Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 10:04 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,467,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
The Apprentice is only one of his shows. He's also behind Survivor, which has been on far longer than Trump's show, Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader and Martha Stewart, just to name 3 of the so very many. Some are international shows as well, like Apprentice with a UK version and an Ireland version.

Not saying I like those shows, but he's definitely got some huge successes under his belt along with all kinds of awards, including some Emmys.

This is the first season Burnett has been involved, not last season. Last season they made some changes too, like the judges chose the winner, not the voting audience, which is the only way I think that Antonio could have won.

I'm not fond of this years changes just yet, but it's only been two shows so it still has a chance to get better. One can only hope.
Didn't the Martha Stewart show only last one season? No arguing the success of "Are you smarter than ..." and "Survivor". However, The Apprentice seems to be going downhill (I didn't even watch it this season), and frankly, it looks like Design Star is too. It's true though that we've only seen 2 episodes, so hopefully it will improve.

I just think the format for people wanting to win their own show for designing vs. a bunch of people willing to live in a remote location with limited food, cruel weather, no shelter and extreme challenges vying for a million dollar prize are two very different animals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I like all the judges, but am I the only one who remembers the barefoot Genevieve who glued moss to a wall and lots of other ugly wacky designs on Trading Spaces?
No Ma'am, you are not! I clearly remember her, Doug, Frank, Hildie (now SHE had crazy designs!) and the charming southern woman. I use to feel SO sorry for some of the homeowners!

Old 06-24-2010, 03:34 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,627,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Didn't the Martha Stewart show only last one season? No arguing the success of "Are you smarter than ..." and "Survivor". However, The Apprentice seems to be going downhill (I didn't even watch it this season), and frankly, it looks like Design Star is too. It's true though that we've only seen 2 episodes, so hopefully it will improve.

I just think the format for people wanting to win their own show for designing vs. a bunch of people willing to live in a remote location with limited food, cruel weather, no shelter and extreme challenges vying for a million dollar prize are two very different animals.
Martha Stewart show started in 2005 and is now syndicated it says and one of the Emmys he won.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:50 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,823,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
Martha Stewart show started in 2005 and is now syndicated it says and one of the Emmys he won.
I think poster was referring to her Apprentice Show.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I think poster was referring to her Apprentice Show.
I was indeed! Thanks for clarifying.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:42 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,627,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
I was indeed! Thanks for clarifying.
Ah, didn't remember she even had one and my mention was Martha Stewart with no mention of Apprentice so I had no clue to connect it. sorry

Old 06-27-2010, 05:00 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,311,760 times
I really thought Martha's apprentice type show was actually interesting. It is at least as good, if not better, than a lot of the other crap they keep on the air. I know it caused a bit rift between her and Donald T.

Is everyone ready to watch Design Star tonight?

Old 06-27-2010, 09:03 PM

hope this doesn't post twice. I had en error when trying first time.

I am so tired of Nina,Nina,Nina
I think her designs are sub par on every level.
From week to week I am so underwhelmed by these so called designers.

I had so many visions for an outdoor space on a NYC rooftop. Man-that would have been a great opportunity. It was a swing and a miss for me from all those guys,

Old 06-28-2010, 02:39 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,370,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
hope this doesn't post twice. I had en error when trying first time.

I am so tired of Nina,Nina,Nina
I think her designs are sub par on every level.
From week to week I am so underwhelmed by these so called designers.

I had so many visions for an outdoor space on a NYC rooftop. Man-that would have been a great opportunity. It was a swing and a miss for me from all those guys,
I totally agree about Nina. She rubs me the wrong way. I have not been able to form an opinion of the talent of the contestants yet. This season has a different feel to it. I don't care for it. I'm not enjoying the show and the judges are so colorless and boring. They seem bored, too.

I'm going to give it one more shot and if next week is a bummer than I'll stop watching.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I totally agree about Nina. She rubs me the wrong way. I have not been able to form an opinion of the talent of the contestants yet. This season has a different feel to it. I don't care for it. I'm not enjoying the show and the judges are so colorless and boring. They seem bored, too.

I'm going to give it one more shot and if next week is a bummer than I'll stop watching.
you know what? I think you are onto something. Made me stop and think that the judges are setting the tone for this. They DO seem bored. Or mad. Like they are going through the motions but that's it.
Maybe they are bound by contracts but don't like the new format, new boss and or that the host guy got fired. They truly act like they would rather be anywhere else but on that set.
Whoever is responsible for this new format should be fired. Loved this show--until this season. It's very bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV