Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 05:24 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,851,661 times

Advertisements

That guy was such a brat on last night's episode. He was looking for a place in Downtown Chicago and had something insignificant to whine about in each place. All those places were amazing! I would love to have those choices when I start looking for a new place. The guy was smart to save his money so that he could afford such nice places but I thought it was lame when he was hoping the inspection would fail so he could back out of signing on the place he bid on. That was truly a frustrating episode to watch. But I think I still like it better than House Hunters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 07:07 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,390,609 times
Each place had it's own charm- I liked the duplex on Montrose (Uptown).....Honestly I don't think he was a big fan of the area though- you know it's kind of sketchy over there. I don't know what the guy thought he was going to get with 350k in Lincoln Park though.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:53 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
I didn't see that episode. I do like watching the show when it is in Denver. It is interesting to see what you can get in different parts of town. It always frustrates me when they have to get creative with their financing and have no money down. I wish they'd follow up and see who lost their homes and who managed to keep them.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:47 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
I got so irked with that guy in that episode that i turned off the TV. I usually like that show, plus House Hunters, and all the others, and that's the first time I couldn't watch it because of a spoiled rotten male that didn't like anything. His partner should be thinking of trading that guy in for a better one.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:17 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Has anyone watched "Investment Property" on HGTV? I am really addicted to it. I don't know why because I am not interested in having rentals. I know too many people who spend too many hours dealing with tenants.

It probably has something to do with the fact that the places are originally dumps and the investment advisor/renovator turns them into something stunning.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:13 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,297,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I didn't see that episode. I do like watching the show when it is in Denver. It is interesting to see what you can get in different parts of town. It always frustrates me when they have to get creative with their financing and have no money down. I wish they'd follow up and see who lost their homes and who managed to keep them.
That would be mean! I doubt anyone would want to show the world they lost their house.

I haven't seen the episode, but I like this series even more than House Hunters.

One episode (either HH or MFP) featured a woman in her 20s in Dallas who ended up not buying anything because her mom feared for her safety. The woman looked like she was going to get a home until Mama wouldn't let her. Grow up already.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:17 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
It always frustrates me when they have to get creative with their financing and have no money down. I wish they'd follow up and see who lost their homes and who managed to keep them.
I always wonder how some of the people are even taken seriously by banks and mortgage companies in this market. I saw an episode once where a medical assistant and his wife (who worked part time at a call center) were trying to buy a 200K house. They had no down payment and his credit was "questionable." Boggled my mind

Old 05-24-2009, 08:26 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
That would be mean! I doubt anyone would want to show the world they lost their house.

I haven't seen the episode, but I like this series even more than House Hunters.

One episode (either HH or MFP) featured a woman in her 20s in Dallas who ended up not buying anything because her mom feared for her safety. The woman looked like she was going to get a home until Mama wouldn't let her. Grow up already.
You're right. It wouldn't be very nice. I just always wonder how they turn out.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:14 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,851,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Has anyone watched "Investment Property" on HGTV? I am really addicted to it. I don't know why because I am not interested in having rentals. I know too many people who spend too many hours dealing with tenants.

It probably has something to do with the fact that the places are originally dumps and the investment advisor/renovator turns them into something stunning.

I watched it yesterday. This lady was having her basement redone to rent it out. It was also a difficult episode to get through because of all her crying. The end result was amazing. To turn that mess of a basement into a livable space was interesting to watch. There was just something about her personality that turned me off. I would hate to have her as a landlord.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:14 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,160,787 times
I don't know; I thought the mother was just concerned for her daughter. Didn't bother me. Didn't make her a bad mom and the daughter seemed to want her mom's input. Which makes it not my business to judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV