Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2010, 01:19 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,521,497 times

Advertisements

I'm just not watching very much of this show this summer - a few minutes here and there. I don't like the new format. I miss Mary bec there was no question how she felt about a performance. Nigel's bias towards tappers leads them to make wrong decisions. (Really the tap dancers shouldn't even be in this show at all). I like Adam, but Mia - not a fan of her. The dances are starting to all look and sound alike.

When they had to pick just top 10 - that took out some of the suspense, because with 20 you get some borderline people and you wonder, "Will they rise to the occasion or will they crash and burn?"

But with picking top 10, they are almost across the board very good - except for the tapper who was stuck out like a sore thumb. They have to keep lovin on Jose because at least he's different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 01:41 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,219,244 times
I get the feeling ratings are way down, I hope they don't cancel it though, it's a summer favorite of mine, and it can get very good again. Many of Wednesday's performances were very good and worth watching. I'm just not into dancing with the stars, I love seeing these great dancers doing their best (most of the time).

Old 07-02-2010, 01:56 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,219,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Yeah I know. THEY were the ones who wanted to keep her, then they tear her down. Brilliant!

Mia is a bad influence on Adam.
That was cruel and uneccessary, everyone new she would be leaving the next week, latin was way out of her style, and the costume did her no favors. She handled it beautifully though. In general her dancing wasn't up to par with some of the others, but I liked her, I felt she had style and class, I get sick of the "tirelessly perky" girls, but that's what teenagers connect with and they are the ones who vote.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:18 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,121,961 times
I haven't been able to watch and have missed some episodes because my kids have all this monster truck crap recorded and it has interfered with the recording of my SYTYCD shows! I was able to watch last week's show (I think) last night, but the results show didn't record because of the kids' programs. I'm assuming by reading through the posts, the tapper (Melinda?) was kicked off. Also, I'm guessing the salsa girl (Christina?) was kicked off the week before because I didn't see her on the show I watched last night.

I really enjoyed Alex and Twitch's hip hop routine. I thought it was the best dance of the night. I also hope they go back to the old format. I like seeing the All-Stars, but I think that should be a special segment of the show ... not the entire show. I really like it when they pair up the current contestants with each other.

I also hope Mary comes back soon. I can't hang with Mia because she looks AND acts like the Grinch Who Stole Christmas. And Adam is just annoying. Never thought I'd say Nigel is the sane one in the bunch. Oh well, at least "His Buckness" isn't on there ... yet.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:38 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,217,453 times
Mia "frosted my oats" with her "I can BREAK YOU" attitude....I havent bothered much this summer and I miss it.....

Old 07-08-2010, 06:20 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,350,956 times
Mia did it again. I didn't like it when she told Adéchiké "Oh I miss Alex". That wasn't very nice.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:30 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,585,425 times
I hate Mia more and more every week.

They seem to be really hard on Adecheke (I probably just butchered the spelling of his name), yet he's never been in the bottom three. I think if Mia is mean to someone it might actually be good for them. I think so many people dislike her it just makes the voters vote harder for that person.

Like Brandon, she didn't even want him in the Top 20 a couple seasons ago and he almost won! Lol take that Mia you ole witch.

Idk who will go home tonight? They were all pretty good in at least one of their routines.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:45 AM

18,519 posts, read 31,785,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I haven't been able to watch and have missed some episodes because my kids have all this monster truck crap recorded and it has interfered with the recording of my SYTYCD shows! I was able to watch last week's show (I think) last night, but the results show didn't record because of the kids' programs. I'm assuming by reading through the posts, the tapper (Melinda?) was kicked off. Also, I'm guessing the salsa girl (Christina?) was kicked off the week before because I didn't see her on the show I watched last night.

I really enjoyed Alex and Twitch's hip hop routine. I thought it was the best dance of the night. I also hope they go back to the old format. I like seeing the All-Stars, but I think that should be a special segment of the show ... not the entire show. I really like it when they pair up the current contestants with each other.

I also hope Mary comes back soon. I can't hang with Mia because she looks AND acts like the Grinch Who Stole Christmas. And Adam is just annoying. Never thought I'd say Nigel is the sane one in the bunch. Oh well, at least "His Buckness" isn't on there ... yet.

LOL, Please, nooooo !!!:s hocked:

anyway, I am not liking the all stars with the newbies so much, I get a little confused sometimes.....ok, a lot....
I just think all new peeps dancing together was a better format. I liked the 20 as the OP had stated, much more fun

Oh how I miss Mary, sorry, it just isn't the same, I also liked Shane as well........Mia has her moments, yes, agree Adam is annoying.....

Old 07-08-2010, 11:21 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,278,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I hate Mia more and more every week.

They seem to be really hard on Adecheke (I probably just butchered the spelling of his name), yet he's never been in the bottom three. I think if Mia is mean to someone it might actually be good for them. I think so many people dislike her it just makes the voters vote harder for that person.

Like Brandon, she didn't even want him in the Top 20 a couple seasons ago and he almost won! Lol take that Mia you ole witch.

Idk who will go home tonight? They were all pretty good in at least one of their routines.
We absolutely despise this woman. Thank you Cat for calling her on her obvious bias towards Jose and against Adechike. BTW - I don't exactly remember the remark Cat directed at Mia last week - something about the Lauren's malfunction problem. I got the opinion Cat may not like Mia. My husband actually labeled Mia a racist a couple weeks ago because she's treating Adechike exactly like she did Brandon. Of course, she was pretty mean to Melissa so she's probably just mean. Maybe Mia's trying to emulate Simon from AI. If so, she just comes across as mean. Her "I miss Alex" remark was just mean and spiteful.
Another think I don't understand is why Adechike's Bollywood routine was being for being too African. Do the dancers totally change up their routines from rehearsal to show? Shouldn't the choreographer have corrected Adechike if he wasn't following the standard?
I read a post on another forum from a person who studied Bollywood. The poster claims the judges aren't that familiar with Bollywood and to those unfamiliar with it, it may look African. The same way a Salsa and Samba can look the same to some. The head swaying that Nigel pointed out is Garba, an dance from the Gujarat region of India. Nakul (the choreographer) stood up and cheered when Cat backed up Adechike. If this is true, I guess this answers my question above. Adechike was spot on.
You are right about Mia helping Adechike get votes. I don't vote for the best any more, I vote for who Mia criticizes. Now that Alex will automatically be in the in the bottom three tonight, we know he will be saved. I think he was the best. I believe Robert and Adechike will be the other two. Jose should be in the bottom three. I hate to see Robert leave, but I think that will be the outcome.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:37 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,585,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
We absolutely despise this woman. Thank you Cat for calling her on her obvious bias towards Jose and against Adechike. BTW - I don't exactly remember the remark Cat directed at Mia last week - something about the Lauren's malfunction problem. I got the opinion Cat may not like Mia. My husband actually labeled Mia a racist a couple weeks ago because she's treating Adechike exactly like she did Brandon. Of course, she was pretty mean to Melissa so she's probably just mean. Maybe Mia's trying to emulate Simon from AI. If so, she just comes across as mean. Her "I miss Alex" remark was just mean and spiteful.
Another think I don't understand is why Adechike's Bollywood routine was being for being too African. Do the dancers totally change up their routines from rehearsal to show? Shouldn't the choreographer have corrected Adechike if he wasn't following the standard?
I read a post on another forum from a person who studied Bollywood. The poster claims the judges aren't that familiar with Bollywood and to those unfamiliar with it, it may look African. The same way a Salsa and Samba can look the same to some. The head swaying that Nigel pointed out is Garba, an dance from the Gujarat region of India. Nakul (the choreographer) stood up and cheered when Cat backed up Adechike. If this is true, I guess this answers my question above. Adechike was spot on.
You are right about Mia helping Adechike get votes. I don't vote for the best any more, I vote for who Mia criticizes. Now that Alex will automatically be in the in the bottom three tonight, we know he will be saved. I think he was the best. I believe Robert and Adechike will be the other two. Jose should be in the bottom three. I hate to see Robert leave, but I think that will be the outcome.
LOL I LOVED Cat for calling Mia out on that. Cat seems like a pretty awesome person so I bet she doesn't like Mia either.

I like Jose, but he is the weakest link at this point and should be the next to go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV