Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 12:57 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,385,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
They really need to stop telling Ashley all they have done for her.. Unless they are talking the last 2 years it is irrelevant.
I agree.

I also think the "intervention" thing at the restaurant was the stupidest thing ever. How was that supposed to help anything? Did they really think Ashley would melt and acquiesce, because they confronted her in a public place? If anything that kind of treatment would make most 20-year-olds even more rebellious - and clearly that's what happened.

She's 20, and she's on a reality show - so she can support herself - maybe not in the style she's accustomed to, but she'll be fine. So tell her she either needs to get a job OR go to school OR move out. Simple! No need to get all emotional about it - and force a big fight so they can toss her out. Just give her three options, and let her choose.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:03 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,337,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
They really need to stop telling Ashley all they have done for her.. Unless they are talking the last 2 years it is irrelevant. They chose to have her, she obviously feels that they think she was a mistake or more work than they bargained for. You don't tell your kids all your sacrafices. Shut up, if you didn't want to you could have aborted her. Jac chose to have a child young. She gave up her freedom etc of her own accord. Our children shouldnt hear talk like that. No wonder she's a cfuk up. Her self esteem is somehow intertwined with being the product of a failed divorce and young parents. She is a brat, but obviously they never got to the real issue between her mom and her.
Yes, agreed. Her mom seems to think that just because she CHOSE to have her and CHOSE to make those sacrifices that Ashley somehow owes her. That's not the way it works. If you don't raise your children to be grateful, they won't be grateful no matter how much sacrificing you did. Jac never installed a sense of appreciation in her daughter, so Ashley isn't appreciative. Simple as that.

I think Jac didn't really want Ashley because she was so young when she had her and feels REALLY GUILTY about that and she has tried to assuage her own guilty feelings by spoiling Ashley materialistically. To do so makes JAC FEEL BETTER, but that's why she does it, to make herself feel better. If she stopped and asked herself what would really help her daughter, she would have given her tough love instead of "things".

Giving you child stuff does not make them grateful. Teaching them appreciation and showing appreciation yourself teaches them to be thankful.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:06 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,337,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I agree.

I also think the "intervention" thing at the restaurant was the stupidest thing ever. How was that supposed to help anything? Did they really think Ashley would melt and acquiesce, because they confronted her in a public place? If anything that kind of treatment would make most 20-year-olds even more rebellious - and clearly that's what happened.

She's 20, and she's on a reality show - so she can support herself - maybe not in the style she's accustomed to, but she'll be fine. So tell her she either needs to get a job OR go to school OR move out. Simple! No need to get all emotional about it - and force a big fight so they can toss her out. Just give her three options, and let her choose.
I think they should let her move to Cali with their blessing, but not their money. She'll either sink or swim. Either way, she'll be forced to grow up, which is exactly what she should be doing at her age.

Also, if I were Ashley, I would just leave and try to make it on my own, by myself. I wouldn't be trying to talk them into giving me money. She'll never earn their respect, which is what she wants. She wants to stop being treated like a kid. That being the case, she should just go out on her own and try to carve her own way as an adult. She can't expect to be treated like an adult when she's taking handouts all the time.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:05 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,099,594 times
The Real Housewives series is so educational! This is what I learned last night:

1. My mom and Caroline both went to the same school of parenting. If I would have talked back to my mom or acted like Ashley did, I would have been smacked upside the head (with or without chopsticks depending if mom was eating or not) I loved Caroline's comment about her child would still be carrying around an ice pack after she got finished with them

2. You can be the best supporting cousin but if your cousin is a crackhead - then your cousin is a crackhead Lauren was trying to help Ashley but she won't take any responsibility for her own actions and just continues to whine and make excuses. Lauren should have been a loving cousin and smacked her upside her head. In a loving and supportive way of course

3. Teresa continues to be a classless and clueless. Maybe all that hair of her's is weighing down her brain Where (other than in Bam-Bam's World) does she think it is okay to sign someone's name to loan papers on a loan over a half a million and to think that they "won" according to their attorney. Wow - talk about being in La-La Land She was rude in sampling her cousin Kathy's food and the ugly green monster continues to rear it's ugliness. Despite her sister-in-law looking like a ho' from the back of her "outfit", she just wants to pick fights with everyone. Where does Melissa shop Jersey Ho's R Us

4. Here, here for Caroline apologizing to Kathy about her not previously giving her a chance

5. Bam-Bam never ceases to disgust me. He always plays the victim to all his legal matters. Hmmm...one common thread in your legal woes - it's you

Old 08-22-2011, 07:36 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,820,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
1. My mom and Caroline both went to the same school of parenting.
So did my mom, George. And she was a hell of a good mom!
There is no possible way I would dare talking back at her the way that girl does to Jacqueline.
There was a time when addressing one's mom already had "respect" included in the package, and this is the time my mom was from.

I am sorry for Jacqueline, but I think her daughter behaves that way bc she allows her to.

Having divorced parents was a difficult thing until about 30 years ago; today there are probably more divorced parents than married ones, and it is absolutely no excuse for this kind of behavior. Not to mention Jacqueline's husband is incredibly generous to foot the bill for a daughter that is not even his in the first place. He has no obligation whatsoever when it comes to Jacqueline's daughter so imo she should be thanking him and showing some appreciation by being a great student and/or a very hard worker.

Granted her daughter did not ask Jacqueline to keep her but she could be a little appreciative of the sacrifices Jacqueline did for her especially considering she was 20 at the time and that is tough when one is that young. She really has a nerve to tell Jacqueline "at least she does not have a baby at 20", I just couldn't believe how disrespectful she was.

If it were my daughter, "under my roof, under my rules"; if I am a good mother yet she is not happy about it the exit door is right there.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:23 AM

1,488 posts, read 2,613,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Or give them reason to respect you.
I don't agree with this. When it comes to parents, even if my mother was a crack-head, I have to love and respect her because she is my mother. Not saying I have to be a slave to any type of crazy demands an unstable person would make, but simply love and show respect to her.

I've heard the saying that 'respect must be earned.' Well in some cases, yes. Perhaps when it comes to business and professional atmospheres etc., etc. we have to earn 'respect', our position, our place. On the other hand, I always thought that we should treat others as we want to be treated; meaning we should show respect and kindness to others regardless if it is earned or not, which should be the case especially when it comes to family and friends IMO.

I understand that parents sometimes make mistakes in raising their children, but I agree that Jac and Chris are not helping Ashley at all, and Jac acts like a child herself:

-She gossips all day with her girlfriends

-When Chris is talking to Ashley, Jac talks at her in the background

-She whines about Ashley

-"Ashley didn't get me anything for X-mas"

I was like "seriously?" I wouldn't dare expect gifts from my son, no matter the occasion. The best gift he could ever give me is for him to be happy, responsible, wise, and successful, which is why I am instilling those qualities in him from childhood. No one knows what their child is going to be like when they get older, but as long as the parent is confident that they've done the best they can in raising them, then they shouldn't hang their head down when things go awry.

Even without the guidance and other types of dysfunction with her parents, Ashley still should respect them. OK, so maybe she wasn't taught, but she's 20 years old and by now she knows right from wrong. No one can go their entire lives saying "I didn't know because my parents didn't teach me." There is always guidance and good examples of respect outside the home. Ashley even see's it with the Manzo's and I bet she wouldn't talk to Caroline that way. She talks to Jac crazy because she knows she can get away with it.

Jac and Ash are both at fault for their fooked up relationship.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:10 PM

542 posts, read 1,100,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
The Real Housewives series is so educational! This is what I learned last night:

1. My mom and Caroline both went to the same school of parenting. If I would have talked back to my mom or acted like Ashley did, I would have been smacked upside the head (with or without chopsticks depending if mom was eating or not) I loved Caroline's comment about her child would still be carrying around an ice pack after she got finished with them

2. You can be the best supporting cousin but if your cousin is a crackhead - then your cousin is a crackhead Lauren was trying to help Ashley but she won't take any responsibility for her own actions and just continues to whine and make excuses. Lauren should have been a loving cousin and smacked her upside her head. In a loving and supportive way of course

3. Teresa continues to be a classless and clueless. Maybe all that hair of her's is weighing down her brain Where (other than in Bam-Bam's World) does she think it is okay to sign someone's name to loan papers on a loan over a half a million and to think that they "won" according to their attorney. Wow - talk about being in La-La Land She was rude in sampling her cousin Kathy's food and the ugly green monster continues to rear it's ugliness. Despite her sister-in-law looking like a ho' from the back of her "outfit", she just wants to pick fights with everyone. Where does Melissa shop Jersey Ho's R Us

4. Here, here for Caroline apologizing to Kathy about her not previously giving her a chance

5. Bam-Bam never ceases to disgust me. He always plays the victim to all his legal matters. Hmmm...one common thread in your legal woes - it's you

Include my mom in this too! If i spoke to my mom like that today, she would kill me and i'm over 40 w/a soon to be adult child! The thing is, no matter how mad my mom made me, i have never wanted to curse her out, call her names, etc. I acutally LOVE my mother, and the reason why she has never had to mention what she has done for me is b/c i have EYES. I've seen her accomplish so much for herself while taking care of us, she gets nothing but respect from me. There's never been a day in my life where i felt like she had to "earn" respect from me. Who the hell am i to tell my mother she has to earn respect from me?? Kids think they're on the same level as their parents, and they're not. It doesn't matter how old i get, or how much i accomplish, me and my mom ARE NOT on the same level. I will always lookup to her.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:49 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,613,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeNYCer View Post
Include my mom in this too! If i spoke to my mom like that today, she would kill me and i'm over 40 w/a soon to be adult child! The thing is, no matter how mad my mom made me, i have never wanted to curse her out, call her names, etc. I acutally LOVE my mother, and the reason why she has never had to mention what she has done for me is b/c i have EYES. I've seen her accomplish so much for herself while taking care of us, she gets nothing but respect from me. There's never been a day in my life where i felt like she had to "earn" respect from me. Who the hell am i to tell my mother she has to earn respect from me?? Kids think they're on the same level as their parents, and they're not. It doesn't matter how old i get, or how much i accomplish, me and my mom ARE NOT on the same level. I will always lookup to her.
Exactly what I think. I was fortunate enough to have a great mom, but she didn't have a good mother (my grandma). And guess what, my mother still respects and loves my grandma to this day simply because she is her mom. I've never heard that parents need to earn respect from their kids. That idea is very new to me

Old 08-22-2011, 03:54 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,712,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I agree.

I don't understand why the bio-father doesn't just say, "you know what, you don't like it here, you come to Texas with me." Why don't they do that so she can get the father's rules now. She doesn't like Mom's rules so now let's see how Dad does. If she likes it, great, if she doesn't then it's not the location that is the issue, it is the person.
I also feel for her cousin who has given Ashley a chance to do a logo for her and Ash has done nothing. She is just throwing away that chance because the cousin doesn't like it--she is your client, suck it up and give the client what she wants.
I just hope my kids don't turn out like this, watching Ashley call her mom a ***** and what else makes me cringe...

Old 08-22-2011, 04:30 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,810,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
I don't understand why the bio-father doesn't just say, "you know what, you don't like it here, you come to Texas with me." Why don't they do that so she can get the father's rules now. She doesn't like Mom's rules so now let's see how Dad does. If she likes it, great, if she doesn't then it's not the location that is the issue, it is the person.
I also feel for her cousin who has given Ashley a chance to do a logo for her and Ash has done nothing. She is just throwing away that chance because the cousin doesn't like it--she is your client, suck it up and give the client what she wants.
I just hope my kids don't turn out like this, watching Ashley call her mom a ***** and what else makes me cringe...
I don't have a link so can only say I read recently that Ashley is living in Texas with her bio dad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.