Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Ross cheated on Rachel even thougth they were on a break??
Yes it was cheating, being on a break does not mean breaking up. 18 24.32%
No it wasn't cheating, they were on a break. 56 75.68%
I am female. 38 51.35%
I am male. 18 24.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 03:36 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,395,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
I seem to remember right before Ross started kissing the copy girl, he called Rachel, and Mark was there with her. So, if Mark hadn't been AT Rachel's apartment, they probably would have gotten back together.
Ooh, you're right! I had forgotten about that. The copy girl was flirting with him and he first turned her down because he was depressed about Rachel and I guess thought it would be wrong to fool around with someone so soon after their break, then called Rachel to talk and apologize, only to hear Mark's voice in the background. He didn't give her a chance to explain herself but considering that Mark was the source of a lot of his jealousy issues with Rachel, I can see how that would really set him off and affect his judgment.

I love how this thread is already on it's sixth page.

Hey foma and skoe, look at the poll. It looks like you have two more anonymous people on your side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 05:26 PM

550 posts, read 2,825,849 times
YAY!!!!

I have been off line for a while and was so happy to see 2 others agree with foma and me!

I can now see the side of 'on a break' but still have to say Ross cheated. There are some pretty good arguments on here though!

I just love watching Monica dance when she is in her fat suit. She looks so happy and cute!! I also love the leather pants and Ross scene. I laughed so hard it HURT!!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 06:31 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,254,417 times
My fave though, by far, was the holiday armidllo episode. I laughed so hard in that episode I started crying.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,526 times
Yeah, I think it wasn't cheating.
They were basically broken up.
Plus Ross was so drunk.. He barely realised what he was doing... I know that doesn't mean anything. But still.
They were on a break.

And I'm female. ;]

Old 08-24-2008, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,517 times
Sorry to drag this up again but I just watched the show on re-runs and googled it.

Here is the definition of break according to dictionary.com [URL]http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/break][/URL] -
122 definitions of break and not one that suggests that it means "going out but not really going out"

To quote "I didn't think women were that dense" that they would not adhere to the laws of the English language, usually I give them more credit than that...............perhaps I am wrong, perhaps.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:21 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,803 times
Wow haha this takes me back to when I first started watching Friends. Seems like a million years ago now.

I was always on Ross' side. I thought they were on a break. When you're taking a break from someone, I think you're allowed to see other people.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:07 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
From seeing the episode before they were "on a break", I was under the impression they had broken up. I was always on Ross' side on this issue, too.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:51 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
I think it's the only time ever that I was on Ross' side. As a rule, I couldn't stand him - by far my least favorite of the six - but they were so broken up.

I do however think it was Ross' fault that they broke up in the first place. He was such a pathetic jealous freak about the whole Mark situation.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,401 times
it's not cheating since it was rachel who wanted to take a break ( while she was being a huge ***** btw, she spent every night working and ross didnt get to see her and when he talked to her about it she didn't really seem to care, that's why he went overboard) because she could not take anymore of ross's jealousy over mark( well founded since mark himself admitted to have a crush on rachel),after that ross went to a bar to join chandler and joey and decided to call rachel, she picks up the phone and they start talking but mark (who went to rachel's appartment) says something loud and ross understand's he's there and hungs up.basically rachel wants a break because she's tired of ross's jealousy over mark and the first thing that happens after they take a break is mark going to rachel's...pretty obvious that they WERE on a break and that rachel's a big selfish *****

Old 03-22-2011, 10:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,727 times
i'm glad i came across it...this same scenario played out for real in my life...we were on a break. it totally feels like he cheated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV