes many years, and must be done on a daily basis, from an early age. I guess one important thing to teach children is to not take things for granted and be thankful and appreciative of everything you have and everything people do, no matter if they are family or not.

I was raised - in an Italian family, btw - with much less than any kid on that show, but with a lot of love and with all my parents could afford to give me; it would sure be a cold day in hell before I disrespect them the way she does, though.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:54 AM

Yeah, I have considered Jac to be a very weak person since the show began.

You don't whine about how your child doesn't respect you, as if respect should be handed to you on a silver platter. You DEMAND respect.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:23 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,604,689 times
Quote:
Yeah, I have considered Jac to be a very weak person since the show began.

You don't whine about how your child doesn't respect you, as if respect should be handed to you on a silver platter. You DEMAND respect.
Or give them reason to respect you.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Or give them reason to respect you.
Well, when I say DEMAND respect, I mean don't put up with disrespect.

Jac does not act like she has any power at all.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:26 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,604,689 times
Quote:
Well, when I say DEMAND respect, I mean don't put up with disrespect.

Jac does not act like she has any power at all.
Yes. Agreed. When they behave disrespectfully, the answer is NOT to give them a new car. The answer is to (metaphorically - or hell, really) beeyowtch slap their ass so hard that when they wake up, their clothes be outta style.

I agree with this.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
beeyowtch slap their ass so hard that when they wake up, their clothes be outta style.
This is the first time I have laughed today. Thank you.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:51 AM

I think the blogger with a degree in psychology diagnosed Jac correctly. She thinks Jac has Self-Defeating Personality Disorder.

RHONJ’s Jacqueline Laurita : Self Defeating Personality Disorder | A Real Housewife's View

Excerpt: "Jacqueline’s relationship with her daughter Ashley is another problematic relationship. Time and again we see Jacqueline try to act tough then allow her daughter to walk all over her yet again. Ashley is constantly disrespectful and behaves badly towards her mother. Jacqueline has received plenty of good advice about the situation and yet she feeds the problem instead of dealing with it consistently and effectively. She talks a big game about putting her foot down but we see that it is just talk at the end of the day. She continues to justify her daughters actions and allow the pain it causes her to continue."

And the blogger brought up how Jac handles all her relationships on the show. There is a pattern of allowing herself to be taken advantage of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV