Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2010, 09:45 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,454,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson View Post

I completely agree with all of you - the format this season is awful and the challenges beyond stupid. SO disapointed!!!
Even after having only seen 2 episodes (the 1st one and the most recent one), I completely agree. Supreme Suckitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 11:48 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,301,611 times
Last one, clearing the space in the dvr so I could delete it I was writing a story. I tend to ignore everything else at that moment so it worked out fine. I do applaud the judges though for declaring no evidence of teams and doing individual judging. I think the judges are as ticked off as the (vanishing) viewers.

Can the group stuff and the emphasis on competition. Just show us what they can do as individuals and then maybe I'll watch.

And PLEASE lose Nina.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:49 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,302,646 times
Mark Burnett is doing the same thing that so many CEO's are doing with companies all across America. Just keep downsizing to save a few bucks until there is nothing left to offer the public. I imagine he has an advertising type contract with the stores being used to purchase the furniture in. This is why there is no discussion of money or time. I'm with nightbird, the judges don't look so excited this year either. I'm sure they know it's a snoozer.

Is this show being taped live or has the competition already run it's course previously (like Project Runway)? If it's live, there may be changes this season based on the viewer complaints, but if it was taped earlier, all we can do is live out this season and hope the next will get better.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:37 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,791,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I really dislike this show more each week.
I dislike Nina more each week.

I have NO idea what Alex says when he speaks. It's like a whole other language.
I thought for SURE they were going to kick Nina out for making those repetitous boring designs....That pink box painting thingy she made Yuck !

I did get a kick out of her tail between her legs look....

Old 07-13-2010, 11:52 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,821,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I thought for SURE they were going to kick Nina out for making those repetitous boring designs....That pink box painting thingy she made Yuck !

I did get a kick out of her tail between her legs look....
I too enjoyed Nina's discomfort.
I'm sure M. Burnett has total and complete control over who stays and who goes. And Nina aint going anywhere if that is the case. M Burnett likes villains. Also may be why the judges act stiff,bored and as though they were headed to the gas chamber each week. I bet Mark Burnett controls every aspect of the show now and Candace,Genevieve and Vern are his puppets under contract. Too bad for them too cause their reputations are taking a hit from the viewers; especially Vern's. Every board I've visited to read the comments are complaining about Vern being hateful,rude,mean,etc much as we here are saying.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:27 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,466,674 times
I agree with you. Vern, Genevieve and Candace are not happy campers on this series and that is CLEARLY evident in their demeanor. Candace is usually so playful - but for these three, it looks like the fun has been taken out of it for them too. Burnett has completely destroyed this show. And it's a shame. What's the old saying? If it ain't broke, don't fix it ...

Old 07-14-2010, 01:19 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,791,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
I agree with you. Vern, Genevieve and Candace are not happy campers on this series and that is CLEARLY evident in their demeanor. Candace is usually so playful - but for these three, it looks like the fun has been taken out of it for them too. Burnett has completely destroyed this show. And it's a shame. What's the old saying? If it ain't broke, don't fix it ...
Correct me if am wrong but wasn't Vern warm and pleasant on " Bang for Your Buck " He laughed and was very talented. ( Love that show by the way )

Genevieve , what happened ? Did she lose weight ? I remember her as having a nice curvy body a year or two ago, on one of the design shows. I did not recognize her !

They seem stiff. Everything seems rehearsed . They are hardline.

Not on the BFYB and other shows. They were great ! Thats why we wanted to watch them. I hope someone takes hold of the reigns soon...

What do you guys think of David Bromastad on Miami Design Show ? ( forgot the exact name ) He too I always thought was warm and funny !

Old 07-14-2010, 02:17 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,821,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Correct me if am wrong but wasn't Vern warm and pleasant on " Bang for Your Buck " He laughed and was very talented. ( Love that show by the way )

Genevieve , what happened ? Did she lose weight ? I remember her as having a nice curvy body a year or two ago, on one of the design shows. I did not recognize her !

They seem stiff. Everything seems rehearsed . They are hardline.

Not on the BFYB and other shows. They were great ! Thats why we wanted to watch them. I hope someone takes hold of the reigns soon...

What do you guys think of David Bromastad on Miami Design Show ? ( forgot the exact name ) He too I always thought was warm and funny !
I'll address the David Bromstad show first. I'm a firm believer that if it aint broke there is no need to fix it. I liked David's show just fine before and not so much now. He's a keeper though!!

Vern seems like a nice guy and always has. Genuinely sweet, very talented and likeable. Genevieve lost weight and while I like her I don't like her show and I don't think she's a great designer. I like Candace but don't watch her show because I like designs affordable to "most" and her designs seem geared for the rich.
Having said that I'll say again that I think all three are fulfilling contracts and all 3 seem angry to be there. It's just not a believeable act they are putting on. I can't fault them. It appears as though they are being forced into doing something they don't want to do and joined forces to not pretend otherwise. I have no way of knowing if that's true or not but looks that way. If indeed they are unwilling to put on false happy faces and are taking a stand against the executives then I stand and applaud their actions.
Hopefully their fans will recognize what's going on and not hold their actions on the show against them. I hold Mark Burnett and his cronies responsible.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:44 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,301,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I'll address the David Bromstad show first. I'm a firm believer that if it aint broke there is no need to fix it. I liked David's show just fine before and not so much now. He's a keeper though!!

Vern seems like a nice guy and always has. Genuinely sweet, very talented and likeable. Genevieve lost weight and while I like her I don't like her show and I don't think she's a great designer. I like Candace but don't watch her show because I like designs affordable to "most" and her designs seem geared for the rich.
Having said that I'll say again that I think all three are fulfilling contracts and all 3 seem angry to be there. It's just not a believeable act they are putting on. I can't fault them. It appears as though they are being forced into doing something they don't want to do and joined forces to not pretend otherwise. I have no way of knowing if that's true or not but looks that way. If indeed they are unwilling to put on false happy faces and are taking a stand against the executives then I stand and applaud their actions.
Hopefully their fans will recognize what's going on and not hold their actions on the show against them. I hold Mark Burnett and his cronies responsible.
I agree, I love Color Splash. He has a beautiful sense of design. Doing it as he did, then, he had a variety of styles with his own flair. And I MISS his crew. Bring the BACK. I don't like the new one. Everything looks the same. Maybe it is that I'm not fond of the style, but I think its more that its supposed to be bigger and bolder and its just plain not. Boring more like it.

The judges? I think they are bored stiff. And it shows. They have to be under contract so they are doing it but they don't have to look in the least bit enthusiasitc. I hope everyone is telling HGTV to dump the new format and do it over again. None of the current competiters show any interest from my perception.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:02 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,302,646 times
If the judges at least spoke to the contestants as they walked through their challenge during the judging part....it would be helpful. Pointing out what they like or don't like and WHY....would make the show more interesting. Unless there is a lot of discussion going on that we aren't seeing, I can only imagine how confused and annoyed the contestants are.

All of these judges are born mentors. IF they could help, they would. I think their hands are tied by the "Mark B....I ruin every show I touch" machine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV