Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 10:20 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,816,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
You'll need to spank me then! I rarely vote for people based on their dancing. I don't think the majority of fans do either or Kyle wouldn't have ended up in the bottom 2 last week.

I vote for people I'd like to see stay around, whether it be how much I like them & want to see them succeed from "knowing" them outside of the show or because I liked their personality while on the show.

Courtney
hence the reason this show will never truly work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 10:29 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,838,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I see what you're saying, but I'm willing to bet the millions of fans that tune in season after season think the show does work.

I'm not a dancing fanatic & know nothing about what it takes to do the jive or tango properly & I don't care about the technicality of the dances. I tune in to see a wide range of celebrities out of their element & see how they react to the challenge, it could be thumb wrestling & I'd watch it if mainstream celebrities were involved!

Courtney

Old 09-27-2010, 10:29 PM

18,951 posts, read 11,614,332 times
Quote:
Erm...it's in it's 11th season - so, it might not be working how you'd like it to - but it's working.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Erm...it's in it's 11th season - so, it might not be working how you'd like it to - but it's working.
erm..it isn't working properly-no matter how many seasons it has been on IF people are not voting for the best dancer-period!

Old 09-27-2010, 11:00 PM

Jennifer Grey kicked azz and took names.
Bristol Palin would have been well served to enter the world of celebrity by doing so on Thintervention instead of making an arse out of herself on a dance show.
What the hell was that gawd awful thing Lacey had on?? I couldn't even see the dance because I couldn't focus on anything but her stupid outfit.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I see what you're saying, but I'm willing to bet the millions of fans that tune in season after season think the show does work.

I'm not a dancing fanatic & know nothing about what it takes to do the jive or tango properly & I don't care about the technicality of the dances. I tune in to see a wide range of celebrities out of their element & see how they react to the challenge, it could be thumb wrestling & I'd watch it if mainstream celebrities were involved!

Courtney
LOL--you contradict yourself then since you said you gave sympathy votes to someone based on anything but their dancing.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
LOL--you contradict yourself then since you said you gave sympathy votes to someone based on anything but their dancing.
What are you talking about? Please break it down for me, I'm the one that didn't realize Alaska was attached to Canada until the show aired last week , so I need you to be very specific!

I gave 2 courtesy votes to Kurt because I'd like to see him stick around based on what I've learned about him since the show started, not based on his dancing. So where am I contradicting myself? Do tell.

Courtney

Old 09-27-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:

Courtney
Quote:
What are you talking about? Please break it down for me, I'm the one that didn't realize Alaska was attached to Canada until the show aired last week , so I need you to be very specific!

I gave 2 courtesy votes to Kurt because I'd like to see him stick around based on what I've learned about him since the show started, not based on his dancing. So where am I contradicting myself? Do tell.

Courtney
LOL--you gave him courtesy votes based on what you know of his personal life (which is totally bizarre to me ) then you also said you tune in to see celebrities out of their element and see how they react to the challenge.

Their personal life should have no bearing whatsoever on their dance.
I don't think it's that hard to figure out. I don't know, I guess I just don't have the time to watch then vote on someone unless they did an awesome dance routine. If no one danced well then no one gets my vote.
I'm not into popularity contest.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:28 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,077,301 times
I can't believe Jennifer and Derrick only got three 8's.

Their jive was FANTASTIC..............the best dance of the night.

They should have got three 10's................what was wrong with the judges?

And Michael Bolton..........oh my. Has anyone ever gotten a 3 before?

Bye - bye, Michael................

Old 09-27-2010, 11:55 PM

^^^Michael was so terrible, it was painful to watch!

Quote:
LOL--you gave him courtesy votes based on what you know of his personal life (which is totally bizarre to me ) then you also said you tune in to see celebrities out of their element and see how they react to the challenge.

Their personal life should have no bearing whatsoever on their dance.
I don't think it's that hard to figure out. I don't know, I guess I just don't have the time to watch then vote on someone unless they did an awesome dance routine. If no one danced well then no one gets my vote.
I'm not into popularity contest.
Like I've said ad nauseam, I'm not personally watching it for the superb dancing, it's just a bonus to me when that happens!

I didn't contradict myself, you obviously love to nitpick. Watching how someone reacts to a challenge does not mean that I give a flip about the technicality of how they danced the Lindy Hop & did or did not point their toes. I enjoy watching how the celebrities handle the pressure of the live show, which is a challenge & how they interact with the other contestants & their partners.

Courtney
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV