Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 09:14 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,509,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Last night's program was another example of the increasing compartmentalization on the show....the guys interacting in one location, the gals interacting in another.

Unlike Caladium, I enjoyed the gals dissect the comic book scenes, it was clever, reminded me a bit of the moral argument over killing the contract workers who were completing the Death Star in the movie "Clerks."
The conversation the girls were getting into is the kind of conversation I'd like to have more often.
I was kind of sad they didn't show what happened when the guys joined the fracas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 11:58 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,215,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The conversation the girls were getting into is the kind of conversation I'd like to have more often.
As would I. I present to you the beginnings of just such an opportunity...
//www.city-data.com/forum/athei...ts-demons.html

Old 01-11-2013, 02:01 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,142,242 times
The conversation about Thor's sword was funny, but the whole set up to get to that joke was what seemed lacking. It's like these girls have nothing better to do than do cliche girlie things--slumber parties, singles bars, buying bridesmaid dresses, and above all else having every activity show that they are focusing on their guys 24/7.

Didn't they have any interests before they met the guys?

For example, maybe Bernadette and Amy could discover they have a shared interest in car mechanics. I can believe both of them would know a thing or two about a car and have some scientific ways of looking at basic car repairs. That in itself could have created an interesting plot. They could get together to show Penny how to fix something. They could have worked in the conversation about Thor's Sword while also having something interesting that tells us a little bit about them. This year the girls are starting to seem more and more like cardboard figures.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:04 PM

The conversation about Thor's sword was funny, but the whole set up to get to that joke was what seemed lacking. It's like these girls have nothing better to do than do cliche girlie things--slumber parties, singles bars, buying bridesmaid dresses, and above all else having every activity show that they are focusing on their guys 24/7.

Didn't they have any interests before they met the guys?

For example, maybe Bernadette and Amy could discover they have a shared interest in car mechanics. I can believe both of them would know a thing or two about a car and have some scientific ways of looking at basic car repairs. That in itself could create more interesting jokes than the boring "sitting around with nothing better to do in our lives than focus on our men" schtick. They could get together to show Penny how to fix something. They could have worked in the conversation about Thor's Sword while while working on the car, and that would give us a side plot that was more interesting and would tell us a little bit about them. This year the girls are starting to seem more and more like cardboard figures.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:54 PM

4,691 posts, read 308,182 times
I would like to see Penny be more successful either in her acting career or something new. Even going back to college would introduce some new story lines for her.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:03 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,589,711 times
It's a show, just enjoy it.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:11 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,181,631 times
Since Kaley is now doing a Priceline commericial with Shatner maybe they could have Penny FINALLY get a good commercial and tie it into the Real one

Old 01-11-2013, 05:34 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,215,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
The conversation about Thor's sword was funny, but the whole set up to get to that joke was what seemed lacking .
I agree that the set up was awkwardly handled, but felt that the execution compensated for this by being well written and performed.

And better a bad set up that yields comedy fruit anyway, than a good lead in which winds up going nowhere. If I was a fan of the latter I would devote myself to watching Saturday Night Live reruns. That is, and unfortunately has been for a long time, their specialty.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Since Kaley is now doing a Priceline commericial with Shatner maybe they could have Penny FINALLY get a good commercial and tie it into the Real one
What a great idea--I love inside jokes like that!

Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 PM

11,663 posts, read 12,765,329 times
Penny is taking college classes but they never show her in class. At least, not yet.

I liked this last episode with the comic book arguments and the guys getting stranded in their Star Trek costumes. And yeah, I guess I am a sadist. I liked the jokes about Penny being a slow reader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV