Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who should be the American Idol?
Adam Lambert 28 59.57%
Kris Allen 19 40.43%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 08:58 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,453,396 times

Advertisements

Down to the final two!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 09:03 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Will Danny voters vote for Kris? I personally think he promotes a better image, but since when has that mattered in the music industry?

Old 05-14-2009, 09:05 AM

We don't really know what Danny voters will do, but this poll is just to express your personal opinion, who deserves the AI title this year.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:09 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,292,219 times
I know Adam Lambert is really different, hes got the "gay factor," and his appearance is in tune with what most teenagers and preteens are trying to pull off, but I dont think his musical talent is as good as Kris Allens and I think Kris has the ability to have more lasting power than Adam. Plus I like Kris' voice much better

Old 05-14-2009, 09:45 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
t I dont think his musical talent is as good as Kris Allens and I think Kris has the ability to have more lasting power than Adam.
Not to disrespect your opinion, but you think Kris has more musical talent than Adam? If you mean playing instruments, maybe, but Adam can certainly learn to play an instrument if he had too.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:20 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,862,062 times
I think Adam should win. He's got tons of talent, he's current, there's a market for him. But personally, I like Kris better and would buy his CD over Adam's. I'm just too old to be into music that Adam might put out. I have always been a Kris fan, but Adam has certainly earned his spot in the final two. He's great. Either way will be fine since they both will get record deals.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:25 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,292,219 times
Im not talking about the instruments, Im talking about his voice - it is more mainstream and I think that gives him the edge. Adam Lambert reminds me of a fly by night fad, does he have the talent to expand himself and develop range? But I think he certainly earned his spot because he played the game very well by being so different from the other contestants.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:32 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Adam reminds me of a modern day Billy Idol...

Old 05-14-2009, 10:50 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,532,564 times
I agree with you little elmer, however I really want Adam to win...it might however destory Adam if he does. AI has this harsh contract that he would have to abide by and basically sing what they tell him to sing.....if Kris wins this will fit him. Adam needs elbow room, he has made it this far...I promise if he doesn't win those record exec. are waiting to get him signed...they see BIG $$$ with Adam. Although it would be crazy for A1 to lose out on Adam $$, but Kris is awesome too. I still thought it should have been Adam and Allison! Kris is good he might make it somewhere.

After AI is done, you will probably hear Kanya complaining to the media about Randy's comment. Heck he might even sue Randy, that's how BIG his ego is!

I think Kris did an awesome job on that song! I did in fact like it better then Kanya's version.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
I promise if he doesn't win those record exec. are waiting to get him signed...they see BIG $$$ with Adam.
I guess I fail to distinguish between non-AI record execs and AI record execs... I think in many cases they are one and the same... Like Clive Davis that was on AI once and was claimed to be THE one an AI winner would work with...

Any producer will make a singer to sing what he thinks will bring in more $$$ so why AI producers are portrayed as more wolverish, is beyond me. The two stringencies imposed on the AI winner (and all the finalists) are: they can't talk or write about how AI worked and the behind-the-scene stuff, and AI has the rights to anything connecting an AI contestant to AI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV