Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:06 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times

Advertisements

Last week's episode (3/23/09) was one of the best since the first season. Tonight's episode was really good, too.

The plot is coherent again. Even better, the story is intriguing again. The dialogue not only has stopped causing my ears physical pain, but it's actually good. There's emotion in the story. The direction is interesting. And they're even putting great music in the episodes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 09:43 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,350,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Last week's episode (3/23/09) was one of the best since the first season. Tonight's episode was really good, too.

The plot is coherent again. Even better, the story is intriguing again. The dialogue not only has stopped causing my ears physical pain, but it's actually good. There's emotion in the story. The direction is interesting. And they're even putting great music in the episodes.
hmm, you're making me want to watch again. granted, I'm horribly behind so I'll likely have to catch up over the summer. so I guess this mean Bryan Fuller performed a miracle and helped turn this show around as was assumed when he came back

Old 03-31-2009, 10:12 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
I so agree - I thought the last two episodes were excellent. I really appreciate the focus on fewer characters and deeper storylines.

Another thing that struck me last night is how much better the acting is all of a sudden.

Not to give anything away, but for those who watched - how cool was that last scene? 'Funny how that works', indeed.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:23 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times
I'm not completely sold yet but its improving. There are a couple characters who really get to much time without much story. But I like that the bad guy is back and up to his previous MO.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
hmm, you're making me want to watch again. granted, I'm horribly behind so I'll likely have to catch up over the summer. so I guess this mean Bryan Fuller performed a miracle and helped turn this show around as was assumed when he came back
I don't know if the sudden 1000% improvement of the show can be laid at Bryan Fuller's feet. But there's no doubt the guy has written some of the show's best episodes.

I'm still sad that Pushing Daisies had to die to get him back though.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:20 AM

1,694 posts, read 5,683,731 times
My favorite show at the moment..I didn't watch for a long time until a friend convinced me so I've only seen the last say 6 or 7 episodes and it really made me love it in that short time. I wanted to buy the first two seasons but not if they where "bad"..what do you guys think? is it worth the buy? Because these last episodes I have seen (especially the last 3) have been very good.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
My favorite show at the moment..I didn't watch for a long time until a friend convinced me so I've only seen the last say 6 or 7 episodes and it really made me love it in that short time. I wanted to buy the first two seasons but not if they where "bad"..what do you guys think? is it worth the buy? Because these last episodes I have seen (especially the last 3) have been very good.
The first season ranges from good to really good. The second season ranges from good to so-so to bad. Season three had been pretty bad up until the last few episodes.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:23 AM

1,694 posts, read 5,683,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The first season ranges from good to really good. The second season ranges from good to so-so to bad. Season three had been pretty bad up until the last few episodes.
Thanks! I'll probably buy the first one and wait to buy the 2nd later just so I know everything that happened,the last episode was incredibly good though so I'm actually excited for monday lol. And I usually don't get excited over tv shows,even ones I like.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:50 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,522,024 times
I know this has been one of the few shows that has really gotten me excited to tune in.. missed Monday due to a prior obligation. Watching the show from 4/13 online right now!

Old 04-19-2009, 05:11 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,767,175 times
with just a few episodes left before the season is over I'm expecting big things to occur to bring the whole Danko, Sylar, mutant hunt storyline to a close. The show lost some decent characters along the way (Daphne, Tracy) but it's par for the course
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV