Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 08:28 AM

1,111 posts, read 4,641,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Looks like the guys will shut Suzanne out.

Even if Van has cooking skills, he's an airhead. A Mimbo.
There is no way I can see Van as being an executive chef or even a sous chef. He kinda reminds me of like a line cook, someone who can do one thing really well in the kitchen, but not run a kitchen completely.

Suzanne tries too hard, but fails at it. The way she comes off, I'm not really sure whether she can cook or not because her drama is the only thing that is noticed. While I agree that bobody is there to make friends and everyone wants to win, but it is also a team challenge. So if you work as a team and finish service well as a team, then you don't have to worry about going home. I think they forget that to be an executive chef, you not only need to know how to cook, but you have to be a leader and a team player. So far, I'm not sure if anyone has show those traits. Quite honestly, I only watch HK for the yelling and cursing and drama that comes with it. I don't think I would go to any restaurant these people work at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 09:49 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,468,732 times
Van is suitable for being a top chef at a greasy spoon diner - not in Whistler or wherever Ramsey is setting up the winner from this show. The way he conducted himself at the chef's table when the two chefs were guests of the kitchen was proof positive that he is out of his league. He wasn't even able to explain the dishes they were serving, simply calling them "the scallops" or "the king crab". Sorry, but as an avid and frequent restaurant patron, I'm going to want to know how the heck they plan to prepare the food! And then his comment about "it's really not that good" - sabotaged his own kitchen and crew. Duh!

Suzanne is not going to "rise" to the occasion - the guys hate her as much as the girls, and I really don't see her having much substance. She is only still around because of the antagonism factor (there always has to be a thorn around for everyone's side to make the show interesting). Unfortunately, that little blondie with the pigtails is probably next to go from the girls team since she has a weak palate (she doesn't know the difference between well-seasoned food and the slop she concocts, and when Ramsey brought over Dave's risotto to compare, she didn't even bother to take a taste to see how the right way to prepare it was.)

I like Ariel, and I think she is probably the only member of the girls' team that has a chance. It may end up being between Kevin and Dave.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:59 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,683,869 times
So, who's more annoying...Suzanne or the loonatic from last season? I think Suzanne may be a little less aggravating, but that's just me, lol.

I agree that Ariel will probably make it to the top. She's low-key, just like last season's winner (who I couldn't stand). I hope Dave makes it to the end, just because he is so entertaining to listen to. I really think that whatever he's smoking is really doing the trick...so far!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:04 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,125,226 times
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/poconoproud/Kche.gif?t=1252980275 (broken link)

Old 09-14-2009, 08:06 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,683,869 times
LOL...what in green hills and valleys???

Old 09-15-2009, 01:45 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,100,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post

There is no way I can see Van as being an executive chef or even a sous chef.
Come on, cut my man Van some slack! If Michelin ever started giving stars for haute cuisine ham hocks, collard greens and grits, my man would have his own show.

That being said, Van has never been on the chopping block. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:19 PM

45,527 posts, read 60,760,162 times
Not on tonight?

Old 09-15-2009, 05:24 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,179,166 times
is it NOT coming on tonight?

Old 09-15-2009, 05:42 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,363,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
is it NOT coming on tonight?
Doesn't look like it. I just checked my DVR schedule and it looks like the next show is a two hour episode on 9/22. Dang, guess I'll just go to bed and cover up my head. No reason to stay up tonight!

Old 09-15-2009, 05:44 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,198,812 times
It is not coming on tonight There is so much crap on TV these days, that I look forward eagerly to HK and a couple of other shows. HK tonight will be replaced by that execrable More To Love in a two hour special. I feel oogy sometimes when I don't change the channel fast enough after the end of HK and those nasty MTL folks appear on the screen BTW I have become a great fan of SyFy's Warehouse 13 after HK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV