Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 01:06 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,337,936 times

Advertisements

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I like Bethanny's show because I find it completely fascinating that a woman can build herself up from average woman to one-woman-empire almost completely on her own. Her show showcases how she's doing it, which I find interesting. Plus, I really enjoy Bethanny's personality and takes on things.

Adrienne Maloof is already there, we would just see her running her day-to-day businesses, which is no small feat that she's successful, but there's no drama. It would be like watching someone run a Burger King. Boring. imo. Also, she so self-edited and guarded on camera that I don't feel like I get to see the "real" Adrienne. also boring, imo.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:07 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,813,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I don't think any of the housewives in any of the "franchises" show anything.

My thought of Adrienne and Paul having a spinoff would be to show what an amazing businesswoman she is, show her with her family (including brothers, kids), and, of course, Paul's practice. Put that together with the "bickering" and all the other "Beverly Hills" stuff (parties, events, etc) and you have a show.
can totally see that
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
That sure beats the heck out of Bethany Ever After. I have only watched her show once. BORING! Adrienne's life is so much more interesting than Bethany's.
for real!!! I've watched every episode of Bethenny and have yet to see her really showcase what exactly it is she does. Heck I rarely see her cook.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:08 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,206,856 times
Kyle seems really insecure to me, I can't imagine getting into a physical altercation with an obviously drunk woman. If that was my fiancee' I would probably laugh, then find who she came with to take her drunk butt home. I know my guy would never mess around, I don't need to go all ghetto on skanky drunk women. I think Mauricio was trying to be polite, or was just unsure of what to do, the woman was big and resting all her weight on him, he would have had to use some force to push her away.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
for real!!! I've watched every episode of Bethenny and have yet to see her really showcase what exactly it is she does. Heck I rarely see her cook.
Last season she was writing a book, doing tours and getting ready for her baby. THAT'S her career. She doesn't have a 9-5 like most people.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Kyle seems really insecure to me, I can't imagine getting into a physical altercation with an obviously drunk woman. If that was my fiancee' I would probably laugh, then find who she came with to take her drunk butt home. I know my guy would never mess around, I don't need to go all ghetto on skanky drunk women. I think Mauricio was trying to be polite, or was just unsure of what to do, the woman was big and resting all her weight on him, he would have had to use some force to push her away.
I totally don't understand these 40 - 50-year-olds being "not sure what to do" in these situations. Don't most people learn how to deal with drunk and inappropriate people in college or in their early 20s? I mean, I could see not knowing how to handle it if he was 22. But 42? (or however old he is). Really?

Old 02-09-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I totally don't understand these 40 - 50-year-olds being "not sure what to do" in these situations. Don't most people learn how to deal with drunk and inappropriate people in college or in their early 20s? I mean, I could see not knowing how to handle it if he was 22. But 42? (or however old he is). Really?
Whether you are 22 or 40, dealing with very drunk people is not easy and every situation is different. I went to more than my share of my parties in my twenties, I never found a magic answer for handling every drunk obnoxious person.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:27 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,813,945 times
Quote:
Last season she was writing a book, doing tours and getting ready for her baby. THAT'S her career. She doesn't have a 9-5 like most people.
I said I watched every episode
No need to CAP things--that won't make it more clear

I meant I did not see her actually doing anything in regards to her business. I saw her assistants doing things. I don't see Bethenny actually cooking,running a business,writing a book..........I see little work going on in her itty bitty apt.;which doesn't make me feel she's a really successful business woman.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Whether you are 22 or 40, dealing with very drunk people is not easy and every situation is different. I went to more than my share of my parties in my twenties, I never found a magic answer for handling every drunk obnoxious person.
The answer for this situation would be for Mauricio to take her firmly by the shoulders, look straight into her eyes and say, "I'm flattered but I'm married and not interested." Then, to turn away from her and ignore her for the rest of the night. Easy peasy imo.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I said I watched every episode
No need to CAP things--that won't make it more clear

I meant I did not see her actually doing anything in regards to her business. I saw her assistants doing things. I don't see Bethenny actually cooking,running a business,writing a book..........I see little work going on in her itty bitty apt.;which doesn't make me feel she's a really successful business woman.
I guess what wasn't clear to me is how you could "watch every show" but not recognize that what she was doing was work. lol I think you STILL don't recognize it. I guess the fact that she doesn't have a billion dollar mansion in Beverly Hills makes her unsuccessful. Or the fact that she doesn't have a desk job means she doesn't work.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
The answer for this situation would be for Mauricio to take her firmly by the shoulders, look straight into her eyes and say, "I'm flattered but I'm married and not interested." Then, to turn away from her and ignore her for the rest of the night. Easy peasy imo.
Easy peasy for someone who is sober, and in hindsight. Mauricio was drinking too, and I'm sure not thinking that clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV