Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 06:01 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,949,710 times

Advertisements

Lucky for the few people that watch it is that it's on Fox. They hardly ever cancel anything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 07:29 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,253,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Well, I must be a Grrl who likes "man stuff" because I think think this is the funniest show I've seen on TV in years. I literally shriek with laughter at some of the dialogue. It's so quick and crazy. Whitford, the car, the mustache, the flask. He's always been an excellent character actor, but who knew he could be so funny?

Maybe you had to have been around in the '80s to get it. I can't imagine why some people here think it's "slow" and "not over the top enough"! What would be "over the top enough"??

And BTW, Tamiznluv, Rita Wilson isn't Colin Hanks' mother. His mother was actress Samantha Lewes, who died of cancer a few years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Lucky for the few people that watch it is that it's on Fox. They hardly ever cancel anything!

TY, Jukesgrrl. I did not know that. I was never into Tom Hanks until a few years ago when I realized he WAS a very talented actor!

LOL, Stripes. Yeah. At least this is a show that isn't completely about the character's personal lives. If they cancelled it tomorrow, I would not be devestated but I'm sure having fun watching it while it lasts!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:46 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,804,586 times
I'm sorry, but I love this show! Well, let me clarify, I love watching Bradley Whitford ... he's a freaking hoot!

Old 06-23-2010, 08:04 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,759,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Well, I must be a Grrl who likes "man stuff" because I think think this is the funniest show I've seen on TV in years. I literally shriek with laughter at some of the dialogue. It's so quick and crazy. Whitford, the car, the mustache, the flask. He's always been an excellent character actor, but who knew he could be so funny?

Maybe you had to have been around in the '80s to get it. I can't imagine why some people here think it's "slow" and "not over the top enough"! What would be "over the top enough"??

And BTW, Tamiznluv, Rita Wilson isn't Colin Hanks' mother. His mother was actress Samantha Lewes, who died of cancer a few years ago.
Count me in When he said the guy must be a 'socialpath' I was rolling. The pacing and the throw-away lines got me thinking back to the great short-lived 'Sledge Hammer'. Good times, good times.

'Burn Notice' is still number one for me, but, I will definitely keep watching this. Matt Nix is a genius.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:42 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,804,586 times
I find Colin Hanks to be the weak link. He has as much charisma on the small screen as maple syrup rolling down an ice wall. His storyline ... poor nice guy still pining for his ex ... yawn ... boring!!!! Bring Frank back!!!

Old 06-24-2010, 01:16 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,232,261 times
It's interesting for me not only because I think Whitford is hilarious but also because they have been filmiing in my neighborhood. The first house in the pilot belongs to a high school classmate and the mansion last week belongs to a PTA lady I know..

Old 06-24-2010, 11:13 PM

3,803 posts, read 9,342,398 times
Humidifinder.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:42 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,187,464 times
Default The Good Guys

Anyone else watching this? Marathon on FX right now. It's like a one buddy cop movie every week.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:02 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,403,335 times
Has this show been cancelled? I liked it but I haven't heard any more about it since they stopped running shows a few weeks ago.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:31 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,358,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Has this show been cancelled? I liked it but I haven't heard any more about it since they stopped running shows a few weeks ago.
At the end of the show that appeared on August 2 (I believe that date's correct), a voice-over said The Good Guys would be back soon for its fall season. I also read that it would be moving to Friday nights. Not a good sign since that's usually where networks put shows they don't have much faith in. I don't think there's been a huge hit Friday-night program since Miami Vice.

Maybe if FOX keeps showing re-runs or marathons, it will pick up some viewers. In a world where America's Got Talent, Dancing with the Stars, and Minute to Win it are at the top of the heap, this show is a little too quick-witted for the general public. Maybe people who had their heyday in the '80s just can't laugh at themselves. And it can't be cheap to produce at the rate Dan and Jack wreck cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV