Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 07:13 PM

549 posts, read 1,931,086 times

Advertisements

I want to say about a decade ago, I saw something on TV. I think it was in color, so I don't believe it was too old. Though, for some reason, I keep thinking it was an episode from the Twilight Zone. I'm pretty sure it was on the Sci Fi channel.

So, what was the story about? Military individuals (maybe in pairs) were stationed underground in separate military bases scattered around the world. They didn't have communication with the outside world. However, they did communicate with one another via a big screen that took up like one wall. They played board games with each other (like chess) to pass the time. I think there was a romance that took place? Later on, communication was lost with people. The last person discovered that the world was taken over by aliens and people were being enslaved by them.

So, does this sound familiar to anyone? Movie or show? Was this just a stupid dream of mine that I thought (for years) was a show?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 09:37 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,149,611 times
Yes, it was an Outer Limits episode; the new one from the 90s. I"m sure a wiki will tell you the episode.

ETA:
Check Wikipedia. Dead Man's Switch (season 3 episode 13).

Last edited by anadyr21; 05-27-2009 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: found it?

Old 05-27-2009, 09:46 PM

549 posts, read 1,931,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
Yes, it was an Outer Limits episode; the new one from the 90s. I"m sure a wiki will tell you the episode.

ETA:
Check Wikipedia. Dead Man's Switch (season 3 episode 13).
Wow! I very much appreciate your work. I was thinking about this for years.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:46 AM

28 posts, read 88,694 times
Another way of looking something up is at
http://www.imdb.com
it's called internet movie data base.

If you know something about the movie/series enter it in the search box. Sometimes I know someone that was in the movie/series and you can look them up then you can see all the movies/series they were ever in.
It gives you birth dates, hometown etc.

Daniel ..................... Toronto, Canada
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV