Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 01:45 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
oh we love Mary in our house, and what did Twinkle call Mia, too organic??? that was a scream, I am still laughing.......

Love Kat to death, she is so much prettier to look at other than Ryan Seacrest or Tom Bergeron, blech !!!

This is my favorite show, just so much more entertaining than that tired old Idol.....

We just can't stand that "Little C" character, he is like a hemmorid that will itch till the cows come home..................................

I will so Miss the famous Mary scream !!!!!!!!!!!!
...... He's "buck".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 08:51 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
...... He's "buck".

Oh Nooooooooooooooo, you didn't

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahah ah

Old 06-16-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I cringed when Cat asked Kent what his perfect girl would be. Can she not see what the rest of us can?? I felt so bad for him. He obviously came up with that mom answer because he couldn't really say what his perfect "guy" would be. Poor thing. And the later Beyonce response just seemed like a last ditch attempt to recover and it only made it worse. He's my favorite so far and I hope that little exchange didn't kill his chances.

yes, that was totally un-necessary for that question to asked from the boy.
I like him as well too !!!
he is not ready yet, and that is OK.........not everyone in the whole TV, entertainment industry has to be outted, ugh, gimme a break.....

Old 06-16-2010, 09:14 AM

137 posts, read 170,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I cringed when Cat asked Kent what his perfect girl would be. Can she not see what the rest of us can?? I felt so bad for him. He obviously came up with that mom answer because he couldn't really say what his perfect "guy" would be. Poor thing. And the later Beyonce response just seemed like a last ditch attempt to recover and it only made it worse. He's my favorite so far and I hope that little exchange didn't kill his chances.
Yeah, in a show like SYTYCD it's pretty dumb to assume that the boys like girls. Especially contemporary dancers! How many straight men do contemporary dance?

Kent is good, but he's not as good as some of the others and his athleticism is definitely a long way behind most of the other boys.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:57 AM

I watched the show last night, I have to say Mia was really very critical of all the dancers to the point where I felt like smacking her ugly face. The kids are dancing and she is complaining about the emotional connection and all that stuff. Oh please already, they haven't been on the show long enough to develop their emotional side. Ugh !!!

Doesn't she think the kids might be a little bit overwhelmed and nervous about dancing, let alone a emotional something or other. It will come......

I want Mary back. mary can give criticism and not be insulting about it.

PS: and I know that girl will never say "Thank you" to the judges again, Mia kinda made a fool out of her, and that wasn't nice.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:44 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
I want Mary back too! Mia is such a witch. I never cared for her, she's a terrific choreographer most of the time, but she's MEAN.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:01 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,255,561 times
We want Mary back, too. We call Mia the witch in my household. Is Adechike the Brandon of this season? Mia was especially nasty to him last night as she was to Brandon last season. I voted for Adechike for that reason. Adam and Mia are getting just too cutesy with one another. What was that remark from Adam about "I like sitting next to Mia." Was that a slap to Mary? Mia was never hired as a dancer because of her body size. Maybe that's the root of her nasty remarks.
My favorite dance routine was Robert's Afro Jazz.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:47 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveycrockettino View Post
Yeah, in a show like SYTYCD it's pretty dumb to assume that the boys like girls. Especially contemporary dancers! How many straight men do contemporary dance?

Kent is good, but he's not as good as some of the others and his athleticism is definitely a long way behind most of the other boys.
One should never assume. I hadn't noticed Robert at all until I saw his routine last night, I was watching it and thinking how sexy he looked, then I wondered if he was gay. As soon as I witnessed that little "meow" cat exchange with Mia I had my answer. No way that boy is straight, but he's hot!

Old 06-18-2010, 07:04 AM

30 posts, read 44,577 times
So you think , you can dance is a good Reality show , other seems to be preplanned with winners results.good destination for talent hunters.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:38 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I watched the show last night, I have to say Mia was really very critical of all the dancers to the point where I felt like smacking her ugly face. The kids are dancing and she is complaining about the emotional connection and all that stuff. Oh please already, they haven't been on the show long enough to develop their emotional side. Ugh !!!

Doesn't she think the kids might be a little bit overwhelmed and nervous about dancing, let alone a emotional something or other. It will come......

I want Mary back. mary can give criticism and not be insulting about it.

PS: and I know that girl will never say "Thank you" to the judges again, Mia kinda made a fool out of her, and that wasn't nice.
I like Mia and think she makes valid points. The kids are not old enough and just have not lived enough to be able to pull emotions out that they have never had. I think Nigel made reference to that.
It was sooooo funny when Nigel asked that young girl if she'd ever been in love. She's pretty and of an age in which it would be surprising if she had answered 'no'. At that age Mr. Right is just around the corner and often whomever you are with at the time is your 'soul mate' - until the next one comes along.
It takes wisdom and usually that only comes with experiencing life. That's why we often find foreign films more engrossing. They are made for and by adults.

To me the judges often say things by innuendo and the kids are often not savvy enough to pick up on it, just standing there nodding. I think Mia tries just to say the same thing in a direct manner, wanting the dancers to improve and knowing that the subtlety oft goes right past them. I think she says what she does out of kindness, not meanspiritedness. When I was in school I appreciated teachers who leveled with me and would risk their 'likability' by just flat out telling the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV