Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 07:55 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,233,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I agree with you on this. I used to like Mia, but now, she just comes off as being a total bit*h.

LOL at the "his Buckness" comment. I cant stand that guy but the wife likes him. I think its because she knows him and says he's a really sweet guy.
Agreed. Mia needs to be choreographing instead, her routines are great, can be great.

This season is such a let down. Most of the dance routines are bad, even the ones Mia has done this season. I don't understand all the cheers for Kent. I'm just going to say, let me clarify that I am gay myself, is anyone else picking up Kent on their gaydar? Yes I know, who cares about sexuality, etc, etc, but when someone says they're straight when clearly they aren't then I have to point it out. Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 09:17 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,215,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
Agreed. Mia needs to be choreographing instead, her routines are great, can be great.

This season is such a let down. Most of the dance routines are bad, even the ones Mia has done this season. I don't understand all the cheers for Kent. I'm just going to say, let me clarify that I am gay myself, is anyone else picking up Kent on their gaydar? Yes I know, who cares about sexuality, etc, etc, but when someone says they're straight when clearly they aren't then I have to point it out. Anyone?
I would guess that Kent was gay, but I'm not sure he is the one implying he's straight, it's others, like Cat who ask him about what he looks for in girls. I think he is only 18 so he may not even be sure himself yet, or at least not ready to talk about it.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
I would guess that Kent was gay, but I'm not sure he is the one implying he's straight, it's others, like Cat who ask him about what he looks for in girls. I think he is only 18 so he may not even be sure himself yet, or at least not ready to talk about it.
That and I believe there was something he said about liking another contestant, female.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
That and I believe there was something he said about liking another contestant, female.
The guys always make comments about how sexy the girls are. Adam, who is very out, is always making those big eyes, weird noises and complimenting Cat and the other girls when they look sexy, even an openly gay guy can appreciate when a woman looks good, it doesn't mean he wants to be with her.

That type of thing happens a lot in artistic environments where everyone knows and understands different types of sexuality, people get really close so there is no confusion, I remember it from my theatre days, a gay guy might get really flirty with a girl, but the girl knows it's just for fun.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
The guys always make comments about how sexy the girls are. Adam, who is very out, is always making those big eyes, weird noises and complimenting Cat and the other girls when they look sexy, even an openly gay guy can appreciate when a woman looks good, it doesn't mean he wants to be with her.

That type of thing happens a lot in artistic environments where everyone knows and understands different types of sexuality, people get really close so there is no confusion, I remember it from my theatre days, a gay guy might get really flirty with a girl, but the girl knows it's just for fun.
I'd have to disagree, this wasn't the type of comment gay people make about women like Adam does. I suppose you'd have to see it, it was different. It was more like when guys admitting they like a particular person and their friends laughing and hitting them on the shoulders, that's what I saw.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:02 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,274,133 times
I think Kent is quite the little actor. His kiss with Lauren will help him with teen votes. IMHO - the producers tried to portray Kent as unsophisticated. When asked in the prelims had he traveled, he replied, Yes to Cincinnati or some other Ohio town. I think Kent knows how to get votes. I agree with detsen that gay guys can find females attractive and even kiss them. That said, he is a talented dancer, and I enjoy watching him perform. His movements are so fluid.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I'd have to disagree, this wasn't the type of comment gay people make about women like Adam does. I suppose you'd have to see it, it was different. It was more like when guys admitting they like a particular person and their friends laughing and hitting them on the shoulders, that's what I saw.
I'm not sure what comment you're talking about, I have been fast forwarding a lot so I may have missed it. He's young and it appears he's been very sheltered so he may still be figuring himself out, once he heads out into the professional dance world he will learn quickly to love whoever he is.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:44 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,577,247 times
So we have yet ANOTHER injured dancer. Geez this is getting old.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:04 AM

18,508 posts, read 31,748,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
So we have yet ANOTHER injured dancer. Geez this is getting old.
ain't it the truth !!

Old 07-22-2010, 07:49 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,805,517 times
Furious my DVR didn't record last weeks episode of who was 'voted' off. This season the best dancers are getting injured and the mediocre ones stay..... I hope Billy Bell is okay next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV