Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 11:15 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,006,430 times

Advertisements

I'd never watch this tub of crud.
It should NEVER have made it to TV.
I hate the subject matter. Piece of crap ...

Old 11-02-2010, 11:00 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,097,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
What do you all think of this show? I know there was an indie film that came out like in 2006 of the same title. But I am kind of thinking it's going to be cancelled. I mean, how long are you gonna do a show about a call center in India??

Here's the trailer.

YouTube - Outsourced - Preview

Thoughts?
Yeah I heard it was going to get cancelled too.
I dont watch it
Not too many like the idea of their jobs being outsourced
They way the economy is now its really not a laughing matter

Old 11-02-2010, 11:52 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,139,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Maybe you had to work in a call center to know how true all of this is regardless of what country it takes place in. The accents from India just add to the entertainment because they are so beautiful and can be so much fun at the same time. I'm not sure the show will make it, but I'm sure I'll watch every episode they air.
Agree with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
The movie OUTSOURCED is great, funny with heart, I recommend it to all.
I watched the movie way before the show and I enjoyed the movie. I was curious to see how it would be brought into show form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
She can do more with her face than many actors can do with words.
I sat on the edge of my sofa the other day wondering when she would speak up and she finally did and made the last order of the day. I loved that episode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
Dh & I are LOVING the show. It's hilarious. The scream the quiet girl did the other day? AWESOME. "Get up!" was awesome (my dh hasn't stopped saying it yet). And of course there's Gupta. He's awesome. And the manager? I LOVE him. When he kept packing up Todd's stuff the other day? I couldn't stop laughing.
The hubby and I watch it too. The Assistant Manager, I love his eagerness to ship Todd out of there to get his job! Have you seen the end where they show future episode clips with the fortune teller? I think it's a sweet concept!

Old 11-02-2010, 08:55 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,342,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
No one cares if you don't like the show - but it is offensive to have a thread hijacked by posters who want to turn a sitcom into a political statement. I am sure that you have a lot of valid points and I will look for them at the other thread I posted where they will actually fit and the discussion will probably be quite productive. But, for now this is just for those that have watched the show and it appears like there are quite a few of us.

So, if anyone has anything to post about the actual show, the characters, storyline, etc. then I look forward to reading it. But this is not the Political Forum. Please respect those that don't want to turn it into a political discussion. Now, back to our original discussion...
Let's discuss this scene:

When the manager of the call center in Outsourced greets the supervisor who is returning from a training course and when he asks, "Where is everybody?" the manager laughs and says, "We sent all the jobs to India!" When a brick is thrown through the window with a hate note for the manager, he cackles hysterically as if the anger and desperation of his laid-off former employees is the funniest thing in the world.

Does anyone find that scene funny? I don't. If you find it funny, please post what you found funny about it. I will look forward to reading your point of view.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:50 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,482,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Let's discuss this scene:

When the manager of the call center in Outsourced greets the supervisor who is returning from a training course and when he asks, "Where is everybody?" the manager laughs and says, "We sent all the jobs to India!" When a brick is thrown through the window with a hate note for the manager, he cackles hysterically as if the anger and desperation of his laid-off former employees is the funniest thing in the world.

Does anyone find that scene funny? I don't. If you find it funny, please post what you found funny about it. I will look forward to reading your point of view.
Are you serious??? Was this really on the show??? I've never watched this show -- have no clue what day, time, or network it's on --- but would love to know who gave the go-ahead for some crap like this, making light of people who've lost their jobs so big business can outsource their work overseas to save money and continue to screw our country over.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:53 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,342,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Are you serious??? Was this really on the show??? I've never watched this show -- have no clue what day, time, or network it's on --- but would love to know who gave the go-ahead for some crap like this, making light of people who've lost their jobs so big business can outsource their work overseas to save money and continue to screw our country over.
Yes it was on the show. And I forgot to add that when the manager picks the brick with the hate note up off the floor he carries it across the room and places it on top of a whole stack of other bricks with notes, all the while smiling happily from ear to ear!

Old 11-04-2010, 09:59 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,285,272 times
My life and the customers of the huge corporation I work for has been greatly affected by the crappy outsourcing decision that took place.
In some odd way, putting a face on the people who DID benefit by getting those jobs and being able to laugh at it.....somehow makes it feel better.

I understand this is a touchy political issue for lots of people.
But for entertainment sake....it's what good entertainment has always been all about....making us laugh and see beyond our own worries.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:41 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,589,901 times
What I've seen of the show I do find that element a bit stupid. Although I think it's supposed to be stupid. Seeing their reactions to the weirder things in our culture and him reacting to things he finds weird in there's.

I've only watched a few episodes though and I'm a tad mixed on it. I do like the women characters as I recall. The men seemed a bit too goofy from what I recall. That seemed to be a sitcom staple for awhile. Women are smart or wise, men are lovably goofy. Never one I much cared for, but I likely haven't seen enough episodes to really judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.